Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Tuesday, March 20th

Good Morning, Ladies!  I know some of you are dealing with more wintry weather, but Happy First Day of Spring!  Hope Jean's trip to London will not be affected by bad weather, and none of you have serious problems with the storm.  I saw that DD's area is having snow now, and heavy snow is predicted for tomorrow.  I know she will not welcome the weather.

On the positive side, I got an e-mail from my SIL saying that my nephew's wife (her DIL) is expecting again.  They have a three year old son who is my first great nephew. I'm very happy, and I'm sure my SIL is over the moon since she will have two grandchildren when this one is born.  

I have my volunteer work with the senior lunch program this morning, and I'll be going to the gym and to visit DH later.  Yesterday wasn't a great day for him -- sleepy, didn't eat much, and didn't smile until I asked for one.  Oh well -- he does have ups and downs.  The newest resident is on hospice now, but a different hospice than his.  She is suffering from cancer.  Another disease I really hate.

It is sunny here, and it should reach the upper 70's today.  That is my kind of weather for sure.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I am curious about the TSV.  Has anyone tried this sort of hose?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Tuesday, March 20th

Linda L, we are a little bit cooler today, but lots of sunshine.  I am loving March.  It came in like a lamb, but it could go out like a Lion.  How fun to get another great baby.  I hope that your DH is more alert today.

I had PT this morning & then went to get a nice anniversary card for our ds & ddil.  It will be their 12th wedding anniversary on Sunday.

Supper is brat's on the grill & potato salad.

It is hot tub time & exercise time after lunch.

Jean, I hope that you get to take your upcoming trip.  I would love to get some more snow.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Well, it's snowing since noon time here, but, happy

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/23/e3/1923e393cc80042dcf63c4c951ce95bd.jpg

Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies,.Happy first day of spring......for some....not for us.   WAiting for it to arrive probably later this afternoon... maybe a foot and a lot of wind.We still have clean up from storm #2 two weeks ago.  OUr tree man was around yesterday and he has been busy with other clients who have trees,limbs in a more  dangerous situation than us..... ours are not near the house,etc.

Twinny I would be very happy to pass the snow on to you...hopefully this will be the last storm...funny but I think I said that two storms ago.Sorry to near about your friend's diagnosis ...how is he doing?

I had my hair cut/ colored today and I am good for 4 weeks.  I hope Jean can get out to the airport Thursday without any problems. IT would be a shame to not be able  to go.

Linda I nope your DH is doing better today and smiling a lot!   NOt much else here,I just hope we keep our power.    HAve a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody - Linda thanks for getting us started today.  Hope that the senior lunch program goes well and that your DH will be more chipper tomorrow.  twinny - hope that the PT is working for you.  How much longer will it last?  meallen - strange combo to have it be the first of spring and have it be snowing.  Our mountain got snow this week.  By "our mountain", I mean Mt. San Jacinto which is directly to the east of us and over 10,000 feet in elevation.  We are expected to receive some rain this week, which is always welcome.  Marijane - stay safe during the next expected storm!

Not much going on around here today.  Just doing regular chores.  I need to call and make some doctor appts for year exams, but I'm procrastinating.  I hate making the calls about as much as I hate going.  I also have to call (again) an administrator who handles scholarships at our local high school.  Our family gives out a small scholarship each year and I'm supposed to schedule an appt with her.  I called her last Friday but she never called back.  Same thing that happened last year.  I don't think the gal's too competent.  

As for shopping - haven't bought any clothes or jewelry, but I did place an order for used books on ebay.  I seem to take turns with those 3 things.  Oh well.

Hoping that Jean makes it to London later this week, and as she reminds us, if we shop - shop wisely.  Have a great day everyone!  ~  Charlene  

Honored Contributor

Hello all - I worked for about an hour this morning then headed off to the dentist.  Four crowns were seated last month and I was really unhappy with one of them.  Dentist insisted on using permanent cement so today she had to cut it off and take new impressions.  I came back home and just finished the work day.

It was a sunny and breezy first day of Spring here in SE Michigan.

Considering what other people are getting weatherwise - no complaints here.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, our friend is in denial.  My DH has been helping a bit each day but he needs lots of different things done.  He has a lovely home, but it is too big for him.

CERB, I have 9 more PT appointments scheduled & then I hope that I am better..  My Physical Therapist is wonderful to me & I am getting lots of FREE advice over the phone from my ds.  I am in good hands.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear about your PT, twinny.  I forgot to mention how sorry I am about your friend.  Hope your husband can get through to him, and he will agree to get some help.  From my caregivers group, I have learned that denial is a very common reaction.  Makes sense to me -- no one wants to think that their mind is going.