Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Saturday. 2/27)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Can not believe this month is almost over.  I have made a pact with myself that I would be more productive starting next month.  I have a house that needs cleaned and I need to get some paperwork in order.  I have been messing around with this too long.

We are having a nice day out - sad to say 48 degrees is a nice day.  We had a little rain this morning but we have no sun out.  

Not much else happening here, hope everyone has a great day.  What is everyone up to today?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Saturday. 2/27)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad you are having decent weather.  It is mostly sunny here, and it should make it up to 70 degrees.  Cooler temperatures are predicted for tomorrow.  But, I know our temperatures are much warmer than most of the country.

God luck in being more productive next month.  Sometimes, you just need to set your mind to it, but other times it doesn't work out.

I have no exciting plans for the day -- laundry, weekly financial review, walk/exercise, and a little cleaning. 

I made a smoothie for breakfast -- first time in  a while, and it was delicious.  But, I have to admit it was mostly fruit and yogurt with just a little kale.  The last time I made a smoothie, I tried a "green" one -- probably very healthy, but I hated the taste. Maybe if I add a little more greens each time it will be okay.

I'm having a difficult choice of a new toilet seat.  I have the "enameled" wood ones in my bathrooms.  One is fine, but I must have used the wrong cleaners on the other, and now it looks terrible.  One seat that is of interest is $36 or so and the other is $21 or so.  Not that big of a difference in Amazon ratings, but the more expensive one seems to get good reviews on other sites.  Decisions, decisions.

My friend Bev and her buddy had sore arms from their first COVID vaccines, and then Bev had some chills and aches in the evening -- but not too bad.  They went to the place where my vaccine is scheduled on St. Patrick's Day.  She said the line was very long, but went quickly, and they were well organized -- one hour total.  I may take a snack bar with me just in case there is a long wait.

Glad you and your DH have been having a good time, Glenda.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I am loving our sunny 40° days.  I just heard on the tv that we are supposed to have above normal temps for March-May.  This isn't what I wanted to hear because we had a hot summer last year.    If I could go from April right into September,  that would be perfect.  I clean a lot as we are home most of the time.  We do need to do another deep clean from top to bottom like we did a year ago.  

Linda L, I had a soft toilet seat which I loved.  It was so nice & warm.  When I had my new bathroom job done a few years ago, that seat no longer fit my toilet, so my DH inherited it.  My new toilet is higher & oblong shaped.  We have been enjoying doing our walks outside and coordinating it with a trip to the gym.

Fressa, I forgot to tell you that it's too bad about your car getting hit.  When we doing our grocery shopping on Thursday, a lady drove right thru a stop sign and just missed us.  I didn't see her until my DH slammed on the brakes & I don't think that she even saw us as she was going way too fast in a 25 MPH zone.  

We took a drive to a town about 22 miles away this morning to get a can of oil for the mopeds & a trip to the hot tub place to get a bottle of cleaner.  Then it was on to LJS for a drive thru carryout lunch.  

I am going to have a lazy day.  We just got out of the hot tub & it's time to  enjoy reading a good book.

No big plans for the weekend as my infusion is on Monday at Noon & I am getting sluggish.    I am hoping to go to JCP afterwards &  maybe Home Goods. I am looking for slippers, gloves or mittens and  something springy to put on the dining room table.  

It's supposed to be nice for the next 10 days.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's in the 50's today and maybe tomorrow. Some clouds and some sun. I just finished bathing the dogs. They needed it. That event is an afternoon project by the time I get each of them bathed, scrub the bathroom, gather up any wet item that smells like dog and finally get a shower for me it is almost dinner time for all of us. LOL

I missed AM Style because the bedroom tv signal is not working. I'm hoping the hubby can figure out the problem. He has the family room working but the one in the bedroom is being stubborn. Crossing my fingers.

Today ends the sale on the pots I was searching for with my refund $$. I just need two small saucepots that fit in the space in the cabinet. I noticed the other day that mine are getting worn. There are sales at multiple places but not one of them has the exact size as my old ones. I know they say when in doubt to go larger but there's always a limit to the dishwasher space. Hopefully, I'll be inspired once I have a shower. 

