Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Sunday, Feb. 11th)

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I am having a typical Sunday morning here, very quiet.  I do have some shopping to do but, the stores don't open until 11:00.  So here I wait for them to open.  I did get my checkbook done so that is one thing off my list.

Our weather is dreary today, misty and cloudy.  I guess I should not complain, we could be hit with a snow storm or ice.  

Linda - Hope DH is doing well today.  

Charlene  - Thank you for the kind words yesterday.  It is very quiet around here now.  

Bernie - How much snow did you get yesterday.  I may have to get the shovel you speak so highly of.

Well off to do one more constructive thing before I go out shopping.

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Sunday, Feb. 11th)

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. It is good that I checked again before hitting "post." I'm sure you will get several constructive things done today, including wise shopping.

This is what I had planned to post:

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a rainy and thus a dreary day, but I will attempt to make my own sunshine.

I went to the city yesterday to get my hair cut and pick up some needed groceries and some OTC meds, as well as items for Midnight. It was a good outing despite looking at the rising waters. So far, so good with no flooding locally.

I did pick my 3 pair of Denim & Co. capris A288103 which I ordered at the pre-Spring fashion price of $18+ each down from the $40+ price. They fit but it is good that I read the "click here" .measurements as they run small compared to the D&C pants I have ordered in the past. I used to order D&C all the time for pants, capris etc. but switched to QF which I now like better.

I broke my sunglasses yesterday, a pair I had worn for over two years. I replaced them with the Johnathan Paul sunglasses offered this morning. I am still within my QVC budget for the month.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Sorry your weather is dreary, but glad you aren't having storms/ice.  Glad you got your checkbook done.

Hi Jean.  Happy the capris fit -- good thing you checked the measurements.  Sorry that you broke your sunglasses, but glad you have new ones on the way.  I keep at least one extra pair of sunglasses at all times -- very much a need here since it is sunny so much of the time.  They are predicting rain this week, and our area really needs rain.  With the winds yesterday, at least two fires were burning yesterday.  Fortunately, it is not so windy today.  

DH was doing pretty well yesterday -- his eyes were bothering him a bit, but I think they were okay after I worked on them. 

I'm back from church where they had "Golden Sunday" -- in addition to the regular service, they invited all couples married for at least 50 years to renew their vows.  There were almost 70 couples who did so, and one had been married for 70 years.  Pretty impressive.

I'll be going to the gym soon, and I'll visit DH later.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PAlady  Susan, I've lost track, lol.  It seems all I've been doing is shoveling.  I think I got around 5-6 inches on Friday.  Would say another 2-4 came yesterday.  This morning the snow missed us - got freezing rain instead.  I just came in from shoveling.  Because I shoveled at arouns 10 am yesterday, there was about an inch (when it didn't drift) of snow that was glazed over with ice (like a candied apple). Of course, the city plow came through last night and there was a tightly packed mound o'snow at the end of my driveway.

Sign  - it's done and I put done paw friendly pet melt so no one will fall down.  I think I will end up feeling it tonight or tomorrow.

The problem was where to throw it at the end of the driveway.  Can't fling it back into the street and the snow humps on either side of the driveway were getting pretty tall.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I do hope you get the badly needed rain, and that DH is able to get his soft foods diet, as well as enjoying your visits. 70 years of marriage is truly remarkable.

I've just finished booking my England activities, etc. It now sounds more real as the date will soon come and we will be off. I'm not much of a last minute planner  when it comes to major trips. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  I'm glad the new capris worked out and it's good you checked the measurements.  Any time cotton is part of the fabric you always have to allow for some shrinkage over time.

My exciting spending this morning was a 2-pack of Cholest Off plus from Amazon - whoo hoo, lol.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  I hope that you get more than one day of a nice gentle rain.  I don't like a hard rain after long periods of no rain because it just runs off the ground and into the streets/sewer here.  I prefer a day long gentle rain.  

70 years of marriage is very impressive.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I have that Cholestoff from Amazon but have you heard about the effect of eating 4  Brazil nuts once a month on cholesterol? Apparently, it has a dramatic reduction in cholesterol and lasts up to a month.

https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/03/24/four-brazil-nuts-once-a-month/

When I read that this doctor was indulging in these nuts just in case, I decided to order them from Amazon:

http://drjohnday.com/could-4-brazil-nuts-be-the-best-cholesterol-lowering-drug/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you kidding me Jean @KonaKat ?

Well........the Cholestoff Plus is on it's way. 

I'm going to pick up brazil nuts the next time I go to the store. 

I wonder if I should buy them in the shell and then crack 'em fresh.

I like nuts and it would be a breeze for me to incorporate 4 nuts as a snack once a month. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama I decided to down 4 of the Brazil nuts once a month as I like nuts also. Time will tell as the good doctor and cardiologist said plus Brazil nuts are heart healthy.