Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 15th (Tuesday)

Good Morning/Afternoon all, I'm running from one thing to another at work today so I thought I've give a shout out :-)

It was raining ever so gently this morning during my commute and I was glad.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 15th (Tuesday)

Hello Ladies....Bernie thanks for starting...we had some storms during the night  and now it looks as though another storm is coming in. I spent the morning getting my hair cut,colored etc...these 4 weeks seem to fly by for that.    I hope your running slows down some.

Kathleen what kind of fish was it your DD caught ...what will you do with it..it seemed to be gigantic!    TWinny I hope your swelling has gone down and you are feeling better.

Nothing else from here...have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - Bernie thanks for getting us started today.  Enjoy the light showers.  Good work on going through the shoes to donate some, by the way.  Marijane - send us some rain!  Kathleen - your DD's catch looked great and I love her smile.

Today I need to make a run to the grocery store and this afternoon I am going to a friend's house to visit and catch up on things.  I think I'm going to make BLTs for dinner tonight, I've been craving them for a week, lol.

Waves to all  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama,  they keep saying rain, but so far it is still in the 70's & dry.  I think that we will get rain tomorrow.  I hope that it holds off until after my Dr. visit tomorrow morning.  Then it is out for breakfast.  I have been feeling hungry all week because I will have to step on the scale.  Doesn't bother my DH, but he is 6' tall.  Hope that things settle down at work.

Marijane, the swelling was mostly down by lunch time yesterday.  I took one Zantac & one Claritin per my DR's orders.  Usually I am swollen until bedtime.  Farmer's Almanac calls for snow & cold from MD to ME, but they are usually wrong.

I got up early for my walk.  I am starting to be an early morning gal.  After breakfast, I spent 1/2 hour using goo off to remove some very stubborn stickers on a set of wooden trays that we bought last year.  In my klutziness, I had goo off all over everything because I thought that it was a squeeze bottle & when I tipped the bottle, it was all over the tray, floor & me.  My floors are extra clean, because I steam mopped them yesterday.

I made meatballs & spaghetti sauce for supper.  It is in the crockpot.  I have lots of dishes, but will do them all after I get done making strawberry shortcake.  Last minute prep is cooking the spaghetti & baking some garlic bread.  Our niece & gn are coming at 5:00.  Haven't seen them for a while, so we will be playing catch up.

I called the Honda dealer this morning & he asked me if I had tried starting it again.  Ha.  Ha.  No I was running for the house!  DH started it before lunch & all seems to be fine.  The guy said that it should be fine, but if it continues to go BANG, to call him back.

Hot tub time.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@cerb wrote:

Hello everyone - Bernie thanks for getting us started today.  Enjoy the light showers.  Good work on going through the shoes to donate some, by the way.  Marijane - send us some rain!  Kathleen - your DD's catch looked great and I love her smile.

Today I need to make a run to the grocery store and this afternoon I am going to a friend's house to visit and catch up on things.  I think I'm going to make BLTs for dinner tonight, I've been craving them for a week, lol.

Waves to all  ~  Charlene

Charlene, I did a Qwik Trip run this morning.  My DH needed bananas & they are 28¢ a pound until the end of September.  Have fun catching up with your friend.  BLT's & corn on the cob are supper here tomorrow.  My tomatoes have been very good.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  No rain expected here for a while, but we have had more than normal this summer.  That is good news for us.  

Four weeks seems pretty often to have your hair colored, etc., Marijane.  But, then again, I haven't colored my hair (except for the purple time) for at least 10 years.  Glad that you got that done.  I remember feeling good to have my hair the way I wanted.

Have fun catching up with your friend, Charlene.  I love BLT's. but don't prepare them very often.  I adore bacon, but it isn't exactly a health food.

Nice that your niece and great niece will be visiting tonight, twinny, and good luck at the doctor's tomorrow.  As I remember it, you aren't very tall at all -- quite a contrast with your DH.  Fingers crossed about the moped.  

It wasn't too bad on my walk this morning, but a bit warmer than the lovely temperatures we had yesterday.  The senior lunch program went okay today, and I'll be headed to the gym soon.  Then I will visit DH.  He was doing very well yesterday which really pleases me.  Hope that he is still good today.

Waves to too of our posters and readers and have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!!  LOVESTOTEACH!  I think we were FB friends for a while, but I deleted you when I couldn't remember who you were. I'm weird like that and hope your feelings weren't hurt.  Big hugs!

Twinny, so glad you are feeling better!!

Marijane, DH caught a tuna and DD caught 3 Dorado/Mahi Mahi and some places they call them bull dolphins for whatever reason.  They will vaccum pack it and it will go home with us.

Very worn out today.  Had a lot of activity now back resting at the apt since 6.

Respected Contributor

Charlene, we might all be having BLTs tomorrow.  lol