Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 23 (Wednesday)

Good Morning, Diagnosis Murder is playing in the background and I'm on my last cup of coffee.

I'm off today so of course I woke up early without the alarm, rofl.

I made a quick trip to the recycling center and was back in time to have my first cup of coffee with Perry Mason.

I think I will head over to Walmart to look for some wood patching/scratch repair products.  I checked the website of the particular brand I want and it appears the local Walmart has both items that I am looking for so off to Wally's World.

Of course, if I wander around the store, I'm sure I'll find something else that I can't live without :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 23 (Wednesday)

Good Morning, and Happy Birthday, Bernie!  Enjoy your day off, and hope you find what you need at Wal-Mart.

It is another hot day here, and it was pretty warm on my walk.  Just to clarify, I don't like walking when it is 90 degrees, twinny.  Your 68 degrees is right in my "ideal" range of walking temperatures.

I have another audiologist appointment today -- need to learn more about maintaining my hearing aids.  They sometimes irritate me -- having something in my ear can bother me, but they certainly help with the TV volume, etc.  

Seriously considering the Q2 special -- I love Stan Herman and his robes.  In fact, the two winter and one summer robes I use all the time are from him.  It would be an easier decision if I were willing to give up one of the "winter" robes or it were a summer robe.  While all three are pretty old, I can't say that I am eager to replace them.  I'm sure that doesn't make much sense.

DH was quite sleepy yesterday, and I am hoping he will be awake and more lively today.  I had some bananas that needed to be used, and I made a banana nut bread for the afternoon/evening caregiver who loves banana bread.  I sure don't envy him dealing with the out of control resident.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Again, Happy Birthday to you, Bernie!

Hugs,

Linda

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!!  It is a beautiful day today after some terrible storms last night...thunder, lightening, power outages, etc.  I am at work trying to catch up on a bunch of unfinished tasks, many of which I was just waiting on one or two bits of info.  I'll be happy when my desk is cleared of the excess.

Bernie, wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays!!!  That store always gets me...I never leave with just what I went in there to get.

LindaL, here's hoping DH is more awake today when you visit.  I'm a banana bread lover, so that sounds delicious to me.

Hope all who are feeling not quite right, have a better day today...it's no fun to be under the weather.

I did receive my Barefoot Dreams TSV which I ordered from the Insider.  It is a keeper, for sure.  It is on the pricey side, but I love their products.  Many were concerned with sizing, but mine fits well, and I ordered my normal size.  I ended up passing on the Halston...had quite the battle with myself, but I knew I had purchased the BD, and didn't want to blow the August budget.  I am curious to hear the reviews.

Well, better get back at it...enjoy the day!!!

Honored Contributor

Have a great day, you deserve it,

Image result for happy birthday cupcake bernie pic

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for the birthday greetings.  Either Guardsmen (the company that makes the wood products I'm looking for) or Walmart are clueless.  I made a b-line for the hardware area, even spoke with a Walmart associate - no Guardsman product - lots of DAP and Minwax though.  I left the store and didn't browse.  

I did get my hair cut though which was sorely needed.  I looked like a shaggy dog and now there is some kind of style on my head now.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bernie!!!  Hope you have a fabulous day!  Hello to Linda, Karen, Meallen, and all who follow.  Not much going on around here, though I am seeing some slow but steady progress as I go through digital photos and old paper work.  

Have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Bernie...may you eat lots of cake and ice cream

🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂😘

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, Happy Birthday!  Eat a piece of cake for me.  I also got my haircut this morning after my walk.  Are you getting our beautiful weather.

I am late posting because I had a busy morning & just got home from my Dr. appointment.  My BP was great, so I don't need to take a replacement RX.  I see my Dr. in 6 more weeks.  My infusion/lab work scheduled for tomorrow was changed to Friday.  There were no empty chairs.  

Supper is chicken from our really good grocery store deli.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread and Happy Birthday, of course. I agree that WalMart can be dangerous with its variety of products that might come in handy.

I've been working and right now, I don't feel the best. I ate something that did not agree with me requiring a few visits to the toilet upon my return home. Yuck.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Sorry Jean :Smiley Sad