Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time (Sunday)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Woke up today to snow on the ground, I am so sick of winter, have I said that lately. We are supposed to get some nicer (warmer) weather this week so that will be nice. Just came back from breakfast with DH so I won't be eating until supper. Not much on the agenda today, I am going to stop a Kohls and look for a top or two for an event we are going to in a couple weeks.

Jean - I hope you get your furnace replaced soon, you probably got this snow also.

Sonya - I went on an Alaskan Cruise years ago and loved it, I am ready to go on another one now. It is funny you can take a hundred pictures of what you are seeing, but it never matches the beauty of being there. What areas are you stopping at?

LindaL - Hope DH is still doing well.

Well not much more to say, I do need to get moving here, hope everyone has a great day.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time (Sunday)

The weather was nice yesterday and today is to be even better. The sun is shining so I am going to get outside and do some things and enjoy the day. I am off work until Tuesday so I am going to take advantage of it. No shopping for me today and hit the mall on Friday with my daughter and grand daughter. My grand daughter is all ready for spring and summer and Easter too. What a fun day of shopping that was.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Hope your weather improves soon. We are supposed to have gusty winds this afternoon, but quite warm. Starting on Tuesday, it should be quite a bit cooler -- highs around 70, but still much nicer weather than many places.

Hope you find some nice tops at Kohl's. The closest Kohl's is quite a distance from here, so I rarely go there any more. In Maryland, I had two nearby stores and shopped there often.

Thanks for your wishes for DH. He isn't doing too badly, but far from what he used to be, unfortunately. He did enjoy the baklava and the party we went to yesterday afternoon.

Hi busygirl -- glad to hear about your weather. Sounds like you had a great time shopping with your daughter and granddaughter. I enjoy doing that as well -- unfortunately, it doesn't happen much given our locations.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, Sonya, twinny, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, Susan, Gayle, Nancy, Karen, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope to go to the gym after church. And, I have ironing to do. The new dryer worked well on the initial use, but I need to study the various drying options a bit more.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread.Yes, this prolonged winter is getting very old. Breakfast out sounds like a great option. When I was in Kohls yesterday, the selection was excellent. I got three dressier tops from one of the higher end lines. The fit on one was so good that I decided to get the top in three different patterns, all of which looked good. Some patterns are "no no's" for me. I do hope you find what you need.

Busygirl, you had a very successful day and are now prepared for Easter. Enjoy your sunny day and please continue to drop in and visit!

I'm glad that DH enjoyed the baklava. I've never had it but I'm sure it is excellent. I know there are times that you would enjoy being closer to family but with your current location, there are some positives. Good news on the dryer.

I couldn't sleep last night because my right leg was aching and I couldn't get comfortable. Finally at 3am, I got up and took some Advil PM. I finally went to sleep. When I awakened at what I thought was the usual time, Midnight was still curled up beside me. All was good until I turned over and saw the time. I couldn't believe it; I slept until Noon. I haven't done that for years...and apparently Midnight either couldn't get me up at the usual time or he chose to let me sleep.

I am just having coffee right now before I fix lunch. I was flipping through the channels and discovered Twiggy on HSN. I've never seen her items. Right now, I have In the Kitchen on, which is very non-threatening when it comes to buying. I have a Kitchen Aid hand mixer which meets my rare needs.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, we woke to snow and high winds.

Kona, like you I have not slept till noon probably since college.

Linda, I pray often for you and your DH. Sounds like you are keeping very busy with fun activities, not so much the ironing.

We did not get to go with my SIL to NC to look for a dining room table and chairs. DH had an appointment at his office on Saturday and it took longer than he thought. We will try to go this coming Saturday. While he was at the office I volunteered at the Thrift store, after that we went out to lunch.

We are Grand dog sitting today, Hank is an 8 pound mix, he looks a whole lot like a cat.{#emotions_dlg.w00t} He has pretty much just laid around. DS is out of town till Wednesday and DIL had to work a 12 hour shift today. Ususally I take him for long walks but it is too cold for that.

