Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics -One Day At A Time - Tuesday

Jean, You are sure a hardy to person to be able to go so long without proper heat. The longest we did without heat was back in the 70's, when we had a bad ice storm on March 4th. We didn't have heat overnight, but they got the power restored quickly the next day for us.

Rosa, lucky for you that you are seeing the snow melt. That event will be quite a while for us as it is supposed to be 21 degrees for a high today. Denim & Co. is my favorite too as we are retired and usually live a mostly casual life style except on Sunday's when we do dress up.

RC, 230,000 miles WOW. Yes, in that case you never know when the car will totally bomb out on you. I can remember back in 2005, I had a moped that I just loved. It was bought new & I had driven it for 18 years with nothing ever wrong with it, except for one new battery change. Well, my DH decided it needed a tune up, so he took it some where that was supposed to reputable. After that the thing was never the same. After that experience, I bought a really nice lime greed Honda Metropolitan. It is a 2005 & I just love it. It is so handy and a very good gas saver for our small town. We both have mopeds, so that is mostly our in town transportation during the summer. I get over 100 mpg. We got snow last night. They say 2-3" tonight and then maybe rain/sleet combo on Friday. The snow sis much easier for us to handle than the icy conditions.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle, I'm watching the show but have not been overly tempted to the point that I can't wait. Good job on resisting the temptation. Online continuing education is so much better than the old days in which one had to travel miles.

I see Progresso Light potato soup in my near future, and then some Kindle time before the Bob Mackie show.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Kona, us WV girls seem to like the same things D&C and Bob Mackie{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Regular Contributor

More wedding pictures are posted if anyone is curious.

Red Barn photography in Christiansburg va (not their face book page)

Under photos Weddings Becca and Justin

Password december31

I am sorry that I do not know how to post a link.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I went without heat for a week when a massive February ice storm hit the majority of the state several years ago. It not only took out power lines but downed some cell tower functions. Since the damage was so wide spread, it took time to get all the power restored statewide. Some people were without power for two weeks. Needless to say, that spurred a great interest in generators. Since then, power outages have rarely been more than a day. The house is well insulated, so the 1500W space heater near my chair has worked well, aided by a throw.

Rosa, I missed part of the Mackie show as I was wrapped up in my Kindle. Greatwedding pictures! This is the link:

http://redbarnphotography3694.zenfolio.com/p414169377

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sorry some of you are dealing with such cold weather as well as ice and snow. I know my DD and SIL are so ready for spring. We are having a nice day -- highs in the low 70's, I think with just a few clouds.

Sorry I'm late in posting, but it was a busy morning. DD called to say that the garage needed to repair the fuel pump and a bunch of other things before they decided if their old car could be "saved". (This was my old car that I gave to them.) We are really hoping the car can work for a year or two so that DGS could have some "wheels". It is pretty much impossible for him to find a job without a car, and next Fall he will need to drive longer distances to go to college.

His college was in session today, but opened late, and he didn't have any late classes. The high school boys were supposed to go to school two hours late, but they canceled school all together around 7:30 in the morning. They were fully prepared, lunches made, etc. Oh well.... DD and DGD did go to the gym, and my SIL went to work. The roads weren't good, but they made it okay. The county/State can't get any more ice melt, which is a problem. Hopefully this will be the last ice/snow storm for them.

I had my volunteer job today (senior lunch program), and DH and I plan to go to the gym when it re-opens after cleaning.

Happy to hear you have a new/used car Nancy -- hope it works well for you.

Waves to Nancy, Marijane, twinny, Rosa (enjoyed the wedding photos), Jean, Gayle, Kathleen, LindaR, Arlene, Karen, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I know you will be jealous, but I made an exciting purchase yesterday -- a brand new ironing board! Nothing else exciting I am afraid.

Hope everyone else has a good evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. thanks for posting this web site. Rosa, Just lovely! Weddings are so much fun, especially when you don't have to plan them.

LL, Hope you get that car fixed. Yes, cars are an important item when you are driving to college or any school for that matter, or even to job. I am so glad our DS & DD are both out of college. Our DS returned to college about 6 years ago to get his Doctorate in Physical Therapy. He already had his Doctorate in Chiropractic, so now the two fields work well together for him. He did graduate two years ago and immediately found a job. It is bad when you get the degree & can't find a job. An ironing board can be fun. I have one that is ergonomic and I can sit to iron. Glad you did get to your volunteer job. I know they count on the wonderful volunteers.