Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day a Time (Fri., Sept 6th)

Good Morning Woman Happy  We had another cool night (50's).  You know my furnace was readay, lol.

I received the candle impressions stacked damask pumpkin set yesterday.

It's the apricot colorway, shown in this photo in front of the young lady with the dotted dress.  She's a host I'm sure, I just don't know her name.

Image result for candle impressions stacked damask pumpkins

I tested the timer yesterday, so far so good.  The entire stack of pumpkins lights up and I know that matters to many CI fans.

The set is prettiest when the illumination is off. 

I got my haircut yesterday.  I had a $5 off coupon that would have expired today and the more I save on the cut, the more my stylist gets in a tip.

I'm thinking about doing the grocery shopping today. Some days I get so tired of thinking about what's for dinner Woman Very Happy

How are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day a Time (Fri., Sept 6th)

Jean @KonaKat   I saw your response to my question about monitoring a blood clot.

The comment that you received from the nurse about the clot not being a cardiology issue is just the type of comment that makes me want to lose my religion.  If only the human body was that simple.

That's why we have words like cardio-pulmonary and cardio-vascular.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I really like the CI stacked pumpkin set you got.

I was up at 4:30 as I awakened and couldn't go back to sleep. Right now, I'm watching Women with Control. I like the printed slim legh ankle pants, but have no need for them. I think I have had one pair from her line, and that has been a few years ago.

In reference to the comment by the nurse, this was a nurse who was not specialized in cardiology but a general duty or "jack of all trades" nurse who I know locally.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I like your new candles -- very pretty for Fall.  It was certainly cool there last night.  It wasn't too bad here, but the AC was needed. I think it should reach the upper 90's today, but be cooler starting tomorrow.  I was happy that it wasn't too hot on my walk this morning -- helped by some clouds.  I am one who prefers hot and sunny, but sometimes clouds are a blessing. 

Glad you got your hair cut -- I do the same thing when I get a discount on the haircut -- tip more.  

Sorry you didn't sleep later this morning, Jean, but I can certainly relate.  Fortunately, I slept pretty well last night, and only woke up a little early (after 5:00 a.m.)  Hope all goes well with dissolving the clot, and getting you back to normal.  

This morning I walked by a couple of yard sales, and decided to check things out.  Nothing even sparked a tiny bit of interest, and I realized that a lot of us  keep things that are just clutter.  That includes me of course.  I managed to talk myself out of any purchases yesterday, and I even found a top that I will probably donate.  Very nice Bob Mackie top with a few tasteful sequins that I have had for years.  It is in good shape, but I have just grown tired of it.  I know it should not be so difficult to part with things.

My Caregiver activities yesterday went well, but certainly provided some food for thought.  A couple of new ladies were having such a difficult time.  Sometimes it is very hard to know what to do when your loved one has many needs, including mental health issues/diseases.  

I also made it to the gym late in the day, and I was pretty pleased with my progress -- I need to refer to the "cheat sheet" provided by the fitness trainer, but I think I had the proper techniques. 

Unfortunately, the "dongle" that acts like a "bluetooth" for my phone and hearing aids is not working at all.  I have a call in with the audiologist to set up another appointment.

Nothing planned today but grocery shopping -- mostly for produce.  I love all the fresh fruit available this time of the year.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I don't think I went to bed all that early last night and when I awoke around 5:30 I said, nope not doing that today.  I pulled a blanket over my head and fell back asleep for about another hour.  

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  it's such a blessing that you participate in your caregiver's activities.  Sooner or later we become a caregiver for the first time and it can be so overwhelming. 

There is a comfort in gathering with others who have walked the path even if they don't have the answer for a particular concern/issue.  

Honored Contributor

I ended up visiting my local pet supplies plus this morning before doing the grocery shopping.  I knew I was going to need to stock up on pigeon/dove food and when pet supplies plus sent me an email with 25% off my total order this morning I quickly made a trip over there.  The particular pigeon/dove food that I buy is $12 per 6lb bag so I saved $3 per bag - not too shabby.

Esteemed Contributor

I received my cellular based medical alert system today, charged it and ran the necessary tests. All went well.

Tomorrow a friend and I are going to the city. I need to get my hair cut, colored and highlighted. I had made the appointment a month ago so I want to keep it and have a few hours out.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.