Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Wednesday, Nov. 9th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  Well the election is finally over.   I really hated this one, I get tired of all the hate talk back and forth.    Okay that is all I am saying about the election.

How is everyones morning going, it is a dreary day here, rained last night and very dull today.  Don't get me wrong, we needed the rain, but now the sun is allowed to shine.

Jean - Hope your vacation is going well.

Bernie - Hope you enjoyed your time off.  How are your birds doing??

I can't remember what everyone wrote yesterday, if it was a difficult day - I hope it got better.

Need to go to the post office to return an item, and go to my mom's to do a couple things. 

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Wednesday, Nov. 9th)

Hi everyone,

Image result for what a great day pics

Honored Contributor

Good morning all, hope your day is going well.

Thanks @PAlady for the start.

Very chilly here today, but we do have sun!

I too am just glad it's over. I gave up and went to bed at midnight.

If it warms up a little, I want to get outside to get some things done. Until then, there is the ongoing housework to do. Ugh! Lol

@meallen616, yes, let's make it a great day. No reference to yesterday's results intended.

Not much else going on, just the usual.

Waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, yes yesterday was a difficult day.  It Is sunny & will be 60's again today.  We are expecting our first frost on Friday night. It will tie the latest frost date.  

SNICK's,  baking goodies with your dgd sounds like a winner.

DH & I did enjoy a wine cooler at midnight to celebrate the end of the campaign nastiness.  DH enough said.

We are heading out around noon time to hear our polka band & lunch.  I need a good time right now.

Tomorrow I have my appointment in the "big city" with my neurologist.  I am hoping to be able to stay on the 6-8 week infusion plan.  I also start my Colonoscopy 5 day prep diet.  I already dread drinking that nasty stuff.  I did it 10 years ago & survived.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- yes, another busy day in store for me.  I'm about to hit the coffee,etc. and roll out of here as soon as I can.  It's a beautiful day here, not a cloud in the sky.  Smiles from above.

Hope everyone has caught up on sleep, it sounds like most stayed up late.  I'm just having trouble sleeping with the time change yet, I haven't been able to get that straight in my noodle.

Have a great day all, I know I will indeed.  Try to keep those CCs on lock down.  I hope to as much as possible, shopping for weekend visitors.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Susan.  It is warm and sunny here, but pretty windy.  So far, the rock I put in my recycle bin is doing the job.  But, there are lots of things flying around.  I'll need to do a bunch of sweeping when the wind dies down.   I need to go to the Post Office as well -- need to mail some papers to get POA on another of DH's account.  

Nice graphic meallen.

Hi snicks -- glad you have some sun, and hope you accomplish all your errands.

Good for you with the hot tub, twinny.  I was up well after midnight, just could not sleep well.  Yesterday was a very difficult day for me.  Have fun with your DH today.  I think a polka band and lunch would suit me as well.  Good luck with the neurologist tomorrow.  As you may remember, I had my colonoscopy in August, and the prep was awful.  Interestingly enough, I did not need to change my diet several days in advance, but I had two full days of no solid food.  Yikes!  

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, Bernie, Essie, Barbara, Marijane, 3suwm5, butterfly, Charlene, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I took my "longer" (90 minute) walk this morning, and I'll visit DH later to feed him lunch.  This afternoon, I have my foreign policy class.  When I was at the gym yesterday, the personal trainer I used was giving a tour to new members, and she and the group went by the elliptical machine I was on.  Everyone was talking about how good I looked, and how I was really an "expert" on the machine.  I felt a bit funny about it, but I guess it is good.  DH was okay, but he did choke (just on water) at dinner.  That gave me a scare, but he was fine when I left.

The other news is that javelina (sort of look like wild pigs, but not) are starting to hang out around DH's facility.  They can be quite aggressive, especially when they have young.  The caregivers warned me to be careful when I leave in the evening.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Morning All, Thanx @PAlady, for the start.

I too stayed up late, so getting started today is not working too well, but the sun is shining & the temp will be 50ish, so not bad for November.

Will try to stop by later when I'm more awake

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I don't want to talk about the election, rofl.

I enjoyed my days off of work and feel like I got things done that needed to be done.  Of course, leaves will be part of my weekly chores through the end of the month.  My mulberry tree hasn't even started shedding yet.

My birds are well.  My pigeon Grayson was clingy today as I was getting ready for work.  I swear, he's like a dog with wings.  I told him, Mama has to go to work in order to keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise