Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day at A Time (Friday, Feb. 9th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I hope everyone is staying safe, and the storms don't cause any issues for you.  Also hope Karen and any others suffering from flu, colds, etc. feel better.

I am back from my strong bones class where I used slightly heavier hand weights (we use leg and hand weights).  My shoulders are not happy, but at least I made it through the class.  

DH was better yesterday -- awake most of the time, and he did a bunch of smiling.  The hospice nurse said she will ask the doctor if he can move up to soft foods (rather than pureed.)  I'm all for that change.  

The TSV is shouting my name, but so far I have resisted.  I already have two Kipling bags that I love, and another one would be a "want" for sure. Still may end up buying it, but I would feel pretty guilty.  I used to have one bag for most of the year (black leather) and a different one for summer.  Now, I have quite a few bags..

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I  am glad that your DH was smiling yesterday....

Linda L, I  am glad that your DH was smiling yesterday.  No TSV as I have several bags & I love the crossover D & B bag my dd & family gave to me for Christmas.

Mother Nature finally delivered the goods.  We got 4" of snow on Sunday, 2" on Wednesday & 6" last night.  The Snow mobile trails are open for the first time this year.  Tourism has been hurting in many different ways.

I have had company all week, but it has been fun.  My bf's dh finished his last speech therapy treatment yesterday, so we all celebrated at our local Chinese Buffet.

I have been helping her do a little shopping each day & it has worked out well.  My DH entertains here DH.

Susan, sorry about your fur baby & I hope that Karen, you will be feeling better real soon.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday.  It is hot tub time because we didn't go in yesterday.

My DH & I are going to our church's Valentine Dinner tomorrow night at a restaurant in my bf's hometown.  Card's first.

I am having a lazy day today.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Linda L, I am glad that your DH was smiling yesterday....

Hi everybody,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/254958-Im-Giving-Out-Friday-Hugs-Happy-Weekend-Dear-Friend.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day at A Time (Friday, Feb. 9th)

Meallen, cute graphic.

I am having my bathroom remodeled.  I have picked out a new sink & cabinet & a higher toilet.  Our contractor has been twice & will order me a medicine cabinet that I forgot about.  The plumber will be here any day to look the situation over.  After the cabinet, trim & medicine cabinet have been removed I will repaint it.  I picked out the vinyl yesterday so it is going well so far.  Our contractor has retired, so his son is taking over.

Our home was built 23 years ago & I am making my life easier.  I am keeping the tub/shower surround because it is still nice & I don't want any damage done to the walls trying to remove & put in a new one.  The contractor also said that the new ones aren't shaped like the original one.  

That's my excitement for several weeks. A good wintertime project before we goi to KY/TN in April & May.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I am so happy to hear that DH is smiling more as well as the possibility that he might be able to move up to soft foods. You have me interested in what the TSV might be as I haven't seen it.

Twinny--I am so glad that you have finally got the snow you have been wanting. Enjoy your Valentine's Day dinner. Your bathroom remodeling sounds nice.

mealllen--Thank you for the cute and appropriate graphic.

I worked today, and it was a very good day. Tomorrow I go to the city to get my hair cut and pick up some groceries. I'm watching the Cottage Farms show, and see that they showed the mini-peppers I bought last year. They were great! Now to see the TSV on the home page.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I get so excited when I read that your husband has had a good day.  It makes no sense, I know, just makes me happy @LindaLatte

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70  Worked remotely today.  We got alot of snow and it's still coming down.  I finally went out and shoveled around 3:30 - I'd say 5 or 6 inches.  It's positively beautiful outside - not a wet snow, just enough moisture to cling to the pines and tree branches :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@twinny70  Worked remotely today.  We got alot of snow and it's still coming down.  I finally went out and shoveled around 3:30 - I'd say 5 or 6 inches.  It's positively beautiful outside - not a wet snow, just enough moisture to cling to the pines and tree branches :-)

Yes, it is beautiful here too.  We got about 6" of snow & it was an easy job for both of us.  I used the snow blower because I don't like to lift too much.  We got more snow this week than we got all year.  Although I don't ride on a snowmobile, they are very popular because we have 100 miles of trails.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--With the snow you are having, telecommuting or whatever it is called is a good idea. I know the snow is beautiful but please keep it your way. We are expecting rain rain and more rain in many areas so flood warnings have been issued for late Saturday into Sunday.

I see from the order status that the Denim & Co. capris ordered during the pre-Spring fashion event are at the Post Office. I guess I should have gone to get the mail after work.

I did check out the TSV and saw the presentation. It was a fast pass for me; I liked the last Kiplling TSV much better, but I passed on it also. I have too many handbags.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.