Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day at A Time (Wednesday, Feb. 7th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  

This is a terrible weather day, about 4 o'clock it started snowing and turned to rain and now the roads are just terrible.  I did get the dog out for her walk ( a very short one) before the rain turned the street to ice.

Not much going on today, since it is so yucky out I guess I will do some cleaning.  I have started a donation pile for a group in a town near us.  They are having a yard sale to support their cause this spring.  Guess it would be nice if I told what the group was.  They do catch, neuter or spay and release feral cats.  Hopefully someday this will decrease the population.  We have a problem around our area with people moving and just leaving their cats.  I know there is a special place for those type of people who abandon their animals.  Okay off my soapbox.

I was going to say "No TSV for me this morning", but I don't even know what it is.  Guess I really don't need it.  

Hope everyone is having a good morning.   Linda - hope you are enjoying your weather, I am so envious of you.  Also, hope DH is doing well today.

Off to do something constructive.  Have a good morning everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day at A Time (Wednesday, Feb. 7th)

Hi ladies,

Be careful if you have to go out today! Freezing rain in New Jersey,

http://cache.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/289064-Wednesday-Enjoy-Your-Day-.jpg

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, thanks for starting Susan....it just starting snowing here about an hour ago....they are saying changing to rain then ice too...I guess that!s why schools are closed here today.  

I had an alert that one of the bridges,Tappan Zee has closed in both directions due to many accidents...heading into / out of Westchester county,ny to Ct...in all the years I have lived here I have never heard that...it's a new bridge too to replace the older one.   I guess the groundhog is nice and warm sleeping in his den thinking I'm right again!

I'm not sure what the s/v is today either, I always get an email about it but usually just pass on by it.

Not much else ..guess I should do something around here.....I have enough to keep me busy for awhile.         Everyone having bad weather stay safe........Marijane.

Honored Contributor

It's snowing like crazy here in Southern NY., it's supposed to stop around 4:00 PM. Everything is closed. I'm in for the day, at least till clean up begins.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Sounds like you and many others are dealing with horrible weather.  I have not talked to DD yet, but I saw that many schools are closed in her area.  The college is supposed to be opening at 5:00 p.m.  That seems weird to me, but I know they have many students who go to class after work.

Our weather is certainly nice.  Should reach the upper 70's and sunny today.  I know many of you would have problems with our extremely hot, dry summers, but this time of the year having higher than normal temperatures is great.

Hope you find many things for your donation pile.  That sounds like a very good cause.  There was an article in our local paper about the county animal shelter (covers the next town up) that just received something like 70 cats from a hording situation.  The lady kept these cats in a small condo, and when the inspectors came, she had just been evicted.  Taking care of so many cats is quite a job.  Hope that many are adoptable.

The TSV is a cookware set, and I am not buying for sure.

Waves to meallen, Marijane, indoor kitty, and all of our posters and readers.  Please stay safe.

DH was doing okay yesterday -- very sleepy, but he did open his eyes for dinner.  And, he ate well.  I tried tea idea plus using baby shampoo (suggested by Barbara) on his eyelids, and that seemed to help a bit.  I'll be visiting him this morning, and I hope he is more awake.

I received a new debit card from my bank yesterday, and discovered that I had misplaced two of my important cards (Master Card and COSTCO) when I went to put it away.  I spent lots of time looking for the cards, and found they had fallen into one of my dresser drawers. All this prompted me to re-organize the top drawer of my dresser.  I should have done this a long time ago.  Better late than ever, I guess.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I did see the TSV presented. The weather is ridiculous; so hard to plan unless the plan is to stay inside.

I worked today after we had a 3 hour delay to permit the icy roads to clear up. It was one of my best sub days. Very few students absent despite the nasty weather. I also work the rest of the week.

Before going to work, I took advantage of the delay to go to the Sheriff's Office to pay the second half of my year's taxes on the real estate and car. I got my mail, which included a notice from the State Retirement Board. Thanks to the rising costs of health insurance, my net "pay" is now less than last year. This retirement is fixed for the gross, so there is no increase because of inflation but the net sure can decrease.

The Denim & Co. capris I ordered during the pre-fashion things have now shipped.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

We had just enough snow this morning to made the commute a problem, lol.  I forced myself to go onsite because today was the day we were treating one of the analysts on the team to lunch - she was promoted to the team lead.  Once I texted everyone and made sure we were all showing up, I made the 90 minute drive in.  It was worth it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise