Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Saturday, March 7th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Not much happening today.  I do need to go to the Post Office and return a couple things.  I am debating about going and doing a little shopping.  Around this area, some weekend days no one is out or the whole town is shopping.  

We are supposed to get some nice weather today, it is still cloudy but the sun is supposed to make an appearance.

Jean - Hope Midnight is doing well.  

Charlene - Glad to hear DH is doing well.  I am keeping both of you in my thoughts.

Bernie - Love the shirts you posted.  I am to the point I need to go and try clothing on.  I have no luck anymore ordering, I seem to send it back more than keep the items.

Linda - I am jealous of your weather.  We are supposed to hit the 50's and a day in the 60's next week, but I am ready for Spring.   Of course I have this feeling we will be getting a couple more snow storms here.  And of course, it will be when my Weeping Cherry tree has blooms on it.  Happens almost every year.

Well off to the Post Office, hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Saturday, March 7th)

Good Morning Susan @PAlady   The sun is shining brightly in my part of SE Michigan but it remains pretty cold out there.  The stainless steel water bowl for the birds and squirrel was frozen over Woman Surprised

I've shopped JCP for so long it's rare something doesn' fit me.  I have a tendency to stay with the St John's Bay, Worthington and Liz Claiborne lines.

In the spirit of shopping wisely, I gave more thought to the drapey gray skirt that I featured yesterday.  It's 92% poly and 8% spandex and even though I won't be rolling around on the ground in it Woman Very Happy  the first thought that came to mind was SNAGS.  

I ended up ordering 2 pair of the athletic pants, the green striped bow tie top and the gray cozy knit tee.  I need to be realistic about what I'm going to wear.  Wow, if this was the old days when I worked in the office 5 days a week I'd be going nuts right now.  By the time I retired we were working remotely a couple of days a week.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, we are having a beautiful  🌞🌞🌞 50's day and 60's tomorrow. Now if it never got hotter than that all summer, I would be so happy.  I need to try clothing and especially shoes on before I buy them too.

Bird Mama, after getting groceries yesterday morning and going to the gym after lunch, we ventured to a JCP 22 miles down the road in IL.  When we walked in the door I saw a cute top with a $14.99 on the sign only to read the fine print which said on up.  The top went back on the rack because it was $49.99. 

We are soon heading out to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary a week early with my bf and her dh for lunch at the Pizza Ranch where we will meet our dd and 2 dgs's. 

Next week had a few conflicting things going on, so after having a nice lunch out with my DH, we will be going to the Firemen's Dance in his former hometown at night.  This is where we went on our wedding night with our wedding party.  Such fun and we haven't been since.  When we set our wedding date, we had no idea they were having the Firemen's Dance that night.  We still laugh about having a Free Wedding Dance.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Twinny - Happy Anniversary!!!  Many More!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is cold but sunny. We are able to have a fire in the fireplace which is always nice.

Tomorrow is to be in the 50's so I'm considering baths for the dogs. It will depend on how I feel and how much I do today. We have a "maybe" project on our list but I'm not sure if I really want to tackle that today.

I watched some of the garden shows and ordered a set of lily bulbs. At this point, I'm just filling in the patio planters. I had previously ordered two sets of mint plants for the front area. Since I had luck with mint growing next to the parking pad I thought it would be safe to fill in with more mint. (in planters this time) I still need to scale back the side garden and the hosta are always in question. I would love to order more solar lights but am trying to refrain. LOL 

I did ordered 2 tank tops from the lunchtime specials yesterday.  I needed a couple that were a bit more substantial than skinny tees for two short sleeve jacket tops that I wear. Hopefully they will fit. The reviews said they ran a bit big but not oversized so I took a chance. I am trying to be very careful with clothing and shoe purchases. I also am trying to pitch my really "worn " items instead of  "wearing them for gardening or outside projects". That stack seems to be growing. ha ha!!! I blame it on the "fit" issues.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.   

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   You and your husband are such a fun couple.  You have a great sense of adventure.  I hope that you enjoy dinner tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

I had written or addressed each of you, but I accidentally closed the page and lost the post while reading the popup of responses.

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread, and if you venture out today, hopefully the crowds will be small. Midnight is eating better.

Bernie--I'm sure your good judgement kicked in and the items you finally ordered will serve you well. I had read that one should avoid anything with more than 5% spandex.

Fressa--Enjoy the tops you ordered as well as the lily bulbs. The gardening day is not over!

Twinny or Glenda--Congrats upon your 50th wedding anniversary. In today's age, that is quite an accomplishment. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Hope things went well at the Post Office, and you enjoyed some shopping.  It is another nice day here, but it is supposed to rain tonight and be cooler for a few days.

Congratulations, twinny/Glenda!  Hope you have a wonderful anniversary celebration.

I'm sure you made some good decisions about your JCP orders, Bernie.  I retired 13 years ago, and working at home was not easy since there were many security issues with our computer network.  Sometimes, it would take me an hour to get in on-line, and then the connection would go off after an hour.  We also had to bring home office computers which was another hassle.  My DGD works from home almost all the time now.  

Hope the tank tops work well for you, Fressa.  Good luck with your gardening.

Hi Jean -- hope you are having a good day..

I am headed out soon to meet a friend for lunch.  She called me this morning, and wanted to get together since she had been unable to attend our Caregivers meetings, etc.  lately due to eye problems.  I'm sure we will have a nice time, but I had not budgeted for another lunch this week.  Oh well...

Still waiting to hear from a couple of friends who are in the bookclub. We are supposed to meet next Monday.   I'm concerned because I have not been able to reach them via e-mail or phone, and both have some health issues.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa   I hope that the tanks your ordered on lunchtime special work out for you.