Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Sunday, 3/27)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

We are having snow again today, it snows then it stops long enough to melt off the roads.  I am ready for Spring and want this snow to just leave.

We went and did a walk thru on the house last night, it looks differnet with out the furniture in it.  There were things we did not remember about it.  The owners left all the basement furniture there, this means we will probably leave what is in ours if the next owner wants it.  I hope they do.  

Linda - Glad to hear that your DD's having good luck looking in SC.  What area are they moving to?  Not sure if I asked that before.  I hope they have a fast sell up here so they can purchase down there.  

Not much happening here, I do need to start working on a few things here.  I hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Sunday, 3/27)

Hi Everyone!

It's snowing and cold aain today. So far, it's melting on the driveway but sticking to the grass. I sure hope it stays that way so I can avoid muddy paws for a day or two. 

PAlady---What a furniture surprise! It's a good thing that you did a walk thru sooner than later. I purchased a home years ago and they left all the furniture on the third floor. It was full of huge antique furniture that was so heavy to move anywhere else in the house. What at a nice option to have with furniture. 

The Cubi Jr arrived on Friday and I like it. I put it under the computer desk so it will get plenty of use there and I won't trip over it. LOL

I also received the Kim Gravel TSV tops and I am very pleased with them. I like the material and cut of the top. There's some breathing room and they feel nice against the skin. The neckline is good--not to high or low. YIPPEE!

I've been trying to use the e gift card that our grandson gave to me. What an ordeal. I have called six different cs numbers and no help. So disappointing. I'll play around with it more on laundry day. Did anyone ever use an ecard from CashStar? 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, it's cold here too, but the sunshine feels good in the house.   March came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion.  I think I heard the meteorologist say a mixture of rain/ snow mid week.  What a surprise to find the extra furniture in the  basement.  When my mom built her new house, she asked the new owners if they wanted the pool table and they said yes.  Thank goodness as it was heavy.  Good luck with your moving in day.  

Fressa, have fun with your cubi.  Probably a good idea to put it under your computer desk.  I am very careful about where we put things so I don't trip over them too.  I have never used an e gift card.  I am clueless about them.  I am glad that you like the KG tops.  I haven't tried her clothing line yet.  If I lived near the outlet stores, I would like to see what they look like.  I miss going to the different QVC outlet stores. 

Linda, you are so right about me not liking 90° this early in the season.  It suffocates me here in the summer time.  Every year in June, I beg my dh to drop me off in AK for 3 months.  We both had/have classmates that went to AZ, TX and FL, but they fled in March.  Lol.

We went to Taco Bell for lunch. Their cheesy nacho fries are my weakness.  It's a good thing they only have them a few times a year.

I have no plans for today except to start reading one of the books that I just got from our library & enjoying the sunshine coming in the picture window.   I am getting sluggish and look forward to my infusion tomorrow.

Our eldest dgs lives 3 blocks from my infusion center so we are taking him to Noodles and Co for lunch.   I can't wait to hear about his internship job with Culver's this summer.  He worked hard doing interviews online and received several other offers.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Interesting about the furniture in the basement.  I hope the new owners want yours.  I had a nice kitchen table that the new owners of my Maryland house wanted.  That was a relief.  DD and family are planning to move to the Columbia, SC area.  

I had a funny experience when we purchased this house.  The real estate agent set up an inspection for us with the previous owners inspector, and he was very nice.  We had only seen the house a couple of times before deciding to purchase it, and didn't realize there was no dishwasher until the inspector said that he could not check it since there was none.  Since dishwashing by hand is one of my least favorite jobs (I know others prefer it, but....), I made it my business to find a contractor to modify the cabinet and plumber to install one.  

Hi Fressa.  I have used QVC and other e gift cards, but I have never heard of CashStar.  I hope you can get some help to use it.  Glad the Cubi and KG tops are winners.  

Hope your infusion goes well tomorrow, Glenda.  Also hope you have a nice lunch with your DGS. 

One of my friends suddenly decided she wanted to go to my church today, and we met there and then went to lunch.  Lunch was outdoors -- warm, but not bad since there was a nice awning and breeze.  Very quiet since we were the only ones there for most of the time.  She is older than me -- very opinionated and outspoken, plus very sensitive.  At lunch she told me the same stories about when she first came to the U.S. (late 50's) for at least the fifth time.  I certainly didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I am hoping we can move on the next time we meet.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda