Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Wednesday June 24th

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We are having another beautiful day here in Western PA.  Hope the weather is nice at your location,

Jean - Glad to hear your PT is coming along well.  I know it is a long road, but hopefully it goes quickly.

Bernie - Love the bangle - Hope it works out for you.

I have been reading the posts, but haven't been writing much - Not much happening here.  I do go and get my second carpal tunnel surgery done next month.  I was supposed to have it done last year but DH started having all those back problems.  So here we go again.

Not much happening around here, I have been out to a few stores, but keep shopping to a minimum - Can't stand to wear the mask for long periods of time.  I swear I get in the middle of a store and just break out in the worst sweat.  Hopefully we get back to a normal that we don't have to wear masks.  Okay done whining about it.

What is everyone up to today?  Just cleaning around here, I think my dog finds every pile of grass out there - walks thru it and brings it into the house.  My sweeper has been working overtime.

Well off to change the bed.  Have a good morning everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Wednesday June 24th

Hi Everyone!

Today we finally have a somewaht cool breeze. YIPPEE!!!  We are to have some rain for the afternoon so I have my fingers crossed that we can have a cool night. I just do not do well with heat & humidity.

I may do the grocery shopping today because it's cool.  I finished washing that pile of throw rugs yesterday and the dogs comforter. The poor dehumidifyer in the laundry room was working overtime for those two days. It's nice to have that stack gone. Some of the rugs need replacing so I have my coupongs for BBB ready to use. I'm not sure when I'll make that trip but it's on the list.

Today is our 31st wedding anniversary.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long which is a good thing.  We keep our celebrating pretty low key. It's just nice to have the day together.

I really need to scrub the carpet in the family room so I'll have to check the 10 day forecast. It's been so overdue. We were going to replace that flooring but our plans changed when the a/c broke. I'm hoping with the extra time that I'll be able to find the tile or flooring that I like and will be easy to maintain as well as install. We still plan on doing the install ourselves which will be one of our biggest projects. 

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad to see you posting and happy your weather is so nice.  I don't think any of us are living very exciting lives at this time. 

Like you, I am not a fan of wearing masks at all.  In fact, when I needed to come up with a sentence as part of my mental health screening physical, that was pretty much what I said.  The physicians assistant laughed and said that she totally agreed, and wearing a mask all day was so hot.  However, I am totally willing to wear the mask until it is safe to go mask-free.  I am afraid that will be a while in the future.

I had forgotten about your second carpal tunnel surgery.  Hope it goes as well as possible.

Nice that you have a breeze and cooler weather, Fressa. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.  Hope you are able to take care of some errands today.

I didn't have anything planned for today, but I have decided to go to Wal Mart.  My hair appointment has been moved to tomorrow, and then I have an OLLI class.  I might be able to go to one grocery store, but I would be nervous about going to more than one.  And, I think Friday is a busier shopping day for many stores so posponing the stores isn't the best option.. 

Our weather continues to be sunny, dry, and hot with a high of 106  predicted for today.  It wasn't too bad on my walk, but I started to feel the heat.  

DD just called -- she had bloodwork and a scan done today, and things didn't go easily.  The phlebotomist was new, and could not find her vein in her arm or hand.  She called for her supervisor who finally managed to draw the blood, but DD said it was painful.  She also is suffering from the side effects of her anemia since she was told to go off iron prior to the test.  Hopefully, she will be able to take it easy for the rest of the day.

Hope you enjoy your new bracelet, Bernie.  It is pretty.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. It is a beautiful sunny day here also. Good luck on your upcoming surgery! I know that some find masks difficult to wear but for some reason, mine doesn't bother me. 

Fressa--Congratulations upon your wedding anniversary. You will enjoy the AC when it is repaired/installed. At that time, you won't regret the money involved and wants postponed for another time.

It is another "groundhog day" here. With this being a small town with limited shopping, I've just been out for physical therapy twice a week, to the post office on those days. It has been four weeks today since I did my last grocery pick up at WalMart over an hour away.

This Friday will make 4 weeks since I had the rotator cuff surgery. I plan to go on a very long scenic drive in my state and stay at an upscale state park lodge once I am freed to drive.

My fear is that the escalating virus cases will end that just as it did the trip to Puerto Rico in the Spring and Australia at the end of the month. Sitting here watching TV while I get permisssion to do more things is my main entertainment.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I sympathize with you about the canceled trips, Jean.  I was so looking forward to my trips to England, Scotland, and to visit family in Maryland (all canceled). Theoretically, I have a Road Scholar tour of Utah coming up in September, but I am not at all sure that will happen.  Road Scholar just canceled all tours until the end of August.  So, mid September may well be canceled as long as the virus is going strong.

I forgot to mention that my middle grandson is being tested for the virus since someone at his work has come down with it.  Fingers crossed he doesn't have it.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa 

Happy Anniversary To Both Of You Pictures, Photos, and Images for ...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, we have had several nice days of 70's & a brief thunderstorm this afternoon.  Then the ugly 80's for at least a week.  Good luck with your carpal tunnel surgery.  I am getting used to wearing a mask & it looks like we will be wearing them for quite a while yet.

fressa, happy 31st anniversary.  We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary in March quietly too, but we are still waiting to go out for a nice sit down dinner.  Might be on our 51st.  

Linda L, prayers that your dgs test comes back negative.  

Jean, I am glad that you are doing well with your PT even though it's painful.  A friend once told me that PT=PURE TORTURE.  Our ds didn't like that definition.  

Tomorrow is our grocery shopping day.  Never did I ever think that It would be the highlight of our week.  

I have been busy doing odds and ends around the house. Sewing, scrubbing, dusting but...

Yesterday, I stepped on something very sharp on our bedroom carpeting.  I thought that it was a piece of the glass jewelry container that my dh broke last week.  It was a staple that must have worked it's way up through the carpet.  Ouch!  I was hobbling around here yesterday,  but it's a little bit better today.  My feet are so tender bc of the CIDP & I am always the one to step on something.  I usually have slippers on, but I had just gotten out of the hot tub and was heading to the closet for a change of clothing.

Supper is leftovers from yesterday.  Yippee.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, are you getting our beautiful 70's?  I am trying to hang on to it.  

I forgot to tell you that I am going to have both eye teeth removed next month, a partial made & my broken off tooth repaired.  $3,500 is reasonable.      I don't like the idea of 2 root canals & implants would be $23,500.  Crowns would be $13,500.  

Trusted Contributor

Good evening everyone, hope your day went well.

Fressa - Happy Anniversary!  Enjoy the day.

Linda - Wearing the mask doesn't bother me, I know it is the best thing to do.  But, I will be standing there and Pow - I melt.   I guess not wearing one is worse.  I am sorry about your trip to Scotland and England - I really wanted to hear how you liked it.  DH and I want to go there also.  Sorry your daughter had such a rough time with the blood test.    Also, hope your DGS is okay.

Jean - Can't believe it has been 4 weeks.  Glad it is going well for you, keep up the good work.  Hope you get to go to the Lodge, is sounds very nice.

Need to work on dinner, tonight is turkey breast, stuffing and salad.

Hope everyone has a good evening.