Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Sunday, Dec. 23, 2019)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I haven't written much, but I have been reading.  On Nov. 19, Dh had a stroke and then a heart attack in the hospital ( he is doing well, you really can not tell anything happened).  he is doing speech therapy and occupational therapy and will soon finish physical therapy.  Unless you really know him you would not notice a difference in his speech.  To top all of this off, my mother had back surgery at the beginning of December and did not recoup as quickly as we thought she would.  She is home and doing well, but the doctor did not tell us some of the problems that may happen.  So we are working thru that.  She is up and walking, but recouping slowly.  

I am as ready as I will ever be for Christmas, and I am sticking to that. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

We have to run around to my moms and sil today and hope to be home by 2:00 or 3:00.  We will see how this goes.  

What is everyone up to today??

Have a good morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Sunday, Dec. 23, 2019)

Hi Susan @PAlady  thanks for starting the thread today.  I'm so glad to read the encouraging news about your beloved.  I hope that your mother makes a full recovery from her back surgery.  Slow progress is better than no progress Woman Happy

My niece mentioned to my middle sister (last Sunday) that we were invited to Christmas Eve dinner.  We bought the honey baked ham.  I haven't heard anything regarding estimated arrival time so I texted niece this morning.  I'm waiting for a response from her.  This last minute kind of stuff grates me just a little, lol, however I will not lose my Christmas Spirit over it Woman Very Happy

I have a couple of gifts to wrap and then I'll do all my dusting.  I'll mop the floors later on in the day.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@PAlady  You have had a challenging time recently.  I'm happy your husband is on the mend.  You have a great attitude!  I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas and a less eventful New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad your DH and Mom are on the mend, but sorry they and you had to go through those trials.  I keep hearing about the combination stroke/heart attacks happening, and fortunately most affected seem to get through both and go back to "normal" after therapy and time.  Good that you are ready for Christmas, and that you have such a good attitude.

HI Bernie.  How frustrating about the invitation.  I ran into one of my neighbors at Wal-Mart a while back, and she asked me what I was doing for Christmas.  When I said nothing, she said that I would be invited to their regular Christmas Eve party, and she would come by and talk to me about it.  The same thing happened last year, and she didn't call me until the day before or day of the party.  I wasn't feeling well, and declined the invite.  Not sure what I'll do if she does the same thing this year.  It is a potluck sort of affair, and I don't have anything ready to go.  So frustrating.

I'm off to church now, and plan to go to the gym later.  In the end, I resisted purchasing the JAI jewelry.  It looked nice and was on "sale", but I decided that I really do have enough jewelry for now and would rather spend the money on something else or even save it.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. You certain have had some family health challenges which can be compounded by the stress of the holiday season. It sounds as if they are on the mend so things will soon stabilize.

Bernie--Some people function with last minute decisions and that makes it frustrating for those who like to plan more than one event.

=

Linda--Enjoy the Jai jewelry. I am sorry that you are again put in a frustrating decision about the invitation. People do have to plan ahead.

I'm watching In The Kitchen With David to see Meredith Lawrence's last appearance. I always liked her. I have no idea what my niece is doing for Christmas but she usually chooses to work at the hospital so those with big families that like to get together can do so. I'm meeting a friend on the 26th but otherwise, it is just another day here. I may avoid any of the "jolly ho ho's" in any form including boards until things return to normal as I don't indulge.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Back from church to a voice mail message from my neighbor.  I am invited to her Christmas dinner tomorrow.  She doesn't want me to bring anything, but said a bottle of wine would be fine.  So, wine it is.

I can relate to your lack of excitement about the "ho ho ho's, Jean."   After tomorrow's party, I have no plans to get together with anyone until my exercise class and senior lunch program on the 31st.  Hope you enjoy the time with your friend on the 26th.  I did not purchase any JAI jewelry, but I did think about it.

Did they say were Meredith is going or why she is leaving?  I always enjoyed her, but I have to admit that I have not watched cooking shows in a very long time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--This is the thread dealing with Meredith Lawrence's leaving, including her statement giving the reasons:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/Blue-Jean-Chef-leaving-QVC/td-p/5100969

MidnightChristmasCard.PNG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Jean.  Hope she enjoys the change.  Thanks also for your Christmas greetings

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really put my all into the few gifts that I needed to wrap.  I was singing Christmas songs to myself while Grayson just looked at me like I was a crazy person Woman Very Happy

The dusting is done, all floors done but the kitchen.  I just need to hit the toilets with some Lysol bowl cleaner (I'm freakish about clean toilets) and mop the kitchen floor (after I settle my birds for the night).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Remember the Little Giant High Step Stool I bought from the Q., I finally unboxed it today and it has found a storage home in the house. Tomorrow, I plan to tackle some high up chores. V35736.  There are 54 reviews with an average of almost 5. I did odds and ends around the house today. I just don't do much housework or major chores when working. It is called being too tired when I get home to tackle more.