Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day a Time (Saturday, September 7th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot day here with temperatures in the upper 90's expected.  I am looking forward to the predicted cooler weather the next few days.  One forecast predicted highs in the 80's one day next week -- that would be quite a change.  And, we may get some much needed rain as well.  It was okay on my walk this morning, but a little uncomfortable.

Yesterday wasn't a good technology day for me -- first my "dongle" -- bluetooth for phone/hearing aids still didn't work despite my efforts.  My audiologist gave me the number for the company with hopes that they can help me get it going again.  I will try that on Monday.  If it doesn't work, I will see her Wednesday morning.

Then, my Fitbit app on my phone didn't work for a few hours.  Eventually, I got that going, thank goodness.

Not sure if I mentioned it yesterday, but I set up my drive to and from the Phoenix airport hotel yesterday -- door-to-door. It is very expensive, but I appreciate the service plus the owner (local guy) called and was very reassuring.  He convinced me to book a hotel near the Phoenix airport for when I return from my trip (late on a Sunday night), so now I have the hotels and ride taken care of.  Whew!  

Given the three hour time difference plus my early morning walk, I did not see much of AM Style.  But, I did see part of a presentation of the TSV -- they are certainly cute boots, but I will not be ordering them.  Hope you like them when they come, Jean.  Also hope you like your medical alert and your hair cut and color.

Hope you have a good trip, twinny.  Can't remember if you have left yet or not.

Just planning my regular Saturday chores -- laundry and financial review plus my later than usual hospice visit.

Have a nice day everyone, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day a Time (Saturday, September 7th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I'm sorry that you had techonology issues yesterday.  Does the hearing aid dongle allow you to take a call hands-free? 

It's good that you have the pre and post trip hotel and transport arrangements finalized.  Two less things to worry about Woman Happy

I hope that your hospice visit later this afternoon goes well.  I'm sure that your patient's son appreciates being able to take in a game.

I kind of watched AM Style today.  Woman Wink

Last night I'd swear I heard the weather guy say there was a chance of rain this afternoon.  Right now I'm looking at partly cloudy skies and the sun is shining. 

Since it's cooler and breezy and since it's been nearly 2 weeks, I figured today was as good as any to cut the grass.  I already did the front yard and am about to go out and do the back.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Bernie.  The dongle works like my old bluetooth did in the past.  Or at least it should work like that once it is back in action.   

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry you are having technology issues with your hearing aids but it is good that you have all your travel arrangements made.

Bernie--Despite the weather forecast, when you eyeball it and it looks liike a good time to cut the grass, then have at it!! I did watch part of AM Style.

I went to the city today to get my hair cut, colored and highlighted. I got Midnight a new pet bed. So far he has sniffed at it and then walked off. My Clarks TSV are in the parcel locker at the Post Office but I didn't have my key with me so they are still there. I am in no hurry as I am tired.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L it sounds like you made a great choice in getting motels set up for your trip & a reliable ride.   I hope that you have a great time & good weather. I am not tech savvy so things going wrong drive me nuts.

Bird Mama, it's supposed to rain tomorrow so my DH mowed the lawn before lunch.

Jean, it sounds like you had a fun day in the city.  Hopefully Midnight will like his new bed.

Yesterday we went to a store called The Bargain Spot.  We haven't been there for a long time, but it's near our new pharmacy.  Much to my surprise, they had Dennis Basso, Susan Graver & IM coats & jackets for $29.99-$49.99.  I really liked the DB ivory lynx faux fur coat.   It fit perfect & was $49.99.  Then we went to get groceries & had supper out.     When we got back home I looked it up on QVC & the price was $143.18  plus shpg.  

This morning I went back & the same coat was on the hanger for $49.99 & a differen't one was in a box marked $5.00 because of a broken zipper, stain & in my case, the hood was missing.  I really liked the hood, but it's got a very nice collar and it's reversible.  It's still got the new DB tags on it.   I almost ordered this same ivory lynx faux fur coat last year.  A-345025.  Now I can't wait to wear it.

I asked the clerk how long they had been there & she said that she had hurt herself and this was her first day back in two weeks.  She told me that she hadn't heard of DB, SG or IM.  When I said who they were, she found one just like mine in a bigger size & my DH told me that she put it in the back room.

We are going to leave on Monday morning for OK & NM for hopefully two weeks.  This is very new territory for us & we look forward to seeing a few national parks.  We only go through a little bit of OK, but will have a meal there.

I just got done steam mopping the floors so we will have a clean house when we get back home.

I walked this morning and it was very nice.  Now I need to think about what clothes to take on vacation. I think that it's going to be hot in OK, but hopefully more to our liking in NM.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Enjoy your trip and also your DB bargain! Lucky you!!  The trip sounds like a great one!! Enjoy!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I think you got the bargain of the year, twinny.  Wear it in good health.  Fingers crossed that your trip goes well, and you don't have any health scares this year. I haven't spent much time in OK, but I really like New Mexico -- it was a top two finalist for when DH & I were deciding where to move in the Southwest.  For a variety of reasons, AZ won out, but ......  I think it may be cooler there than here, and there is a big variation between different parts of New Mexico (true of Arizona as well.)  Curious about which areas you will be visiting.  We were thinking of moving to Las Cruces (very south), but there are so many nice places like White Sands, Santa Fe, Taos, etc.

Glad you got your hair done, Jean, and I hope you are taking it easy.

Much to my disappointment, my hospice visit scheduled for today has been canceled.  Her son's plans changed (he isn't going to the football game after all) and she is not feeling well and is back in bed.

I know that this gives me more time to get things done here, but I'm pretty sad about it.  Oh well.....

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we are planning to stay in Las Cruces next Thursday night at a B & B.  We are planning to go to White Sands Nat'l Park.  We are also planning to go to a few other National Parks if they don't have a lot of walking for me.