Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (April 1st, Thursday)

Hello all, I awoke to snow covering everything but the sidewalks and street.  That was weird to me.  It's taking awhile to melt the snow because we just hit 32 degrees.

I picked up a Rosetti purse at Meijer's when I went grocery shopping this morning.

Amazing Savings on Rosetti Charlie Convertible Shoulder Bag, Vintage Pink  Blue

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (April 1st, Thursday)

Bernie, that is apretty bag. It is warm here in the valley of the sun..94 today.I am off to,the pool shortly.

I heard that the COVID numbers are bad in Michigan.be careful.

where is Jean???

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama We do not have snow but it is supposed to get down to 28 degrees here tonight in north Mississippi.   The frost will ****** my redbuds, azaleas and iris that have bloomed.Your puse is really cute and pops, I like it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Bird mama We do not have snow but it is supposed to get down to 28 degrees here tonight in north Mississippi.   The frost will ****** my redbuds, azaleas and iris that have bloomed.Your puse is really cute and pops, I like it!

i lived in Columbus MS in 1971....husband was in pilot training at Columbus Air Force Base....first time i left Rhode Island.....and first time eating catfish and hush puppies!  

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's a sunny cool day and I am loving every minute of it.  Cute purse too  We went to a few  stores this morning and I  bought a carpet cleaner from Farm and Fleet.  It's not the one that was advertised, so we might return it if we can find the other one at a different F & F tomorrow.  Then we bought a bunch of things to put in Easter eggs and Easter baskets.  My DH is doing an egg hunt outdoors on Sunday for the dgc and I am hiding their baskets in the house.  It's supposed to be 70° on Sunday, so we are going to have a nice lunch in the garage.

Yesterday, I had a carry out lunch with a couple of my former co workers here in the house.  We were celebrating that we are fully vaccinated & can get together carefully and safely again.  

It's going to be in the upper 60's tomorrow, so we are doing a carry out lunch with my bf in her front yard. Then we are going to her church's Good Friday service in their parking lot.  It's less than a 30 minute drive each way.  

Spring cleaning is still going well, but it's taking longer than it used to.  Lol.  We should be done by next weekend.

We just got back from the gym.  There were only 4 of us again & we are all totally vaccinated.  Our state is not doing well with the pandemic & the mask wearing mandate which is expiring soon has been overturned by the Supreme Court.  Thank goodness a lot of counties in our area are still requiring a mask. We don't go into a store that doesn't require them.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Birdmama--Nice find with the purse. The best find I have at my grocery store is suet cakes.LOL

It was snowing when the dogs woke me today. The grass and plants were covered which surprised me. I thought it would just melt away but nope. It's still snowing and predicted to last thru the evening. It was almost hail when I went to the market. You could see the tiny snowflake balls bouncing off the hood. 

I just picked up what I needed for Easter dinner and a few sale items. I've been able to save a few $ from my monthly totals with that approach so that's always good. I'm lucky I have a storage rack to keep canned goods. 

I think whatever plants that have started to grow will be stunted....again.....this season. I guess the bunny got the last crocus for a snack last night. 

It was a nice surprise to see MaryBeth on this morning. She has a pleasant and professional manner in her presentations. I could go a bit crazy with cameras all over the outdoors but will settle for the one and the dogs. My friend has her entire house tied to Alexa. I don't know if that would work for me but there's a system for everyone now.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Boomemichols, welcome to the boards and I hope that your flowers don't freeze.  My tulips and day lilies are poking out which is a good thing.  

Nananana, welcome to the boards to you too.  I love hush puppies and Catfish.  We have been to MS & had a fun vacation.  As soon as it's safe to travel again, Lord willing, we will be going on a road trip to Louisiana.  It's the only state that we haven't been to.  

Honored Contributor

My backyard at sunrise and it's finally melted.

IMG_20210401_080139756_HDR (300x400).jpg

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1  the numbers are most certainly going in the wrong direction here in Michigan.  Jean has been under the weather with what I thought I read was TMJ.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Nice purse, Bernie.  We are going in the opposite direction as far as the weather goes -- today was our first 90 degree day this year.  Very dry and they have warned as a possible "red flag day" due to the winds and possibility of fire.  

Hi Barbara.  I had a text from Jean this morning.  She seems to be doing pretty well, but has lost quite a bit of weight (10 pounds since March 11th) due to her lack of appetite.  I think she is getting her cortisone shot next week.

No pool for me since I haven't had my second vaccine shot.  Hope you enjoy it.

Hi to our new posters.  This is a friendly group of ladies and a "no bash" thread.

Glad you are able to socialize a bit now, Glenda.  Also glad you are able to use the gym.  There are stores/places in the area that don't require masks, and I will not be going there even after I'm vaccinated.  Why take the chance.

There are a lot of options as far as those cameras go, Fressa.  So far, I don't have one, but I have been considering it.  Do hope your plants aren't stunted by the cold weather.  I enjoy Mary Beth, and actually met her at one of the 50/50 shows.  She is a nice lady.

The road crews have not done my street yet, but they are very busy one street over.  One of my hospice patients lives nearby, and he said it took two days for their road to be finished.  It looks wonderful.  I'm still surprised that we are having our roads repaired since years ago we were told that it would not happen in our lifetime.  And, the roads were in very bad shape.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda