Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tues. 1/19)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

It is cold here today, but the sun has been out so that makes it "seem" better out.  Not much happening here today.  I do need to make a trip to Target and Staples but that is it.  It is sad to think going to two stores is a day out for me.  I am very ready for this all to be over, I would love to do a day trip.  When we got our dog, we were going to do some short trips to get the dog used to being in the Kennel.  Of course, Covid happened and she is so used to us being around I am afraid she will be devestated when we put her in a kennel when we travel.  I already have guilty feelings when I put any of our dogs in the kennel when we traveled, this will be extra bad for me.  

I hope to declutter a few things today, I like to make a trip to St. Vincent DePaul at least once a month.  I hate to hit them with too many bags or boxes at a time.  I have to admit when I go there, there are always quite a few people working to take donations.  I

Well, that is about it for my day today, what is everyone up to today?  Have a good morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Tues. 1/19)

Susan, it's been cloudy a lot lately, but mild for this time of the year.  We are so ready to go on a vacation, but a day trip here and there are a Blessing right now.  I often tell my DH that it's bad when going to the grocery stores are fun.  I declutter often so I don't take much each time.  

Other than going to the gym this afternoon,  I am getting ready for a fun day tomorrow.  I am going to dress up & celebrate our eldest dg's Golden Birthday (20) & the Inauguration quietly with just two of us.  I am going to order a nice carry out breakfast for my DH & make myself a healthy meal as I have labs/Dr. follow-up appts next Tuesday.  We will be dancing the day away.  Dgs is out for a day of skiing with his Dad as he starts college again tomorrow.

It's hot tub time & then lunch time 

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. It is a beautiful sunny day here also. You are not alone in wanting an opportunity for a day out. I did that but it consisted of a full day of driving with stops just for the bathroom and drive thru. It was just the car and me but at least it wasn't house confinement.

Twinny--You have a great day planned. Your comment about dancing the day away reminded me of a video on the news of an older couple dancing to entertain themselves during quarantine. You would enjoy being at our Snowshoe, a noted ski rsesort in our state where it is being blanketed by snow right now.

I was actually called to work today. It seems that the sub didn't show up. I was already into decluttering and didn't want to lose my motivation. I told them to wait until next week. I saw the "beach pants" presented on Denim & Co. I did a search and saw that last year's was on clearance. If I get my knee done, this might be something of ease to wear during the time. I basically got them at half the price of today's featured ones.

I also heard them explain that sizses are often gone when a new order is presented because people explore the website and discover the new arrivals and order then instead of awaiting the onair presentation. I might have considered the SG TSV but my size was gone in the color I wanted.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Going to stores is big excitement for me these days.  And, I'm trying to limit those trips to once per week.  The only other "excitement" is my hospice volunteering.  Like you, I really would like to go on a trip, even a day trip.  But, it is just not safe here. Good luck with your decluttering and donations.

Hi Glenda.  Hope you enjoy the gym and have a nice day tomorrow.  Love the idea of dancing.   Happy Birthday to your DGS tomorrow -- no longer a teenager.  Time flies.  My DGD turns 21 next month, which is another very big milestone.

I heard from my DD who was waiting in the car while her husband had his monoclonal antibody treatment.  She coughed the whole time when we were talking, and told me that she is having difficulty with studying since her memory is not good.  She usually has an excellent memory, so this is upsetting to her.

Meanwhile, youngest DGS and DGD are in bed -- still suffering from the virus.  But, my SIL is having the most trouble.  Praying this treatment helps.

It is cloudy and a bit cooler today, and it may even rain.  Also, rain is a strong possibility for tomorrow night and Thursday along with cooler weather.  While I am a big fan of sunshine and warm weather, we are in desperate need of rain.  So, I'm not complaining.

Nothing exciting going on here today.  I heard from my financial adviser, and all is well.  The centerpiece I purchased from my DGS' wife on ETSY came yesterday, and I really like it.  Perfect for year-round use.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I'm glad you were able to get those pants at such a good price, Jean.  I think they will be useful when you have the surgery.  Your decision to decline working today is a good one in my opinion.  Hope your decuttering goes well.  I saw the SG TSV presented yesterday evening (not long after midnight EST), and it was selling very quickly.  I kept having to tell myself that I have more than enough tops since this one seems very practical, especially for travel.  This morning, it was sold out in my size in every color but black which is not what I wanted.  At least that made my decision much easier.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is hard for me to realize that it has been ten months since I have been in a store other than the Dollar Store two months ago for batteries, and the local Supermarket right before Christmas to get a needed item. My big excitement is the WalMart Grocery pickup once a month, and lunch at the Outback as it does a great job on safety.

I was just thinking of all these vendor's appearing via Skype. Wonder how many will continue this practice once the virus has been controlled? It would be cheaper than jetting across country or taking the train, but then that would be a work-related tax deductible expense.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We had a bit of snow and ice last night and cold temps. I'm never crazy about the ice part. The sun is out today so all but the patio is melted. The patio takes forever to thaw.

I wahsed the last down comforter this am and then ran the "pure cycle" on the washer. I actually watched half ot he Denim & co show while the comforter was in the dryer. A few things caught my eye but (so far) I didn't order any of them. Thanks to my closet clothes hanger tumbling down last night and breaking I could see how many pants I have. That will be a project for tomorrow. I have those Peria storage cubes all set to be used. Somehow I think the closet "fix-it" might be a bigger project than I expect. If so, then I'll grocery shop on Friday.

I was surprised this morning that I had emails confirming my credits for both holiday returns. For once, I think the timing was just right. I'm happy that I can check that off the list. 

We have a tire issue with the hubby's car and an appointment for Wednesday. I have my fingers crossed that we don't have to purchase 4 tires and maybe just get it down to 2.  It's always a "surprise" just when you think you can start fresh with a new year and new chance at saving a bit. We had two other "surprises" with the computer equipment and our phones so I'll have to take a breath and rethink our budget and when these items can be replaced. UGH!!!

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, it sounds like a good idea to declutter and Sub next week.  The SG pants are a good idea when you have your knee surgery.  

Linda L,  happy 21st  to your dgs.   Prayers  that your  family is feeling better soon.  It's difficult when you are in the car waiting for a loved one having a procedure done.  We started dancing in the house last February as we were planning to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary at the Firemen's Dance in my dh's hometown,    We went to it  on our wedding night and hadn't gone to since.  

The Big news here is that our nephew (my brothers 2nd eldest  son) proposed to his gf on Saturday night.  She has a beautiful ring.  The wedding is planned for 2022.  

Glenda