Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - April 24th, Monday

Hello shopping friends.  I drove to work, picked up my laptop and came back home.  I've been productive this morning and feel better being away from the crowd.  My co-workers appreciate it too, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - April 24th, Monday

We are back in the chilly north country. My sister in lawfied from Alzheimer's a couple of weeks ago so we came back early for the funeral where I sang. I dove with dh. It was a long 2 and a half days in the Prius. Lol.

it is god to be here but we are both freezing with the cool and rainy weather. I miss the sun and heat.😎

Hope me you feel better, Bernie. 

I keep up with all of the posts. (((Hugs))) to all.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sounds like a good idea for you to work from home, Bernie.  Hope you continue to feel better.

You are certainly missing some hot weather here in Arizona, Barbara.  Glad you are spending time with your family, despite the weather and the sad reason for your earlier than planned return.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

My Fitbit went haywire yesterday.  I had noticed that the battery was running down quickly the past few days, but didn't think it was a big issue.  Then the tracking of my walking 250 minutes an hour stopped working on my phone, but not the tracker.  Yesterdays development was the last straw.  I had done 82 active minutes, and then did another 40 or so.  All this showed up on my tracker as 122 active minutes.  Then, I looked at the phone (after syncing it), and it said 82 minutes.  I looked back at the tracker, and it went back to 82 minutes.  I was beginning to wonder if my eyes were deceiving me.  Long story short, I called Fitbit and they said the tracker was under warranty (purchased from Q last July), so they are sending a new one.  I hope this is not an "engineering issue" as DH's friend used to say.  I am totally addicted to the Fitbit which has taken the place of my watch and my pedometer.

DH seemed okay when I visited him the second time yesterday, and his eyelid was not bleeding.  It was a bit red, but okay.  Interesting that you have those eye sensitivity issues, Bernie.  

I have been doing some weeding, etc., and took my walk a bit later than normal.  Need to get ready to visit DH after I post.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. It is a fire in the mountains, and the strong winds and very dry weather are not helping.  Fingers crossed there won't be any damage to homes, etc.

Honored Contributor

Image result for  monday friends images

Trusted Contributor

Good morning friends -

We have a wet week in store here, not just rain either.  They are calling for snow tonight.  Lows will be in the 20s.  I hope we have fabulous yards by the time all of this passes.  Had a beautiful weather weekend, won't see those temps. for about 2 weeks sadly.  Guess we'll have to leave the porch chairs in the garage a few more weeks.

Since this is the best day of the week, a grocery run is in store.  Then lock myself and my CCs up for the week.  I'll be able to get to some cleaning the next few days.  All in all, everything is not a total loss.  Got to look at the bright side.

@Bird mama  Happy to hear you are recouping at home.  It's a much better environment for which to mend.  Having had a productive morning, maybe you can call it earlier in the day.  After all, you are the boss at home.Smiley Wink

@sydsgma1  Sorry for your trip reasons, but a visit with family will be good.  

You aren't the only one having the very chilly days, hope you can stay warm.  Perhaps a cup of hot chocolate is in order.Smiley Happy   Enjoy your stay as much as possible.  The warm weather will be back home waiting for you.

@LindaLatte  I happy to hear that your DH's eye was better, hope it isn't bothering him.

That fitbit incident doesn't sound good, I wonder if it was a fluke.  I sure hope so, it sounds like it helps you a great deal.

Fires and strong winds are not a good combination, I hope you get some help to change that situation.

Have a great day everyone.  Keep those CCs in that hideaway folder.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi  Ladies...we did see the sun yesterday (after a week of rain) and this morning and now the clouds have rolled in and rain expected next two,days....our heat has come back on too....this morning it was only 39 when I got up.....I think we have had more rain this month than sunshine..but no snow like you suwm5 ...hopefully they are wrong.

Good idea to get your work stuff Bernie and bring it home to avoid infecting others.   I hope you are feeling better.

I hope your new Fitbit works.better than your last one Linda.....I have been thinking of getting one but after reading the problem you are having with yours.....which I didn't even understand ....I have second thoughts.   YOu know I am a dunce with all this teck stuff and I would have no idea even how to get it  started ,mevermimd  having a problem with it!

Sorry about your sil Barbara....prayers for her family.

Not much else here went out this morning and picked up a cooked chicken for supper tonight,haven't had one in awhile .

Have a nice vacation Twinny, I hope you have great weather.  

HAve a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sydsgma1 I'm sorry that your sister in law passed away.  ow lovely that you sang at her funeral - I don't know that I could have kept it together.  

I'm so very sorry for the loss to you and your family.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, good idea to get your laptop & work from home.  Hope that you are feeling better real soo.

Sydsgma, sorry to hear about your sil's passing, but so nice that you could sing at her funeral service.  It has been in the 70's here & sunny in S.  WI.  I am loving it because I am not a fan of hot weather.

3suwm5, I wanted a big snowstorm in March because we didn't get much snow.  Didn't get it.  I might be using our CC, for a few motels as we are leaving for vacation tomorrow morning.  We will also be staying at a few State Parks in our SUV  & at a bed & breakfast with a couple from our 55+ b & b club.

Linda L, I am sorry to hear about your fit bit.  I am a tech dummy!  Enjoy you trip to MD next month.  Your DH is in good hands & you need a break.

Marijane. I am a tech dummy too.  A fit bit would make me sad because I know my limits when it comes to walking.  We have been sunny & 70's, but it sounds like a cool down this week.

We got the banking done this morning & the Subaru Is ready to go hopefully at 7:00 tomorrow morning.  DH got the lawn mowed & then push mower acted up & he took it to be fixed while we are gone.  I am glad that the riding mower is o.k.

The hot tub is emptying right now & I need to give it a quick scrub job.

I will post when I can.

Hugs to all of you.