Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a TIme - August 30th, Thursday

Good Morning, Ladies!  I am pretty sure Jean has a doctor's appointment this morning to set up another test.  Hope that she manages to have some fun despite this less than fun chore.

It was very cloudy this morning when I got up and took my walk, but the sun is peaking out now. They aren't predicting any rain, but it sure looked like it this morning.  All the clouds made my walk more enjoyable since the bright sun can really get you this time of the year.  But, I still prefer sun to rain most of the time.  A neighbor and I were discussing this in the gym.  He was widowed more than three years ago, but he has decided to stay in this area rather than move back to California or other places he has lived.  

Yesterday I renewed my membership in OLLI, and I think class registration starts next week with classes starting at the end of September.  Hope that I find classes that I will enjoy, and I'm pretty sure that I will.  I think I mentioned that I had signed up for a Babbel course in Spanish, but my subscription ran out last week.  I was not doing the lessons for a while since I was so involved with DH, etc., and I decided that I would take a break and consider re-joining at a later date.  I do want to keep my mind active, but languages are so difficult for me.  DH was fluent in four languages, and he really had a gift.

The screen door I ordered should be delivered today, and the handyman should be putting it up tomorrow or Saturday.  That has been an incredibly difficult project, and I really hope it is done soon.  I also have the appointment with an estate attorney today.  I have a list of questions, and I hope we can at least get some things started.  I'm sure it will take time, but......

No TSV for me for sure.  There is very little carpet in my house, and I have no place to store another cleaner.  The TSV "Christmas" lights on the 25th are still "in process".  That seems to be a ridiculous delay, but.....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a TIme - August 30th, Thursday

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting g Linda.  it's another hot humid  day here...I just came in from watering my plants in pots....I should have done it yesterday but I thought the weather guys said we were to have rain today.  I usually wait till evening to water them but some were droopy badly so they needed the water.  I came in soaking wet,not from the hose,but thr humidity .      

i had ordered those lights too Linda...a set in each color except the  plain red and blue....I use them year round ,tney have shipped but have been in California since Monday. I probably won't get them till Tuesday because of the holiday Monday.   Not much else..salmon for supper,sent DH out to get some.  I think we should be starting to cool off starting tomorrow.  the kids here started school today...summer went fast.      

have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you didn't get your needed rain, Marijane.  I just received an e-mail saying that my lights order will be delayed 3-5 days from the predicted time, so I guess it will not be until the week after next.  Wondering if I should try to cancel, but probably not since I do like the lights.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, we never got rain however the temps dropped and there is a breeze so I am happy to have fresh air blowing through the house.

Other than that - not much going on here.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hello everyone! 

Woke up early this morning, didn't feel good, still dont feel good. I think it might have to do with the Doctors cutting back on one of my medications that I have been taking for 12 years.I hope its just a temporary thing.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and hope your afternoon/evening is a terrific one!  

FeliciaHeart

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18