Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Nov.6th) Sunday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Only two more days until the election, this is one election I will be happy to see over.

Today is just beautiful, sunny, but a little chilly.  Fall is my favorite time of year, too bad Spring did not come after it.

Not much going on here today, I am going out to do a little looking around.  I spent the whole day at home yesterday and feel the need to get out of the house.  What is  everyone doing today? 

Have a good morning everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Nov.6th) Sunday

Good morning everyone and thanks @PAlady for the start.

I will be glad also for Tuesday to come and go. The endless ads on TV are ridiculous.

Our weather is the same as yours.

I have to make a quick trip shortly to the grocery for just a couple things for tonights dinner that my granddaughter and I will be making together. It will be fun to help her learn to cook more than burgers and spaghetti, lol.

Not much else going on here.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

http://quotesgram.com/thursday-quotes-shopping/

Esteemed Contributor

I've been getting odds and ends ready for the trip, pacing myself so there is no pressure. I did eliminate one stressor. Instead of driving to pick up my niece after PT which would have added an hour driving time, she is having a friend drop her off at the PT place about the time I get finished. This will get us into the airport city about 5pm, so we can have dinner and then check into the hotel for rest. I'm usually exhausted and not functioning well after a couple of hours after PT so this should work much better.

Right now, I'm relaxing by watching "The Queen" on Netflix. This is an excellent series dealing with Queen Elizabeth II from her marriage to Philip, becoming Queen later, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @PAlady for the start, soon it'll all be over, thankfully.  Our weather not bad at all, sunny & warmish.

@meallen616, yes it is a good idea, but can get you in trouble  lol

@Snicks1, Happy cooking with your granddaughter, what fun you 2 will have, she'll remember it always

@KonaKat, Wishing you a fabulous vacation, Enjoy!

Well I made my monthly out of County trip to shop this am, much lower taxes than here in Chicago so it's well worth the trip

Not much on the menu today, thinking about starting on the yard before the inevitable weather comes in, then I'll be hating myself for putting it off, but right now it's the Sunday papers & crosswords.

Have a great day

Essie

Honored Contributor

Hello all,  @KonaKat  Jean I'm glad you figured out a way to eliminate some stress on your travel day.

I went to the 10 am show this morning and saw Inferno with Tom Hanks.

Good movie, I recommend it.

I'm thinking of going outside to start on the leaves in the front yard.  My new mower (bought a year ago) has an option on it that allows how much of the clippings I want to be bagged.  I usually do 100% and vacuum up everything when it comes to grass.  I think for the leaves, I will try a 75%/25% split.  I'll leave a little mulch for the lawn.

This is my exciting life, ha ha ha.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Exciting life? I just used that Rowenta hand steamer on clothes that needed some freshening. It is great! It make the Joy one look like a toy, one that never worked that well for me. It leaked and spewed; the Rowenta heats up quickly and steams very well. It looks as if an iron had done the work. This is one Q purchase I don't regret. I hate ironing so steaming works for me when the steamer works well!!!

I'll get up in the morning, and when Midnight and I make our run to the bathroom, I will grab him and put him in the carrier and then take him to the vet near the city. I will then come back home and do last minute things before going back to the city and the PT appointment. It is extra miles but I am assured of not having to spend hours trying to catch a cat who wises up if I wait too long to get him in the carrier.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, Election day can't get here quick enough.  Junk mail too.  This is my favorite time of the year too.

SNICK's. How fun to be teaching your dgd to cook.  

Jean. That is nice of your niece to meet you.  Enjoy dinner & have a fabulous vacation.  I don't have a steamer, but it sounds like a winner.

Spix, did you buy anything exciting?  I enjoy doing our local paper's puzzle too.

Bird Mama, have fun with your new mower.  I have the door & windows open & am sneezing my fool head off as my neighbors are all mowing or blowing leaves.  lol.

It is sunny & 70.  After church we went to the Moose Lodge for a fund raising lunch. Proceeds are going towards replacing stained Glass windows in our local MAC.

Came home & hot tubbed.  Then rode my moped downtown for my walk.

I washed my shower curtain & liner & hung them outside.  Need to get them in & hung up again.

Hung to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started Susan.  I'm really looking forward to the election being over myself.  Hope for a little peace and quiet after it is over, but I don't have high hopes for that.  Our weather is lovely as well -- high 70's/low 80's in the day and cool (high 40's or low 50's) at night.  It is pretty cool when I take my walk in the morning, but now I'm more prepared.

Waves to snicks (great to be able to help teach your DGD to cook), meallen, Jean (glad your niece can meet you after PT), Essie,  Bernie, twinny, Kathleen, Arlene, Charlene, Marijane, 3suwm5, Butterfly, Karen, Barbara, LindaR, Rosa, Gayle. pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Church was fine this morning, and then I went to the gym.  After the gym, I made it in time to feed DH lunch and we walked around a little.  I have some ironing to do (really don't mind ironing).  Later, I'll go back to feed DH dinner.  I have a one time class tomorrow afternoon -- how to save energy (given by the local electric company).  It will be a busy week with classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and my volunteer job on Tuesday.  I'll be taking a day trip with the seniors on Friday.  I'm amazed at how busy I am despite being retired.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Susan, Election day can't get here quick enough.  Junk mail too.  This is my favorite time of the year too.

SNICK's. How fun to be teaching your dgd to cook.  

Jean. That is nice of your niece to meet you.  Enjoy dinner & have a fabulous vacation.  I don't have a steamer, but it sounds like a winner.

Spix, did you buy anything exciting?  I enjoy doing our local paper's puzzle too.

Bird Mama, have fun with your new mower.  I have the door & windows open & am sneezing my fool head off as my neighbors are all mowing or blowing leaves.  lol.

It is sunny & 70.  After church we went to the Moose Lodge for a fund raising lunch. Proceeds are going towards replacing stained Glass windows in our local MAC.

Came home & hot tubbed.  Then rode my moped downtown for my walk.

I washed my shower curtain & liner & hung them outside.  Need to get them in & hung up again.

Hugs to all of you.