Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Sunday, March 11th

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  And Happy Day Light Savings.  Hope everyone is energized today, I know most of us lost one hours sleep.

We are having a sunny, but, very cold morning.  I won't complain too much, we don't have any snow and we do have power.  We seem to have dodged the problems that most have had in the east.  We have had over a foot of rain this year, but I will take that over shoveling snow.

Marijane - Glad to hear you got your power back, hope is stays on for you.  

Linda - Hope DH is doing well today.

Bernie - Hope you are feeling better today.

Twinny - Hope your PT is coming along.  I must have missed why you are having it, but hope you are feeling better.

Not much going on here today, I have a few things to go shop for but then I really need to start decluttering again.  I do have a stack of "stuff" to donate to the cat trap, spay/neuter, and release yard sale.  I hope to add even more this week.

Off to do something constructive, have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Sunday, March 11th

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Great minds think alike as I had already posted the thread. No sweat! I went back and deleted mine which had been posted 4 minutes earlier, probably when you checked and didn't see it so while youi composed, I posted mine. I agree with you about the weather. This is what I had posted:

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day and we are now in Daylight Savings Time. This makes for a great day for me.

I am energetic today and have spent time sorting, shredding and filling the donation box. I take these sorting and donating efforts in spurts, so I am not consisent with it. This is a great time to ask the question "Do I love the item? or "How many black tops or pants do I have?" "When did I last use that?"

So far this month, with the return of the earrings, I have spent zero on QVC and Amazon purchases have been needs. Last March, I spent $524 on Q purchases Of those, one item was a $59 fitness product which didn't work for me so it went to donation after trying to convince myself it was going to work. One item was something by Roberta's which was ok until I forgot to have it watered while gone so it didn't flourish in containers The rest of t he items I am still using, including some Ultrafine silver, a FitBit, a Lug bag and Vionic sandals (2 pair).

I am being very careful in evaluating purchasing needs versus wants. If it still works, I don't need the updated FitBit, the current TSV (have 3 of these chairs), sandals, etc. The money can be applied to travel or a purchase of something needed or wanted that falls in the "I don't have it" category. Travel, of course, is a biggie

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely..

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Susan @PAlady and Jean @KonaKat

I saw both threads out here and was just sitting on my hands until one of them disappeared.  I couldn't chose one or the other, felt like I would be picking a favorite Woman LOL  That and it becomes difficult for the author of a thread to delete it once other people have posted on it.

I was organizing and filing bills the other day.  My VISA bill included 2 charges in February, one from JCP, which I remembered clearly and the other from QVC.  I totally forgot about the pretty Or Paz earrings that I bought as a LTS.  I said to myself - Bernie why in the heck did you buy the Bonanza silver hoops (which I ended up returning anyway) when you had a new pair of Or Paz hoops?

I think part of the problem is that I store my sterling in a really nice PreZerve portfolio (that QVC no longer sells)

Image result for prezerve jewelry portfolio red

Of course I close it so it doesn't look sloppy and sometimes I forget to look in it for jewelry choices when I am dressing in the morning.

At first I thought, shazam, the solution is to go over to HSN and get a couple of Colleen Lopez' sterling silver boxes with the clear lids.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the solution was more simple.  Instead of keeping the portfolio off to the side, just plop the thing on top of the beautiful jewelry box I bought from the Q a couple of years ago for my fashion jewelry. Image result for mele empress jewelry box qvc

When I get ready to accessorize, I will have to physically move the portfolio off the jewelry box lid which, theoretically, should have me eyeballing my silver first.

Sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of me.  Best part - not costing me a plug nickle.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I also spent an inordinate amount of time looking at the Fly London Big Deal on QVC2.  I like the mustard color and navy color.  I walked over to my closet and looked at the shelf of newer shoes that I bought last summer and fall and said to myself, really?

Shoes are a weakness for me and I managed to get a grip on myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I have a similar jewelry case "Flip & Dazzle" that organizes my sterling jewelry. Then I have a 'ring and earring' tree that I use for frequently used jewelry. The problem is that one is out of sight and thus out of mind as the "tree" is so convenient. Pizzazz Bridal Beaded Ring Jewelry Catcher HolderTree  @Amazon.

jewelrytree.JPG                                                                                                        

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/23/c7/c4/23c7c41dee6ea337aaf972e9b339d399.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the great graphic.

I have a couple of big boxes filled with items for donation. I think I deserve a reading break.

I'll be working every day this week as well as Monday and Tuesday of next week. Wednesday, I take my beloved mouser to the vet for boarding and then will pack. Thursday is lift off day. Time passes quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started Susan and Jean.  Glad you didn't lose power like Marijane.  Hope that hers remains on even if there is another storm in her area.  As you probably know, we don't have Daylight Savings Time here in Arizona.  However, now there are three hours difference between here and the East Coast (home for me).  Thanks for your wishes about DH.  He was very sleepy again yesterday, so I'm hoping he will be more awake when I visit this afternoon.

As usual, you are doing a great job with your shopping, Jean.  I have cut back this year, but there is still room for improvement.  One great positive is that my weekly financial review is shortened since there are fewer charges to include. 

Sounds like you will be very busy prior to your trip and then during your trip. Almost seems like you will need a vacation after your vacation.  I know that happened a lot when I was working.  While I like the TSV and some other items that have been presented, they are things that I can definitely live without.  It is so hot and sunny here in the summer (which usually lasts for six months or so) that I just don't sit outside in the sun.  The little shade provided would be insufficient for me.  

Glad you were able to find a different solution for storing your jewelry where it is not difficult to find, Bernie.  I am always happy when I come up with a no-cost solution to an issue I'm having.

Thanks for the nice graphic meallen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!  

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I may well need a vacation after the vacation and work combined. We have the red-eye which gets into London sometime before 6am. I do not sleep on planes so I'll be in "fine" shape to put in time looking around the area before we can check in the hotel. The UK's Daylight Savings doesn't start until the last Sunday of March so it will change while we are there.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  We just changed time here, you are going to a different time zone that will be changing when you get there?

Thought of this song by Chicago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBuUUBrC9eQ