Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, April 14th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We are starting out with a cold but nice morning.  Had some good news, DH's Covid 19 test is negative.  So we are very happy with that.  

Not much happening here today, I get to scrub bathrooms - I know ladies - you are very jealous of me and my exciting life.

Well I must get moving and get out of my pjs.  Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, April 14th)

Hi Everyone!

Today is sunny but cool. YIPPEE!!!  My computer has been freezing on me so I'm hoping that I can post today. The weather looks cooler for the remainder of the week so I'm hoping that holds. I think it will be our final week of cool temps before we blast into the Spring.

I did make it to the Pharmacy yesterday. I wore my mask and gloves. I am alergic to my mask but the reaction finally disappeared after a few hours.  The store wasn't crowded so I did pick up a few more grocery items that I had forgotten to have on my list for my dil. I went much earlier than I usually do which does seem to be the best time if you have health issues. There was some t.p.so I got my 1 package. There were some paper towels but not much. No napkins and cleaning supplies were limited. The meat department seemed stocked. I didn't even look at the produce.Our store had one way signs for all the aisles to keep with the safe distancing. That seemed to work well.

Today it's either going to be more scrubbing baseboards or paperwork day. I might have to put the Easter decorations away and replace it with the Spring items. One more cup of coffee is needed before I can decide. LOL

I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling better and had a nice Holiday meal.

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. That is fabulous news about DH testing negative for COVID-19. You scrubbed the bathroom, which is something I need to do. I saw a promo yesterday that this was an ideal time to do cleaning...and the room on which we should start is the bathroom.

Fressa--Glad you could make it to the pharmacy, and that it wasn't crowded. Good job on scoring the tp. A cup of coffee is always good to help you plan what to do for the rest of the day.

We had freezing temps last night so some plants may have suffered but I have no plants outside. I keep fine-tuning that WalMart grocery order as I  think of new items. I put in a chicken and beef order, both from the frozen foo section. I scrubbed the kitchen sink again and treated it with bleach, and also the drains.

I got the notice today that American Airlines will refund me for the two tickets to Puerto Rico. I prefer that to using the cost of the ticket toward another one by a certain deadline date. They stated it might take 7 days for the refund to hit my card. I have a hunch it will be longer. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  That is great news about your DH -- thank goodness he doesn't have another problem.  Good luck with your cleaning.  That is in my agenda as well.

Glad you were able to go to the pharmacy and get a few groceries, Fressa.  Sorry you are allergic to the mask, but at least the irritation went away after a few hours.

Good that your airline will refund your ticket, Jean.  Did you receive your direct deposit from the government yet?  I ask because one of my high school friends and her DH received theirs yesterday, but I haven't heard of anyone else receiving theirs.

The Caregivers video call yesterday was pretty sad.  Many of the Caregiver's loved ones have dementia or other brain diseases, and most really don't understand what is going on or the need for social distancing, extra cleaning, etc.  One lady said that her DH was in an assisted living facility, and she was not allowed to visit for several days.  When they finally said she could visit since he was in bad shape, he had already died.  She was very upset that she couldn't say goodbye.  Another lady had problems with her Father who has had a serious infection.  The EMT's and the hospitals really didn't want him in their vehicles/facilities, and he has been to the hospital three times (they kept sending him home before he was ready to go home.)  And, there were other sad stories.  The adult day care people are doing their best -- You Tube videos, etc., but it is difficult for everyone.

I had received a thank you card and Culver's gift card ($15) from hospice (April is volunteer appreciation month), and I had sent an e-mail to the volunteer coordinator thanking her.  She told me that she had already retired (a bit earlier than expected), and there was no replacement yet.  Also, six of the staff had tested positive for the virus.  Yikes!

Like most of you, my plans for the day are not exciting.  I am looking forward to my walk since it is sunny and should make it up to the mid 70's again.  I certainly can't complain about the weather.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe!

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - nice to read your updates, and glad to know that you're all hanging in there through this pandemic.  2 weeks ago our county made it a law that everyone in public has to wear a mask, so I spent quite a bit of time sewing some.  They turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

I don't think I mentioned this previously, but back when my DH had his prostate surgery I decided to start writing a book.  It's a romance novel, and it's a novel experience, pardon the pun.  I have entire books in my head, so it's a matter of setting it down on paper (or computer, lol.)  Sometimes I feel the quality of my writing is pretty good, and in other places, it's stilted and boring.  At least I am trying something new and learning.  It's been good for me to try something new.

Our kids are still not officially named, but they're very healthy, happy goats.  We are having a day of sunshine after a solid week of rain.  I think we got well over 3 inches which is unusual in April.  Heck, sometimes 3 inches is all we get in an entire year.  Plus, we have lots of weeds in the pasture now to feed hungry goats.

Take care everyone!  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy to read that your beloved does NOT have the coronavirus Susan @PAlady 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa   have you thought about making your own with a piece of cloth and coffee filter insert?  My sister made me a mask out of a bandana.  She sewed it by hand so I will treasure it forever.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm glad you are getting a refund from American Airlines.

Honored Contributor

Oh Linda @LindaLatte  how absolutely awful that one of the caregivers was not allowed to visit her beloved before he passed away.  I know that many faiths (mine included) believe a person is never really alone when they die but that's little comfort for the ones left behind.

Honored Contributor

Hey Charlene @cerb   You never know, you could get published.  I don't think I'm creative enough to write a book however I do like to journal about what's going in my bird's lives.