Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tues. 9/21)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Can't belive it is close to the end of September, this year has just flown.  I still have many projects not started or finished.  This year I have been trying to use, donate or throw stuff out.  I have done fairly well using up creams, soaps and working on my perfumes.  I had my perfumes down to 3 bottles, but somehow my collection has grown to 6 large bottles and 5 smaller roller ball containers.  Not sure how that happened.  

I have a dentist appointment this morning, it was yesterday, but the hygenist called in sick and had to reschedule for today.  

Bernie - Good luck with the new HVAC, you be glad it is done now and not in the middle of the winter.  Hope the noise doesn't disturb the birds too much.

Fressa - I hope your wallpaper project goes quickly.  I have had many project taking down paper, now I hire someone to do it.  My arthritic fingers can't take it anymore.

Linda - I hope you enjoy your trip.  Keep us up to-date on your adventures. 

I think our summer weather is over this week, we are supposed to to get down to the 40's at night and up in the 60's during the day.  I am a Fall person, too bad it doesn't last until May. 

Hope everyone has a great morning.  What is everyone up to today? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tues. 9/21)

Hi Everyone!

Today is cloudy with rain in the forecast. I have two errands that I need to accomplish. I need to pay some bills and maybe continue with the cedar closet decluttering. I've been getting emails about the truck being on my street so that always motivates me to get that stuff out of here. 

It seems like September is flying by and I have so muvh more on the "to do" list. This year the list was longer than ususal because I really want all of these tasks done and handled. Neither of us are 20+ anymore (LOL) and we need to start to ease up on home projects. We''ve decided that the lower level will have to wait until next year but the hubby thinks we may be able to start painting it this year. Flooring will have to wait but we may tile the bathroom down there because it's small. 

I'm still waiting on my postage stamp order which is odd. I'm debating ordering again because I don't see that the check was cashed. I tried calling the post office and it just goes thru a recorded message, rings busy and cuts you off. So frustrastred because I have anniversary and birthday cards to mail for the kids. 

I saw a bit of the Q this morning. I so enjoy Christmas inventory. I figure I'll watch the repeat programs late tonight so I'll stick to my budget. Whatever works.  I'm like a raccoon with anything that sparkles or glitters. LOL  Jeanne Graffe has some pretty crystal items. That has my name all over it. I have some from years past froom VPH that I put on the trees every year. I just love that stuff. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I think you and I found the summer to be a good time to declutter or thin the collection of various items. It is amazing how quickly the summer has gone, and this last day is definitely more like fall with the lower temperatures.

Fressa--I don't envy your wallpaper removal tasks. I do hope the second layer doesn't have a surprise layer under it. You are so right that it is good to get needed changes done before age limits what can be done. Enjoy your seasonal decorations.

Bernie--It takes planning and rearranging of items but the installation of the new HVAC will be welcomed this winter when the super chill moves in, and then next summer when the summer heat attacks.

Linda--I hope you enjoy your tour. Accomodations sound a wee bit rustic. 

Tomorrow is trash day, so today will be spent gathering up a few more items and by streaming Chicago Med. Next Tuesday, I have the appointment with the surgeon doing the knee replacement. I am preparing just in case it goes as scheduled but things can change in a month. As far as buying, right now it is for needs only and the possibility I might need a new smart phone.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, you & fressa are so right about this month flying by.  Removing wallpaper when I was a teenager was the worst job I have ever done.  My parents bought a house to rent out when we were 13 1/2 & we had just gotten a baby brother.  Our Dad was a builder and taught us well how to paint etc at an early age.  Inside painting I like doing & one of these days I am going to repaint my dh's bathroom.  

Fressa, I cleaned the carpet in our Master bedroom and my sewing room this morning.  Aaaaah!  The main floor is all done.  Soon, I will be cleaning the carpet in our guest bedroom, hallway and family room in the basement.  There are two large windows and a patio door, so I need to get it done next week when we are going to be in 40's- 50's by night and 60's-70's by day.  The carpet will dry quickly.   We did a good spring cleaning job several months ago, which made this job much easier for me.

Fall & winter are my favorite seasons of the year.  My Fall project will be washing the windows inside and outside.  They are all easy except for the picture window as they open from the inside.  

Our  mini 4 day vacation last week reenergized us.  We are slowly getting our bodies ready for couple of nice road trips hopefully in Sept & Oct.

My cousin whom we haven't seen since her husband passed away 21 months ago came last Friday for a couple of days.  We had a lot of catching up to do.  I can't believe how much soda she drinks in a day. For breakfast she had two cans of pop and two cups of coffee.  She arrived with 2 large cups of pop (empty) and had 3 cups of pop at Culver's on Friday night for supper.  She's not a diabetic.

I walked yesterday, but my energy is gone for the rest of the day.  

My DH went to see his Mom yesterday and she is still pretty weak, but wants no assistance.  She did let him go to the grocery store for a few things & she has agreed to let him call her every morning at 9:30 to see how things are going.  We are praying that she will be ok until two of my dh's brothers and sisters in law get back home from their much needed vacations.  One is in Ireland and the other one is in AK celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary a few days early.  

It's lunch time and I have no idea what to fix.  It might be a drive thru carry out lunch.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I think you and I found the summer to be a good time to declutter or thin the collection of various items. It is amazing how quickly the summer has gone, and this last day is definitely more like fall with the lower temperatures.

Fressa--I don't envy your wallpaper removal tasks. I do hope the second layer doesn't have a surprise layer under it. You are so right that it is good to get needed changes done before age limits what can be done. Enjoy your seasonal decorations.

Bernie--It takes planning and rearranging of items but the installation of the new HVAC will be welcomed this winter when the super chill moves in, and then next summer when the summer heat attacks.

Linda--I hope you enjoy your tour. Accomodations sound a wee bit rustic. 

Tomorrow is trash day, so today will be spent gathering up a few more items and by streaming Chicago Med. Next Tuesday, I have the appointment with the surgeon doing the knee replacement. I am preparing just in case it goes as scheduled but things can change in a month. As far as buying, right now it is for needs only and the possibility I might need a new smart phone.

Jean, you have been busy decluttering too.  It seems like there is always something to do in the house or outside.  The only thing that I do outdoors is hang out the laundry and pick tomatoes.  Those two things I enjoy.  I was picking lots of the Black Cherry tomatoes & throwing them in the lawn (which look like large black olives) & taste awful yesterday when I saw something odd in the plant.  It was a black walnut put there by a squirrel.  We always see a nut hid on our porch and they are put in strange places some years.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  I hope your weather continues to be nice.  Waves to Fresca, Jean, and Glenda. I finally figured out how to get the internet in my room, but today's issue was the lack of hot water in the morning when I was taking my shower.  It affected the whole building, and was not repaired until we had breakfast.  At least the breakfast was great -- many choices.  The same was true for lunch, and dinner was substantial.  Between eating all this food and not exercising nearly as much as at home, I may actually gain some weight during the trip.  That is a plus for me.

We went for a relatively short hike at a beautiful State park this morning after hearing a lecture about geology.  After lunch, we had a lecture on anthropology and archeology before going to see some petroglyphs and then to a desert garden.  

Tomorrow's highlight will be hiking at Zion park.  

I have met some very nice people on the trip, including another single lady from Arizona.  She loves to travel, and I enjoy talking with her and several others about their adventures.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda