Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, Nov. 15th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Can't believe it is the middle of November, I really want it to be Jan. 1st.  I am not much of a holiday person anymore, so the next month and a half will drag for me.   Not much going on here today, I do need to sweep floors here. 

Just wanted to get the thread going, what is everyone up to today?

Have a good morning everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, Nov. 15th)

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm not a holiday person either. Let's just get it over with and move on.

I am still recovering fron a geat trip but worked yesterday and will do so again tomorrow. Today, I am off to physical therapy in about an hour. Afterwards, I will pick up some very needed groceries.

I also need to stop at the Post Office and see what gems were delivered while I was gone.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/200626/happy-tuesday-friends

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies, and thanks @PAlady for the start today.

I need to run the sweeper today and dust the bedroom, that's about it for inside the house (there's always more but that's all I have on my agenda for today), and of course I could coral some more leaves outside. The temps are supposed to drop drastically here on Friday, so I should be outside, I guess.

@KonaKat, glad you have a day to get some rest, aside from the PT, today. Your trip sounds wonderful. Glad you enjoyed it.

@meallen616, another beautiful graphic, thanks.

Up until about 4-5 years ago I always really did up the Christmas holidays. Then I got into a kind of "funk" about them, too much work, hassle, blah, blah, blah. This year I am looking forward to decorating my house again. I will probably start this coming weekend. I bought several new items to decorate with and I think it has improved my general feeling towards the holiday, for this year anyway. I am doing it strictly for me. Don't know that we will have any company at all, but I don't even care. I personally need something to look forward to, and as my hubby no longer wants to travel or really do anything, for now, this is it. We all have to do what works for us. It's all good.

Not much else happening here for today. Hope everyone has a good one. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I don't mind the holidays that much.  I didn't bother with them in 2007 (hubs and dad died) and it wasn't quite the same in 2010 (Ma died in December).  I put up a few decorations and 3 foot tree.  I'm pretty much the only person who sees it, aside from my middle sister.  I've always liked to keep the holidays in a quiet way.  Drama free. 

The weather is on the mild side for nearly mid November.  I hope we don't have another bizarre winter - it really jacked up the wildlife last year.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - We continue to have unseasonably warm weather.  About 90 degrees, and people are still running their air conditioners.  I want it to get a little brisk and chilly!

I've always loved celebrating the different holidays, but since the kids have grown up and are somewhat moved out of the house, it's not quite the same.  My Mom has told me that the older you get, the more it can start to feel like a chore, so I understand.  I think that each individual should do just as much or as little as brings them joy.

The electric company, once again without notice, has turned off the neighborhood's power to work on power lines.  The last time, about a month ago, our power was off for 12 hours.  That's a long time to be without power, and not have received notice beforehand.  Thankfully we have a generator, but most people where I live do not.

In a little bit my DH and I are going on a fun short trip out of town.  We're going to a little town in the hills that's known for it's apple orchards and touristy shops.  They make some fabulous cider donuts.  Yum.  We rarely go on outings like this, so we're overdue.  

For those of you who pray - please keep my 24 year old nephew in mind.  He thinks since our state made marijuana use legal last week, it's fine for him to use it.  Well, the dodo won't accept the fact that he's allergic to it (causes vomiting for days)  On top of that, he's a diabetic, so he gets a severe reaction.  He's once again in the hospital.  He did well for an entire year and was looking the healthiest I've ever seen him, and now this setback.  It is frustrating to the whole family.  I'm so disappointed that marijuana was legalized.  Smiley Sad

Well, we're about to head off for our outing.  I love meallen's graphic, it kind-of looks like the town we're heading to.  Hope you all have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  I have to admit the past several holiday celebrations have not been all that great.  Few, if any visitors.  This year will an exception -- DH's DD and family will be visiting for a few days before Christmas.  I'll definitely be decorating, but I am working to decrease the time I spend doing so.  

Hope PT went well, Jean.  I'm feeling pretty tired, and I don't have a good excuse like a wonderful trip.  LOL

Nice graphic, meallen.

Hi snicks -- I hope you enjoy decorating this year.  Like you, my decorating is really just for me. Sorry your DH doesn't want to travel, etc.  Like you, I need something to look forward to.  I'm really looking forward to my two day trip next month.

A quiet and peaceful holiday sounds good to me, Bernie.

Have a great trip, Charlene.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  I will pray for your nephew.  It is hard to believe he is excited about using something that makes him so sick.  A ballot initiative to legalize recreational marijuana failed in Arizona, but I know it passed in other states, including CA.  I guess I'm just a relic, but I have read/heard about some very negative consequences of legalization in children/adolescents.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I had my volunteer job today, and went to the gym after that.  Then, I visited DH.  They still don't know what happened -- no record of a fall, but I'm sure that is what happened.  Someone here suggested that perhaps DH was able to get himself up from the fall, but I really doubt that could be the case.  He hasn't been able to get up for the floor for about 1 1/2 years.  Also, someone put a bandage on his head, and he could not possibly do that.  Anyway, he seemed much better today -- able to get up from his chair without help more than once.  The cut is healing, and the lumps are going down.  And, the rash (contact dermatitis) is slightly better.  They just started using the medication on it.

Hopefully, if he has another fall, I will be notified right away.  And, I will continue to hover to make sure that happens.  I would hate to have to move him to a different facility since it would be hard on him and probably be farther away and more expensive. Most of the staff seem very good.  

I volunteered to help out with the senior lunch program next Wednesday as well as Tuesday since they are having a special Thanksgiving meal and inviting blind veterans as well as our regular crowd.  

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda