Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time Tues. 11/22

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Hope everyone is ready for Thanksgiving, I just have to make some desserts for two places we are going to.  It is too hard to make side dishes and then take them to two different places, I am not talented enough to do that, so desserts it is.

My DH's son got married this past weekend and it was a destination wedding.  We were in Miami and had wonderful weather, I have to admit it was nice to be in 77 degree weather when back home it was 20 degrees with a little snow.  The wedding was on the beach and we had a crowd of beach goers around us.  I was very pleased that they all were very respectful and quiet during the ceremony.  Of course, they all cheered for the bride and groom at the end.

We left Sunday and it was raining like crazy, I saw they had an area set outside for a wedding on Sunday, they were not so lucky with the weather.  I felt sorry for them.

Still trying to get used to this new computer, I have to move a bunch of files around and I am not good at that.  I will have to bribe my sister with a meal and have her come down and help me.  If I do it myself, all will be lost.

I have to get somethings done around here and get some lunch.  What is everyone up to today?  Have a good morning everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time Tues. 11/22

PALady---I  have been fussing around with our new computer as well. I think I finally got the last sign in issue resolved yesterday. Crossing my fingers on that one. What a chore. 

So glad that you had nice weather for the wedding. It's always such a worry about a dozen things that can go a stray with a wedding. It's nice when it all comes together and is enjoyable. 

Today I have to pick up a prescription and a few grocery items that I forgot for the holiday meal. UGH!! Right now I need to pick something from the freezer for dinner tonight. The dehumidifyer is on the list for replacing so I'm checking sales. It's been one item after another around here lately. Crossing my fingers that I can find a sale.

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all 🦃🦃 My oldest dad and dgd are flying in tonight. I am having our closest friends and dhs hospice nurse join us.

I am doing ok.I have many caring friends here. Currently I am getting the financial things in order. There is a lot to do but I am managing.

Our weather is in the low 70s.🥰

Thank you for all of your prayers and kind thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  I agree with you about making desserts rather than side dishes -- much easier to handle.  Glad the weather was so nice for your DH's son's wedding in Miami. 

Hope you figure out all of the new computer's features.  My new TV has many features that I haven't taken the time to figure out yet.  I know the basics, but there is plenty to learn.  

Glad you were able to resolve that sign-in issue with your new computer, Fressa.  Hope the stores are not too bad when you pick up the prescriptions and groceries.  Also hope you are able to find a dehumidifier on sale.

Very happy your DD and Syd along with your friends and the hospice nurse will be there for Thanksgiving, Barbara.  Glad you are doing okay and getting the financial things in order.  I continue to pray for you and your family.  

The senior lunch program went well this morning, but I found out that one of our regulars (Ron) had passed away alone at home.  The director was concerned since he hadn't been there for a couple of weeks, and called the police to check on him since she did not have a contact person for him.  So sad.  

I am working at the lunch program again tomorrow when they are having a big Thanksgiving meal plus some blind veterans will be attending.  There will also be some entertainment. 

My "new" volunteer buddy is having at least 14 people for Thanksgiving dinner.  She told me that when she went to Walmart, there were only three turkeys left.  And, the turkeys were not that large.  So, she bought one and then went to another store to buy more.  Yikes.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda  

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1  I'm glad that you are going to be surrounded by love.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise