Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Sunday, Dec. 20th)

Good moring ladies, hope all is well.

We are getting some snow this morning, guess we are supposed to get 1-3 inches.  Not looking forward to that, we just got a path made for the dog to walk in.  Her progress is not as good as we hoped.  She is still hobbleing around on 3 legs and not using the leg she had surgery on.  We go tomorrow to get her stitches out and talk to the vet.  I don't like the way you have to sit in the car and they take the dog in and then the vet tech comes out and speaks to you.  I feel you miss things that you would pick up watching the exam. Oh well, hopefully that changes in the near future.

Can not believe it five days until Chirstmas, it seems like it was just Labor Day.   I have to figure out what I need to finish for Christmas, I think I am done, but you know how that goes.

Well off to get my morning rolling, what is everyone up to today?

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Sunday, Dec. 20th)

Susan @PAlady  You just described one of my worst nightmares - taking my pet and telling me to stay in place.  It's been many years since I've visited a veterinarian with a pet so I don't know if the things I used to do would be allowed - pandemic or not.  I've been present while an ultrasound was going on, I've held my dog during x-rays because they were short on techs and my dog was calmer when I was there, you get the idea.  Unless it was surgery or a teeth cleaning, wherever Max went, I went too.

Bless her heart, her little leg probably aches alot from the surgery.  If she'll allow it, maybe they can recommend some kind of gentle stretching exercises that you can do with her (when she's laying down).  I wonder if warm compresses would loosen the joint.

I have no experience with ACL injuries so I'm just spitballing here.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. My vet had discontinued the "curbside" service but has now put it back into effect now that the virus is raging in the area. It definitely makes it difficult to be with a pet when you have to surrender it at curbside. 

It is dreary here with rain. I won't be going anywhere until Tuesday when I have the appointment with the urologist to determine the date to do the cancer followup. At least, it is only once a year now. The monthly grocery pick up at Walmart in the city went well yesterday, so I am stocked for whatever weather may bring.

My fun chore for the day is to remove everything from the kitchen cabinets, box it up, clean cabinets and then restore only those things that need to be there. I may only get the items removed as I don't feel the best from not getting a good night's sleep. What I got was good but I awakened at the usual 5am after going to bed later than usual so I am short 2 hours of sleep. It is hard for me to be motivated in dreary weather.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today the weather is nasty with snow, rain and freeze warnings. UGH!!! I have to buy the "special" Christmas cards so I'm stressing. I guess that will be tomrrow unless this storm and temps turn a bit warmer. I haven't been this far behind on cards in years. 

Palady--I'll keep my fingers crossed for your dog. That new procedure that they have at the vet's office is very uncomfortable for both the owner and the dog. Neither of our dogs wanted to go with the vet tech. It was horrid telling them it was okay and not being with them. Hopefully, once the stitches are removed she'll be able to try her leg  a bit. They just might feel like they're pulling on that skin/bone. There isn't any fat to cushion back there.

I have had the cleaning of the kitchen cabinets shleves and drawers on my post it  note for so long that I just tossed the note. I had planned on attempting the task when I cleared out the pot & pan drawers for the new cookware required for the new range. That didn't happen. Ha ha!!   Now....I figure it will be after Christmas as I our grandson told me that he's buying me a skillet. That's my plan. Crossing my fingers.

I received the last of the orders for presents yesterday. The pj's I had ordered 11/7 finally arrived. (shipped from Canada?) Half of the packages that arrived this week did not have invoices inside or a useful return label on the box. I'm not sure if I'll atempt to return the pj's in the incorrect size or not. If I do, it will be in January. 

Today I hope to solve the problem with one of the prelit trees on the front porch. I had to restring the lights on both trees. I put new BL battery lights on them on sensor mode and we were fine. Now the last two days one tree is only blinking green. UGH!! I thought I had it fixed yesterday but NOT! I checked it at 10P and it fine multi blinking. I checked it at midnight and it was just green. I think I have some problem between the tree light sensor and the solar light in the planter.I'm making one last attempt this morning and hopefully I will resolve the issue. (Nothing is a simple problem....)

Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Sorry you are having an issue with your Christmas lights. I also like the multi-color that shows multi all at one time, and I have had in the past the type that rotates type of colored lighting. I no longer deal with Christmas lighting or decorations of any type. I do agree that they are beautiful. 

As far as cleaning the kitchen cabinets, I'm still in the process. I got interrupted when I discovered I had not put all my batteries in the battery organizer. Then I remembered that I had yet to put out the bait trap, something triggered by the gloves I keep in the kitchen and also use when putting out the bait traps. I have a nasty habit of doing things when seeing a reminder that something needs done, so the original goal is put aside to get the other things done while I think of it. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Sorry about your weather, and hope things go okay at the vets tomorrow.  I know it would be very difficult to sit in a car and have your pet taken for treatment -- DD certainly doesn't like it one bit.  Very sorry your dog isn't making more progress.  I'll be so happy when things get back to more normal.  But, I know that is probably months away.  

Hi Bernie.  I can certainly imagine you staying close by your pet when you took one to the vets.  I remember times when they had me help with getting my dogs to stay on the table, etc.  Some were okay, but others would try ti jump off, which was very dangerous.

Sorry you didn't get enough rest last night, Jean.  I am in the same boat for the same reason.  I didn't get to bed until late, and got up at my regular time.  Oh well....  I may take a short nap later.  Good luck with your cleaning and decuttering work in the cabinets.  I am the same way about getting side-tracked.  I try not to beat myself up about it, but I do frustrate myself.

Hi Fressa.   Sorry your weather isn't nice, and you had the Christmas light problem.  I have had some weird problems this year with my battery operated lights.  I put them on timers, but some suddenly turn on in the morning or afternoon rather than in the evening.  Those are indoors, so I just turn them off, but....  I can't believe those pajamas took so long to be delivered.  Was that from the Q?

My elderly neighbor (91 year old widow) called yesterday evening and talked and talked.  She had fallen again, and had trouble getting up.  She refuses to wear a medical alert, and didn't have her cell phone with her.  Anyway, she is in quite a mess.  I really wish she would consider moving to a senior apartment or hiring someone to come in to help her.  But, she doesn't want anyone there because she is afraid of the virus.  Her daughters do not live anywhere near here, and I am sure they have tried and tried to get her to accept assistance, but....

My ceiling fan/light was delivered by Amazon this morning.  Pretty heavy box, which I put in the living room for my handyman to put up Wednesday morning.  Meanwhile, the tumbler I ordered (like Jean's) came yesterday (very early), and I am trying it out today.  Hopefully, it will keep my tea warm.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan. Its too bad that you are getting more snow after shoveling a path for your 🐕🐕.  Hopefully she will be feeling better after the stitches come out.  It must be stressful for you when you can't take your dog into the Vet clinic.  I am like a baby when I have to get my infusion & my DH is out in the parking garage or outside on the cement slab outside of the hospital.  It's a clinic in the Capitol City with great Dr.'s & nurses, but it is scary for me.  Even though it's been a nasty year,  it has gone fast.  

Bird Mama, hi to you too.  I am sure that you enjoyed being at the Vet with your dog too. There is something the unknown.

fressa. Sorry you are getting nasty weather.  We might get rain on Wednesday, but right now we are enjoying the ❄❄❄.  We haven't had a White Christmas for a few years.  It looks like you are about ready for Christmas.  Enjoy your new skillet.  Hopefully you will be able to fix the Christmas lights soon 

Linda L, I am sorry to hear about your elderly neighbor.  Good luck with getting the ceiling fan/light installed this week.  Hopefully your new tumbler will keep things hot.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

I am happy to report that we are ready for a nice quiet Christmas for two.  It's been a busy week with writing Christmas cards.  I did just 20 this year, but I always write in them. Each message is a bit different as everybody has a different circumstance going on in their lives.

The gifts for our three dgc were wrapped on Friday and then yesterday we met them at KFC near there house.  Thank goodness for heated seats and a great heater.  Eldest dgs didn't wear a coat, next dgs had on shorts and our dgd was dressed for a nice winter day.  They all liked what they got.  They all wanted books.  Which was nice.  The jeans for dgs #2 were liked, dgs #1 wanted warm socks and our dgd was impressed with her new cookbook.  Of course they can't wait to spend their $$ & eat the goodies in their stockings.  They gave us a beautiful Christmas card and a generous gift for for Culver's which is our fave.

We told them that we would pay for a drive thru lunch at KFC,  so they followed us thru the drive thru.  I ordered for us & told the guy that we were paying for the Van behind us.  When I went to pay, the guy said it was FREE!  He said that the person two cars in front of us was paying for the next three cars in line.  I told him that we had planned to pay for our dgc & he said don't tell them that we all got a free lunch.  We have done this in a few restaurants, but not a drive thru restaurant.  We will be paying it back.  

Lunch was a McDonalds drive thru and I had a bbq rib sandwich.  I haven't had one in years & it was so yummy 😋😋😋.  It was advertised on t.v. last night while my DH was watching a 🏈🏈🏈 game.

The hot tub felt so good today.  

Hugs to all of you.