That is about all that is happening here. I do like to watch the kitchen shows but I have a stand mixer that I use a few times a year so I am not interested in the TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--Sorry that you didn't get to make the trip to NC to check out the furniture. Hopefully, it will happen this coming Saturday and the weather will be good. It is now sunny here with winds also.

I'm looking at the Diane Gilman presentation on HSN. I remember one time when DG has a TSV. I decided to try it and used the HSN tool to select the appropriate size. I plugged in my accurate measurements and the tool produced the recommended size. When I got the size, I couldn't get the sucker pulled up enough to fasten. So much for the accurate tool.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a nice day out - bright and sunny and pretty warm - it's in the 60s. I was up early for church, so I think I'll take a short nap then take the dogs out for a walk. Yesterday I just went by Aldi for a few things, and we stopped at Wendy's - I had a coupon for free chili, and the girls got their Frosties, which they love. I need to get a video of them getting all excited as I approach the car, Frosties in hand, and send it to Wendy's Corporate - maybe they can do a commercial and earn their keep! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I got the downstairs floors washed and polished last night - just having that one chore done makes a big difference on how much better the house looks. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Today is litterbox scrubbing day, and I'm going to try and get some tidying up done; I guess I can safely put away the fleece sheets and heavy comforter, although I'll stick with flannel sheets a while longer, since the nights are chilly. I'm also planning to take some bags to the missions closet this week, so maybe I can find some more things to part with. On the one hand I enjoy shopping for new clothes; on the other, quality clothing is hard to find anymore, so I'm hesitant about parting with things that are made well.

Sleeping 'till noon is pretty normal around here, Jean - and the kitties are trained to leave Meowmy alone until she gets up, although sometimes Gideon will start poking me in the eye if he doesn't want just the kibble that's out. I always say I could easily be a morning person - if morning began at noon!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hello friends and readers!! Welcome busygirl! It is beautiful here too - had to turn on the AC in the bedroom again because when I'm moving around doing stuff I am sweating. Some people don't mind that but I am not one of them. Smiley Happy So I just take showers and live under the fan in the bedroom with my little AC unit on.

I colored my hair and just combed it in here and there and it turned out exactly the way I wanted it - love it when that happens. DH had to help a tiny bit - something to giggle about!

I slept late and did not get up in time for church. I turned on TV to see if they were still running Walking Dead marathon and it was at the part about 10min before when I turned it off last night! So I got to catch up on a lot I haven't seen, which was very nice.

No shopping on my radar. I let go of a cute pair of shoes that hurt my feet after all day long in them. I think if I do any shopping it will likely be some cute work/walking shoes. Forgive me if I said that before. I need some with a little more support. Will have to look around - can't bring myself to try any from Q with all that shipping and no sales.

I hope Mr Sun heads your way soon and makes all the flowers bloom again. All our trees are budding and beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Great way to start the week! A boost to the hair color can really help. I'm sure that you will find the right work or walking shoes. Sometimes, it takes a little patience to find the right pair in the brand you prefer. If it is a line that you know well and you know the sizing usually works, Amazon often carries great lines of shoes with free shipping. I have Clarks sandals and boots which are carried on QVC but also on Amazon with a significant difference in the final cost.

Arlene--You have the kitties well trained; in my case, Midnight has me trained. As a result, I'm amazed he didn't get me up at 4:30am. I just wonder if it was because I was so out of it that he couldn't get me up. Enjoy your sunny and warm weather. I really wish you hadn't mentioned a Frosty. It has been a long time since I have had one. I don't know that I would give Midnight mine; as it would be gone by the time I drove 50 miles from the nearest Wendys to home.

I just had the Outback's crispy chicken cobb salad for a late lunch. Whenever I eat there on a Saturday, I get one of these to have on Sunday. I use my AARP card there, and yesterday I saved $6 on my total order.