Has anyone checked out all the "new" items in home decor in the QVC inventory? It sure seems different than years past. I like the AtHome store for those odds and ends since Pier 1 is gone. Of course, I'm still in the decluttering stagre around here and don't need another "thing" in any room. The second set of Peira storage units in blue damask are put together and waitng for the other bedroom closet to be organized. I am really please with these.

I can't believe it's the end of February. i did bring the everygreen wreaths, etc in two weeks ago and put out the "generatic" berry ones. Inside I got as far as one Easter tree and the large Spring bouquet for the living room. The wood cleaner arrived so now I can get some serious cleaning done around here. I also have to the special treatments on the entry floor, etc. I sure can have fun, huh?  ha ha!!! It will be nice when it's all done for the season. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Yes, the month has flown by, and I think many of us will join you in becoming more focused on certain tasks.

This has been a very good weekend. In addition to my furniture being delivered, I discovered my Federal tax refund had hit the bank. I also had a $100 certificate from my favorite airline which I discovered was expiring in April. I applied it to a ticket to Alaska in May, bringing the cost of the ticket down to $392. It is remarkable how much fares differ on various days and time of day. If I had left one day later for Alaska the ticket would have been $200 more. One week later, another increase.

My niece had a refund in the form of a certificate from the canceled trip to Australia when Covid it. As a result, she is going along also. She  has until April 2022 to use  up the amount of that certificate.

We both have had the full Covid vaccination. We just need to get the Covid test done within 72 hours of the flight to Alaska.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Jean - I love Alaska - Been there three times and ready to go back.  What cities/towns are you going to visit.  If you can get a helicopter ride to the top of a glacier, do it.  It does cost a little more, but it is so worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, I will have to check out the home decor.  I was looking for a Snowman, but nothing enticed me.  Now I am looking for something that would look nice on our dining room table.  

Jean, your weekend has been exciting.  Have fun in AK.   We have been twice and loved it.

Susan, I didn't know that you had been to AK 3 times.  We have been twice.  I enjoyed the ship the most & my DH liked the land.  It's all good though.  

Glenda

Trusted Contributor

Twinny - We went on a cruise the first time and fell in love with the state.  The second time we went it was February and went to Fairbanks to see the Northern Lights.  Even though it was not prime tourist time we had a good time and yes, we did get to see the Northern Lights.  While in Fairbanks we went to Coldfoot.  If you watch Ice Road Truckers the restuarnt they go to on the Dalton HIghway if in Coldfoot.  We saw the film crew there while we were there.  The third time, we went to Anchorage and then went to Denali for 3 days, we had sunshine the whole time and had a great time.  We did the bus trip thru Denali park - It was a 12 hour tour but you were in and out of the bus and it did not seem that long.  Had a blast.  I want to go back and go to Homer and a few other places.  I tell everyone they should see Alaska, It is truly God's Country.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

Twinny - We went on a cruise the first time and fell in love with the state.  The second time we went it was February and went to Fairbanks to see the Northern Lights.  Even though it was not prime tourist time we had a good time and yes, we did get to see the Northern Lights.  While in Fairbanks we went to Coldfoot.  If you watch Ice Road Truckers the restuarnt they go to on the Dalton HIghway if in Coldfoot.  We saw the film crew there while we were there.  The third time, we went to Anchorage and then went to Denali for 3 days, we had sunshine the whole time and had a great time.  We did the bus trip thru Denali park - It was a 12 hour tour but you were in and out of the bus and it did not seem that long.  Had a blast.  I want to go back and go to Homer and a few other places.  I tell everyone they should see Alaska, It is truly God's Country.

Susan, my DH watches a couple of Alaskan shows, but we haven't heard of the Ice Truckers.  We did the Denali 3 day bus trip and it was fabulous.  The first time we went in July and it was only in the 50's.  It's a good thing that we had a lot of thick clothes.  I can still remember wearing a thick coat, ear muffs & mittens when an older gentleman asked me where I bought them.  I said that I brought them with me. He said "smart lady."

THE 2nd time was the same time in July and it was in the 60's-70's with lots of 🌞🌞🌞.  Good luck if you get to go again.