Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 24th (Thursday)

Good Morning, I'm having my coffee and 12 grain bread toast with Ben Matlock this morning, lol. 

It's a beautiful day outside with the sun shining and a chill in the air.  I think I'm going to cut my grass today and get that out of the way.  I spotted 2 tops at JCP that interest me and I might be ordering them while the ebates are triple this week. 

That's my excitement, how are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 24th (Thursday)

@Bird mama: I'm a day late and bringing up the caboose to wish you a belated happy birthday.

I always love reading about you cutting the grass. Grass, what grass?! Living in Tucson and limited water resources there's not much grass around her. Lots of cacti and decorative rock🤓

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is another beautiful sunny cool day.  I am so loving the 50's at night & 70's by day.  My DH is mowing the lawn before our company comes.  Then we are going out for lunch.  It is my hope to have the leftovers for supper.

Welcome to our new poster.  We also have grass here in S. WI.

I walked early this morning, came home & put on the coffee & made pancakes for breakfast.

My Dr. appointment was good yesterday.  BP was great & I will see my Dr. after we get back from vacation.  

Tomorrow morning I get labs/infusion.  Then hopefully I will be the Energized Bunny.

I am going to have a lazy day.  We are going to Concert on the Square this evening.

I hope that Marijane is enjoying her vacation.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sadiesadie  Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I lead a boring life.  Work full time and then there is house maintenance, lol.

I have in laws in Chandler and Mesa.  They manage to landscape nice with what they have.  

Honored Contributor

Hey @twinny70  I'm glad the doctor appointment went well yesterday.  Hopefully all the BP issues are behind you.  I'm getting the yard work done today because I offered my assistance to my eldest niece in setting up a tent or something like it (?) in her backyard for her youngest daughter's brithday gathering on Saturday.  If she needs me tomorrow, I want any sweaty work out of the way.  Then we have the get together on Saturday and I know me, I won't want to cut the grass on Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you are enjoying the weather, and hope you get the grass cut.  Interested in the tops that you are considering at JCP.  I really need to make a trip up there, since just seeing things on the web can be confusing.

Welcome Sadiesadie.  I live south of you, and no grass here either.  Mowing grass was never my favorite job when I had grass in Maryland, but if the weather was nice it was sort of fun to be outside.

Enjoy lunch twinny.  Great news about your BP, and I hope the infusion goes well.  You are always busy, even on your non-Energizer bunny days.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

It was very nice on my walk this morning -- 70 degrees when I started.  For some reason, I got up a bit early, and started de-cluttering.  Some of the decisions were not difficult, but others took some time.  I found a blazer that I have had for many years (more than 10), and it is fine and looks good.  But, why do I need to keep that blazer when I no longer go to work?  I also decided to donate some more of DH's clothes, belts, etc.  He has been in his memory care facility for more than a year, and I know he does not need things like warm jackets, belts, etc., but it has taken me a long time to part with things.  I am still keeping a few things that I probably should donate, but...... 

My plan is to go to the gym this morning, and visit DH this afternoon when the hospice nurse visits.  That is unless she wants to visit at a different time.  DH was in good spirits and awake yesterday afternoon, which pleased me.  The caregiver was so excited about his banana bread that he kissed my hand.  That was funny.

I know Jean is working today, and I hope she is feeling okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama: Not to diss your family in the Mesa/Phoenix area but they sure like to use the limited water resources up there. Lots of grass up there.

Also love reading about your bird babies. My sister was always getting baby birds she'd nurse back. There was one little Inca dove who decided no way did she want to live out there. 

She really imprinted and coukd never be released. What and absolute sweetie she was. We'd get to babysit when sis went out of town.

That was always special and fun. She'd snuggle onto my honey's feet as he read. He wouldn't budge until she moved on. Landed on our daughter's cold bowl of Cheerios and settled down looking at my daughter as if to be saying Hi.

Always missed her when I had to take her back home.

Anyway, reading about your little ones warms my heart and brings back such sweet memories.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful weather in the 70's, outside doing some gardening.

Image result for stopping by to say hi imagesImage result for national waffle day images

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  Advice from someone who's been there.  Whether your beloved is using it or not, don't rush yourself.  A particular shirt, a ratty tee, a pair of pants or jeans and heck even shoes can evoke warm memories.

What served me well, aside from living alone and not having to answer to anyone was this - if I get the jitters in my tummy - now is not the time.

I kept my beloved's worn rockport oxfords by the microwave cart in the kitchen for the longest.  I would pick them up, sweep and mop and put them back down.  Even dusted the leather off.  Never went so far as to polish them but get them looking neat.  Eventually a time came when it was okay for me to part with his favorite shoes.

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie  My inlaws had rocks and cacti although I do recall seeing grass on some property.  It's been years since I visited.