Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day and a Time - Monday, October 19th

Hello fellow shoppers :-)

It was a bit nippy this morning so I broke out the cords (yeah!).  Sun is shining and the leaves are turning colors.  My walnut tree is shedding it's little leaves, but the mulberry and silver maple seem to be hanging on to theirs.  It got dry here after July so I don't know how vibrant the colors will be on trees.  I'm seeing some fall to the ground still green with brown edges.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day and a Time - Monday, October 19th

Good afternoon, I have been having so much trouble signing in ...I just gave up for a few days and did not try! 

It is cold here, but warming up for the rest of the week.

Not too much going on, my DIl's gradmother died suddenly so I kept the dog for them this weekend.  She lived about an hour form here and they had to pick up her brother form the airport, he is in the army and stationed at Fort Hood, TX..So the best thig I could do to help was take care of the dog.  I did go to the visitation.

Went to church and out to breakfast afterwards that was about it.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone. Thanks for starting us off today birdmama. It was chilly here also this morning, but has warmed up to 70 already and climbing. Our leaves aren't very colorful either, most are just turning brown and dropping. I know you love wearing your cords, bird, so enjoy.

fbm8282lsm, several people have been commenting about having trouble signing in, so far that is one problem I have not had, just the never ending hopping on this site. So sorry about the passing of DIL's grandmother. Very nice of you to keep the dog.

Not too much happening here today, I think I am on strike, lol, and am not doing much, although there is plenty I could be doing. Way to windy to rake any of the leaves today, thank goodness as I am not up to that today, but always other things I could/should be doing.

Hope everyone has a good day. Waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  I have not been able to sign in consistantly for a couple months now. If kind of steals the joy out of posting.  But I do miss everyone.  LInda, I think of you often and hope that things work out with DH and the "club" (love that term was it Bernie that came up with it).  Talked to my best friend this monrning for a couple hours.  Her husband has a degenerative disease and longevity is not very good.  They just sold their 3rd floor condo - lots of changes coming. 

We had a great weekend at home.  I wasn't sad to come back here but still looking for a good job that would put us back in our house.  Getting the place ready for my Missionary friends to stay for a month during their visit.

Had a jillion things to say but they all escaped me.  Hugs to all!

Respected Contributor

Twinny, so glad you had such a good time at the party!!  And that Mom liked it too.

Bernie, I ended up shopping without a list this weekend too!  And it turned out ok, but I wasn't very happy about it!  lol

So sorry for the snow already and cold temps that some are getting.  I can't wait for some cooler weather, still very hot here during the day but I'm so happy to have some cooler air at night and in the morning!  Squeeeeeeeeeee!  Our winter is like our Upstate NY summer.

Esteemed Contributor

BIRD MAMA, We had our first hard freeze on Friday night & another one on Saturday night.  It is in the 70's today & the same for tomorrow.  I hung two large loads of laundry out this morning, made breakfast & took my walk.  Watched TPIR & then made lunch before enjoying the hot tub.  We will go to mom's care facility soon to take her home so that she can find  the financial papers concerning her Senior Care drug program.  I think that she has some bills to pay, so I will help her with that.  JEAN, I hope that you have a good week at school.  FHG,  In answer to your question about my sister helping me out, she has done nothing for 14 years & now her excuse is that her husband is sick from the radiation that he has been receiving for leukemia.   She has not seen my niece's DS & he is almost 10 (her DGS) or my niece's DD & she is 14 since she was 2 y/o & they only live 20 minutes away from each other.  SNICKS, It sounds like your DGD is on a wonderful path.  We had a lot of fun with our 3 DGC at mom's party.  The oldest one is 4" taller than I am but I am only 5' 1/2" tall.  He is a wonderful role model for his younger brother & sister.  MARIJANE, I heard on the radio today that NY got quite a snow storm over the weekend.  LINDA R, I hope that the fires are contained & people can return to their homes.  LINDA L,  Hoping for a better today for you too.   I am going to take it easy this weekif I can.  No cleaning or decluttering.  Just getting mom's mail each day & visiting her on a daily basis.  DH wants to go to the Lodge for our senior $1.00 lunch tomorrow 22 miles away.   That will work nicely in my schedule.  I do have an appt. with my neurologist on Thurs. afternoon at the UW-Clinic.  Hopefully that will be my most hectic day as I want to nap most days.  Yesterday I was very tired so I did get a 2 hour nap in the afternoon & went to bed early last night.  Hugs to all of you.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....happy everyone including your Mom had a nice time Twinny.  maybe up north in NYS had gotten snow...none in this area of Ct...close to NYC.We were 27 degrees this morning and all my plants and flowes got zapped...oh well it had to happen sometime.

I kmow what you mean about getting on yo these boards Kathleen and Rosa..wonder why that's happening?  Sorry about your DIL grandma Rosa.

Jean I had never heard of cuddle duds either until I saw them here a few weeks ago...

Kathleen glad you had a nice weekend at the country.

Hope you received the report LindaL on DH's X-ray .

Not much else....making beef stew for supper....time to put the veggies in.  Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Valued Contributor

II forgot to add that we had our first heavy frost.  I am hoping that this will stop the grass from growing  and I can stop paying to have it mowed!

Esteemed Contributor

SNICKS, Our leaves are dropping little by little, but are very pretty.  I am also mostly on strtike this week.  ROSA, I am sorry to hear about your DIL's grandmother.  Nice of you to keep the dog though.    RC, I am so glad that the hot weather is out of here.  I love these fall temps & would even rather have snow than the rain that they say we may have this winter because of warmer weather in our area. MARIJANE, We had our first good frost on Friday night.  DH covered up my tomato plants, so we will still get some I hope.  We went to get mom & take her back to her house so tht she could fill out the fill for her senior care drug prescription plan.  She had stuff in 3 different places on her kitchen table.  It was a job to get it all gone through & bills paid.   We have been getting her mail each day & paying whatever comes, but these were from before she went to the hospital.  It is a good thing that she has auto pay from her checking account on almost everything.  I was going to do some chicken in the oven, but it is too late for that, so DH will be grilling dinner tonight.

Trusted Contributor

Ahh...still quite warm here, though it's been a bit overcast.  Still have beautiful bougainvillea and lantana blooming.  One of these days we should get some of the infamous Santa Ana winds - hot and dry, but haven't had them yet.  

Had migraines over the weekend.  Better today.  I did some chores, worked on my Bible study and did some sewing on my pioneer costume for Halloween.  Just a quiet normal Monday.  And I didn't purchase a thing.

Smiley Happy   ~ Charlene