Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 14th (Monday)

@KonaKat wrote:

meallen--I absolutely love the shoe graphics. I'm with you; I love the shoes Bernie buys and tempts us with but I have to settle for the 'granny sensible' type because of a foot problem.

Linda--I really miss that Citi Knits line; it was so great for travel. Unlike you, I don't have any left. It wore well but I gave mine away when I lost weight. It is great that you had an enjoyable walk with such great eather conditions. I am basically walking for my exercise so it is manageable.

Kathleen--It looks like you and your family are having a great time enjoying the sights and activities in the SD area. It has been over ten years since I've been there but enjoyed it. Will you be making a run "South of the Border?"

Bernie--I am sure that all your shoes and boots will find a  home in the organizers that work best for you. I am thinking I need an organizer as I'm finding shoes I've forgotten since I store them in shoe boxes when not worn except for the very frequently worn ones.

Twinny--I do hope the swelling goes away as a result of the recommendation. You have a hectic time leading up to your getaway but these are all things that can't be skipped.

Jean, Zantac & Claritin had the swelling down by lunch time.  Yes. It is hectic when we take a longer trip, because I usually schedule my infusions around our travel plans.  Then I am an energized bunny.  LOL.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - sounds like several of you have been busy with emergency calls from friends, mopeds scaring you, allergic reactions to meds, getting ready for vacations, etc.  (((hugs))) to each and every one of you.  Hang in there!

Thanks for asking about my DS - He is safe.  I think that the whole experience was quite an eye-opener.  He's never witnessed violence before.  Right before that all happened, he found out that a math paper he and some friends worked on for a year was published by a mathematics journal.  Proud of him for that, I know it was a lot of work.  The sad thing is that I don't understand any of it.  Seriously, the whole thing is beyond me.

Woke up with a allergy sinus condition, which triggered a migraine.  Finally feeling better, but I got nothing accomplished today.  I need to be consistent with the allergy/sinus meds for a while.

Waves to all  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Jean, the only activities we have planned for sure is the USS Midway and the girls and I will go to the zoo.  We are of the "would rather have a lot of time to relax" variety. I know you love your activities.  DH can't walk a whole lot so that is something to keep in mind.  We need to get him back to the orthopedic surgeon when we get home and get a new MRI to see what is going on (hips ache this time). 

DD wanted to go to Sea World so we did that today and really had a wonderful time. My feet ache - got in my 10K steps the first time in a month!  We are back at the house charging phones and will take quick showers before we head to the docks to see what our Great Fisherman (and woman) wrangled.  DH sent me a picture of DD and a huge fish.  I can't wait to hear how they did.

Respected Contributor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Hi ... I'm posting today, Tuesday, on your Monday thread. Something beckoned me!

@RockChick

Yours is a familiar name which I haven't seen in awhile!

I'm reading about boot racks and allergy symptoms and hoping it all works out.

Loving the travel talk because we are finding travel to be more challenging in a number of ways. First of all there is so little space, and secondly, heavy items are getting harder to manage!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~