Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tues. Oct. 26th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  

Getting an early start, DH has an early doctors appointment this morning.  Looking at the weather, it is going to be a cool day (52 degrees), I am not complaining after seeing what is going on out west.  I feel bad for the folks in CA, they go from one extreme to another with their weather.  

There is not much happening here, I may try to do a little decluttering around here today.  I have started my Christmas shopping, I really hope to have it done by early November.  I have no desire to fight the crowds this holiday season.  I usually give money, but I like to have a small gift for the GD and Nieces to open with the money.  

Well I need to get moving here, hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tues. Oct. 26th)

Hi Everyone!

Our weather today is what was forecasted for yesterday. Yesterday we had rain and some wind but no tornados. Today is just nasty outside. I think I will still do the banking but that's all. I'm hoping the weather will keep the lines short.

This afternoon is my bill pay day. I have to phone a regular prescription refill in to the vet's office for the dogs. I've pushed the grocery shopping and prescription pickup for Wednesday. I'm hoping the weather is a bit nicer. 

I actually watched more of the Q this morning to see Carolyn and D &co. I certainly could do without more clothes but I like to see a good sale and the new items. So far, my cart is still empty. 

I have a bit more Christmas shopping for the men and our soon to be bride of our grandson. I need to give that more thought about sizing and needs.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  We are having a relatively cool day here as well with a high in the low 70's instead of the mid to upper 80's we have had lately.  It was cloudy and a bit windy when I took my walk this morning, but now the sun is out.  They are certainly having weather issues in CA and other areas.  What a mess.  Good luck with your Christmas shopping and decluttering.  

Hi Fressa -- hope you make it to the bank with no problems, and the weather improves tomorrow.  Also hope your bill paying day doesn't have any nasty surprises.  As I have mentioned here, I do my weekly financial review most Saturdays, and I take that time to record all my charges and bills so there are no surprises.  Most of my bills are paid automatically, but I double-check because sometimes there are hang-ups.  

I will be providing some caregiver relief today, and if I am up to it, I will go to the gym this afternoon.  My dermatologist appointment went well -- no problems. So, I will not go back for a year unless something crops up before then.  My oldest DGS didn't have a good night, and doesn't see the urologist until tomorrow.  They are still hoping he passes the kidney stone.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Hope not problems with your bill paying.  I hope the weather has been good for you today, we are having a cold and drizzley day.  It drizzles just enough to make you cold and miserable.  Guess I can't complain when you look at California's weather.  Like you, I do not need anymore clothes, I decided I am going to wear every shirt I have and decide if it is really a keeper or if it goes to the St Vincent DePaul.  This may take awhile.

Linda - Glad you had a good walk today.  Glad you hear your doctor's appointment went well.  I need to make an appointment with mine soon.  Sorry to hear DGS is still in pain, I hope he feels better.  

I have been sitting here watching some TV, there is nothing good on TV during the day.  This is why I ususally read all afternoon.  Well off to do something constructive.

Have a good afternoon everyone.