Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, Feb. 7)

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Today is a dreary day here, rain, but 53 degrees so far.  It could be worse, we could be getting snow and not rain.   I was going to go to the mall today.  We have a some place to go in a couple weeks and I really don't have something to wear to something like it (at least in my mind I don't).  So I was going to look for something to wear.  I decided I would FIND something here to wear.  This event is only two hours long and I will know only one or two people there.  So I really have no one to impress.  Okay that is my rant for the day.

Linda  -  Hope your Dh is doing better today, I know the last couple weeks have been hard on you.

Well I guess I need to do one constructive thing here today.  I am also going to set up  puzzle to work on.  I have been wasting too much time on the computer lately. 

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, Feb. 7)

Image result for internet shopping memes

Respected Contributor

It's raining here too (NE Ohio), and now it's getting really foggy.  It's supposed to reach a high of about 63 today (depending on which forecast you believe), then tomorrow the high will drop by about 30 degrees!  Like you say, it's better than a foot of snow!  (Besides, I'm getting a free car wash right now.)

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Thanks also for your good wishes for me and DH.  Fingers crossed he will be better today.  Good job in finding something to wear to the event.  I have done those realizations about the "need" for something new to wear.  Not necessarily so.

That is a funny graphic, meallen.  I have spent too much time searching for keys, but I am really working on keeping things in place.

Hope the free carwash helps 2blonde.  I have found that after our rains, the car can be more dirty than before -- I guess the dust and dirt clings better when it is slightly wet.

As I mentioned, I am off to my volunteer job at the senior lunch program again today, and then I plan to go to the gym before visiting DH.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, have fun setting up a new puzzle.  It is supposed to be 45° again today & then a couple of days of 20's & then 40's all weekend.  Have fun with getting a new outfit.  Although I like to look nice, my days to impress started 48 years ago.  Our first date was on Ground Hog day lol.  

Meallen, I am always searching for my keys.

2blonde, welcome.  We live in S.  WI & it started getting very foggy last night & was foggy on our drive to the dentist.  By the time we were driving back home it was just a light drizzle.  My DH likes a free car wash too!   We haven't had much of a winter & I would love snow, just not a foot at a time.  We usually get one or two blizzards a year.

Linda L, I hope that your senior lunch volunteer job goes well today & DH is doing better when you visit with him today.

I am so happy to have the dreaded dental appointment out of the way.   I am a chicken for a few different reasons.

January & February have been like November or March weather.  

I am not doing anything productive today & tomorrow we are going to hear our favorite little polka band & having lunch there.

I am so ready for 20's & sunshine.

My only shopping want is a new swimsuit.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan---Thank you for starting the thread. We are having interesting weather for this time of the year. It is  72 degrees right now at 4:11pm, but tomorrow night and the day afterwards we are expecting some snow which is more typical of this time of the year.

I did work today which was a very good day. As of now, I won't be working tomorrow but that can change.

My faith in "As Is" has been restored. I bought J333405 in yellow gold with diamonique which normally sells for $99+. The earrings appear small when you first look at them but after putting them on, they have a very nice appearance and look bigger on than off. They are in perfect condition. I wore them today and got several good comments. $67+ is far better than $99+

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - sounds like things are quiet for most of you.  twinny - I went to the dentist this morning too.  Thankfully all is good.  Jean - glad this as-is purchase worked out well.  Waves to all Smiley Happy

I made several FASHION purchases this past week, all one item, A269290.  That's Susan Graver's 8 gore liquid knit skirt.  The first 6 gore skirt I bought of her's was a little too short, and the liquid knit was thin.  The second 6 gore style I purchased was premium liquid knit and a little longer.  I liked it a lot and bought it in 3 colors.  Since last year I've lost enough weight that they're getting too big, so I decided to try the A269290 in a smaller size.  I really like it, so I bought it in several different colors.  I can wear that skirt all year-round here in southern CA.

Yesterday I spent much of the day driving my Mom around and helping her get some paperwork done.  Near the end she got mad at me and got argumentative about me needing to agree with her on political issues.  Several times I told her that it wasn't worth fighting about and that we needed to change the subject, but she was like a dog with a bone.  After 10 minutes of ranting, she sort-of "came to" and acted nice and sweet, with no apology for her behavior.  She's always been like that a little bit, only it's becoming more pronounced.  I tried to remain patient and positive, but I was upset about it by the time I got home.  It's not easy in this life to 1) get old, and 2) deal with the elderly.  ~  Sigh  ~

Well everyone - I hope you're having a pleasant Tuesday.  Shop wisely! ~  Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, your temps are what I would like all summer.  I am glad that your as is earrings are keepers.

CERB,  losing weight is a good reason to buy new clothes.  Prayers as you deal with your mom's issues.  Not a fun thing to deal with.  My mom drove me nuts sometimes & always favored my DH.  My one sibling did nothing except show up for her funeral.  My brother has a wife & 4 DC so he was going in 10 different directions at all times.   I got to the point where my DH went with me to her home & then her assisted living place.  She became combative which wasn't her real self.  I wouldn't have survived the ordeal by myself.  We were Daddy's Little Girl's & he passed away too young.  My rant is over too.

I did my walk this afternoon & then went to the outlet store of the company that I worked at & saw 2 IM large brim hats.  One at 1/2 price was $29.95 & the other hat was $24.95.  They were so big on me that I could have done The Mexican Hat Dance in them, lol.

Honored Contributor

Image result for heavens to murgatroyd

Just getting around to posting.  It was a foggy, drizzly day here too.  Work was busy.  As Martha Stewart would say..............

Image result for martha stewart its a good thing

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise