Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 20th (Sunday)

Hello there, how is everyone?

I was behind on some of my errands (carried over from yesterday) so I am finally sitting down to see what's going on in the world of the Q Community :-)

Sun is shining, it warmed up enough for me to kick on the A/C.  Got the grocery shopping done and also accepted a couple of items that belonged to my deceased sister, via her eldest daughter earlier today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 20th (Sunday)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Good job on the grocery shopping. I know you will treasure the items from your deceased sister.

I was so tired that I almost didn't check in. I went to the city earlier today and then joined my niece for lunch. Our schedules rarely match so we made the most of the opportunity today.

I came home and forced myself to get in 15 minutes of exercise; hopefully, I can do another 15 later. I know myself well enough to kno wthat if I break a routine, it is so easy not to get back into it

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I was behind on things as well, Glad you got the grocery shopping done and agreed to accept some of your late sister's things.  It is hot here (90's), but not too bad.  It was very nice on my walk this morning.

Church was fine, and I made it to the gym before lunch.  Need to get some steps in, and do a few things around the house before I visit DH.  His DD sent and e-mail saying they are back from their trip to Borneo, and I plan to call her when I'm there.  She is jet-lagged, but hopefully will be able to talk with her Dad and me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Glad you had a chance to visit with your niece, Jean.  I'm sure you will push yourself to get in the other 15 minutes.  You have been doing such a good job at exercising.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Went to the food store and then for bagels. Weather is great today, mid 80's and low humidity.

Image result for tomorrow is monday already images

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--So glad that  you will be able to visit DH and that his DD is back and will be able to talk to both of you.

meallen--Cute graphic to remind many of us what awaits us tomorrow. Good job on the store run. Your weather sounds great.

Linda was right; I gritted my teeth and finished the exercise minutes. It is the getting started that is more of a problem than the actual exercise. Today started the 4th week of the routine.

I discovered the September Insider tucked in some junk mail so I skimmed it.  The featured TSVs didn't call out to me to buy. I think I am getting picky

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I came very close to putting the A/C on yesterday, but then it cooled down.  Enjoy your late sisters newly acquired things.

Jean. I am glad that you had a nice lunch with your niece.  I hard to force myself to  walk after lunch. I am getting to be an early morning walker.   It was getting humid & warmer because we are expecting storms at any time.  We are expecting more than a week of 70's starting on Tuesday.  Ahhh!

Meallen your temps are too hot for me.

Linda L, I am hoping that your DH is having a good day & that you & he can have a visit with his DD.

After church, lunch & my walk I enjoyed a two hour nap.

This will be a grueling week with my classmates funeral tomorrow, my Dr. appointment on Wednesday to see if my Dr. can find a solution to my hives & my infusion/lab work on Thursday.  Thetrre will be a little fun sprinkled in to keep my insanity in check.

I am worried about my mil & our upcoming vacation.  She was so good in July when our ds & ddil were home for a few days.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  re: the Insider, you are not getting picky.  It's a case of slim pickings next month. Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise