Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, 12/8)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  

Woke up to a cold morning, but I guess it is December.  The dog is hobbeling along here, I do feel sorry for her, but not a whole lot I can do but spoil her.  I am hoping the pain meds kick in today.  

Not much happening here today, I have some general cleaning to do and do want to finish cleaning up my piles of stuff.  I swear the more I try to get rid of the piles of "stuff" the more they show up.  Explain that to me.

Off to get dressed, have a good morning.  What is everyone up to today?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tuesday, 12/8)

Hi Everyone!

It's getting colder today but no snow or rain. YIPPEE!  I have got to get to the bank drive thru today regardless of how I feel. I still want to finish the tree and front window and then I'm done with the decorating for this year. It's beef stew in the pressure cooker for dinner tonight. It's one of the few things I can make in it. I'm still learning. 

Palady1--Sorry to hear about your dog's leg. I never knew they could pull an acl. I have GSD's with allergies and ear infections. Our female has a paw pad infection that comes and goes like allergies. Winter seems to be the only season that doesn't flair up. We will keep our fingers and pwas crossed for a speedy recovery for your furbaby.

I still have a few gift cards to purchase and waiting for packages to arrive. I think I'm done with the Christmas shopping for this year. I still have the wrapping and cards to be mailed. I forgot to order Christmas stamps so I'm sure what I will do about that "snag".

I'm still behind on my decluttering and reorganizing (especially the holiday "stuff) I'm guessing that project will take me thru the month of January. I may do a quick check to see if there are any items for donations in time for Christmas one day this week. The charity pick ups are still limited in our area.

I have finally found a new a/c and heating company for the yearly check ups. They are scheduled for Friday for the boiler. The other company that we had for years merged and it was downhill from there. Then we had to find a new a/c company and they refused to maintain the new unit that they installed. What a nightmare. I saw this truck at the neighbors and called and was able to schedule an appointment. What an ordeal. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.    

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Sorry your dog is still in pain, and hope she improves soon.

It is a little warmer here this morning, and it is predicted to reach the mid 70's today.  Finally, Arizona weather comes through.  We had such a long and hot summer that most of us were quite ready for cooler temperatures, but not cold. 

Still I decided to take my walk later rather than the first thing this morning.  And, I did a Leslie Sansone DVD early -- that really got me going. 

Again, thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes yesterday.  It was a pretty busy day, but good.  

I have my last OLLI class of the semester this afternoon (plant based diet).  So, theoretically I will have more time for de-cluttering and cleaning.  That assumes that I can stick to the job, which is yet to be seen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Yes, it was nippy today but I understand we might have temps in the upper 50s for the start of the weekend. I completely understand the frustration over deluttering. It never looks like one is making much progress.

I worked today and wore the new Vera Bradley mask I received yesterday. According to my emai, my candy order shipped today but I when I clicked on the tracking #, UPS had not picked it up yet.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.