Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (September 5th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We finally got our rain, I can't complain I think we did need a little. 

We had a party on Sunday and the weather cooperated with us, yesterday was a beautiful day but I didn't get to enjoy it much.  I was a little off on Sunday and ended up with a stomach bug yesterday.  Glad it was worse yesterday and not Sunday.

Not much going on today, I have a bunch of stuff to take to a moving company.  They are taking a 53' trailer to a small town in Texas that was hit by the hurricane.  The owner of the company has relatives there, guess it has a population of around 2,000 there.  So I leave in about an hour to drop stuff off.  

I think today may be a decluttering day, I have had the itch for a couple days now.  Nothing dramatic, just the basics.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend and this week meets you with a smile.

Have a good morning everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (September 5th)

This is my neighborhood today,

Related imageImage result for have a nice day images

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Good luck on your decluttering efforts. Strike while the mood is right for it. The rain keeping you inside is also a great aide in getting inside stuff done.

meallen--Thanks for the cute graphic School has been open here since the second week of August. We are required to make up all weather days, etc. that interfere with instruction so the early start helps us to avoid the problems of snow days as we have days built into the calendar later to take care of them. If we have no days out, we will be out the last week of May; if we have to use some days then it can go up to June 8.

We are having horrible storms and torrential downpours right now. I'll get productive later doing some decluttering also. Right now, I'm keeping an eye on Irma. I go to Puerto Rico in November. Puerto Rico has not had a major hurrcane since the 1930's.  Hurricanes normally go north or are of low intensity.  There are other islands in its path, so our prayers are with them.

The director of Puerto Rico's power company predicted that storm damage could leave some areas of the U.S. territory without electricity for four to six months.But "some areas will have power  (back) in less than a week," Ricardo Ramos told radio station Notiuno 630 AM.

Puerto Rico is the island to the left with the partial cloud cover; Irma is to the right.

Irma.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Sorry you got the stomach bug, but I'm glad you had a nice party on Sunday.  Nice that the moving company is helping people in Texas, and you are contributing.  Good luck with the de-cluttering.  I still have plenty to do, but I am finally seeing a little less crowding in my closet.  

Cute graphic, meallen.  I understand the schools in Maryland go back today -- there was a law passed to go back to the "old days" as far as the school calender goes.  But, my grands are past the high school days, and college started in mid-August.

The weather in your area sounds pretty bad, Jean, and the predictions for Puerto Rico sound frightening to say the least.  I really hope that the island is not too badly affected, and your trip in November is fun.

I went to bed early and got up early to read for a while.  I'm leaving for my walk soon.  Today is my senior lunch program day, and I plan to go to the gym later.  Then I will visit DH. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, so far a nice sunny day here but that's supposed to change later on tomrain and strong storms......we had rain all day Sunday.   GLad your get together was ok Susan and your stomach was not that bad that day.....hope you are feeling better.

Meallen cute graphic, the kids here went back last week...seemed like a quick summer to me.

Looks like the hurricane is getting stronger but I hope it turns out to sea for everyone in it's path....

Not much going here...I have started putting my summer clothes away a little at a time,I know we will get back to summer in a few weeks..it's last hurrah...before the dreaded cold!

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--A few things at a time gets t he decluttering done. Like you, I hope the hurricane changes its path but it doesn't look promising.   

Linda--Enjoy your morning walk. You are so dedicated about getting in your exerise.

I'm watching the Denim & Co show as I haven't seen it for a while. I really don't need anything, but......

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I decided to order the Denim & Co. fleece jacket that was offered this morning. I used to have one from Bob Mackie that I wore when I didn't need a heavier jacket or coat, so hopefully this will work.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been surprisingly busy at work for the first day after a holiday weekend.  Boy did we get some rain yesterday.  I knew something was up when the trees started bouncing in the wind.  The rain was pretty heavy and steady and the earth and plantlife drank it right in.  We had a little rain this morning while I was driving to work.

Considering Harvey, Irma and whatever the one after Irma will be named, I am not complaining.  My heart breaks for those who lost it all in Harvey and I am concerned for those locking it down for Irma. 

Here in Michigan we get a heavy rain that may flood a basement once in a decade or so.  There are particular counties that I consider a tornado alley - Lenawee, Washtenaw and Livingston.  I don't live in any of these.

These hurricanes and tropical storms are so unpredictable - I've be a nervous wreck.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I live in an area relatively free of weather extremes. Big rains and flooding are our usual culprits. I don't think anyone can fully comprehend the extent of these natural disasters until involved in one. We can sense what it is like from images on  TV, reports of people, etc. but there is nothing like personal experience. I don't think anyone anticipated the double whammy which now appears to be a possible triple one with Jose following the path of Irma.

I personally remember  the infamous WV floods of decades ago. I was in Atlanta when my mother called and said it was beginning to rain. When I flew back, I looked at the area of Virginia/West Virginia and saw water everywhere in the valleys. When I landed, I had to stay in a hotel for a week before I could go home. I watched National Guard trucks leave and return from assignments related to the flood. When I did get to my home town, I still couldn't get the car to the house. I had to walk around a hill and down  it to my house as the road to the house was still blocked.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I am glad that your party was a good one & that your sickness held off a day.  I declutter often because I don't like to sit & look at a mess.

Meallen. Great graphic.  I am glad that those days are behind us. Now my dd & dsil can enjoy it!

Marijane. We had rain after lunch on Sunday, but Friday, Saturday & yesterday were beautiful.  Today is near & 80°, so my DH & I went to Gloucester, MA.  it was a good thing that we went first thing this morning because schools start tomorrow & it got busy.  The beach was nice.

We are back to our son's.  We are expecting rain tonight & tomorrow so it will be rest up day while the kid's are working tomorrow.  

We are heading back up to ME on Thursday morning & heading back here on Friday night.  I am NOT "seafooded" yet!

Jean, sorry that you are getting heavy rain.  Hopefully Irma will stay out at sea.

Bird Mama, a busy day at works might be a good thing.

Linda, enjoy your upcoming trip.  I can't remember you leave.

Our 2 youngest grands started school today & our Jr. dgs starts tomorrow.  I can't believe that he is that old already.

Hugs to all of you.