Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - April 17th, Tuesday

Good Morning all,

I awoke to snow on the grass.  Sigh.  Today is my sister's birthday.  She and I spent some time together over the weekend.

There isn't much on my agenda today, given the wintry weather.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - April 17th, Tuesday

Hello Ladies....ugh Bernie to the snow....it's bright and sunny here but cold..we had a terrible day here yesterday with all the rain....but at least not snow!  Will it ever get springlike and warm?   Happy Birthday to your sister,hope she has a nice day.

Not much going on here....our checks are in the mail,as the saying goes,taxes have been electronically sent by our accountant up in Maine so all's right in my world....till July that is as we send checks every three months to the Feds and state and our property taxes are due every three months too!  Never ends....just like housework!

I will be going out to the store figuring out what to have for supper.......tomorrow morning hair apt...these 4 weeks pass by so fast.    So exciting as Susan says!

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Yuck to snow in April (in my book).  It should be cooler here today (highs in the 70's), dry, and windy.  I could not believe it when I first moved here and realized that the humidity was in single digits part of the year.  Despite my efforts (taking supplements and using moisturizer creams), my fingernails are breaking right and left.  I do prefer dry weather to lots of humidity, but.....  Happy Birthday to your sister.

Your weather was pretty wild yesterday, Marijane (saw it on FB).  I got the "checks in the mail" yesterday afternoon, and the tax preparer filed the forms electronically then.  We need to pay quarterly taxes (Federal), but not the other taxes you must pay.  Not fun.  I decided to increase the amount of State withholding from our pensions.  Hopefully, that will help with next year's taxes.

I have my volunteer "job" at the senior lunch program today, and I plan to go to the gym and visit DH later.  He was in pretty good shape yesterday, at least during lunch.  Before lunch, he was in bed (very sleepy), and his eyes started closing after lunch.  He ate pretty well, thank goodness.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Good luck with the weather in MN, Barbara.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Happy Birthday to your sister.

Marijane--Happy Tax Day. Yes, e-filing can be a blessing. Our weather is somewhat similar.

Linda--I've paid estimated taxes to the Feds but this year I will be paying them to the State also. The money comes in and then it goes out. With the school year almost over, I'm not working as much as I did last year but they didn't take out enough last year.

Two days ago it was 89 degrees for a record high; today, it was in the 30s with snow in the morning. The flooding has receded so we had school today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.