Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Monday, Oct. 30th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Have a dentist appt. this morning, chipped the back of my bottom  front tooth on Thursday, of course with my luck the dentist was not in on Friday.  So here I am on Monday heading to the office.   I have no idea what I did, but my tongue is getting sore from hitting the sharp spot.  

Okay, done whining.   We are getting new windows starting today, of course for the past month we had above temps and sun.  Now we have 40 degrees and wind and hopefully no rain.  

Not much else going on here  hope everyone is doing well today.  

Have a good morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Monday, Oct. 30th)

Thanks for starting the thread @PAlady  Sorry about the tooth.  I'm excited for you about the new windows.  Did you go with someone local or did you pick a national brand? 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies....hope your tooth is an easy fix Susan.  Good luck with the windows being installed....at least it's not too cold out yet.

We had a wild  weather here......our area roads looks like a  bomb went off...lots of limbs,branches leaves etc down.  WE had two trees come down..in the back ..one did us the  favor of falling away from our pool which would have caused a huge mess in it had it landed in it......a lot of rain too but our electric stayed on so that was a plus for me!  I had seen on F.b. Pictures from the Portland press that a lot  of trees,wires down etc..and thousands without electric...tried texting my DS up there in Me. but so far haven't heard anything.....as long as tree hasn't come down on his townhouse I think he is ok, maybe no electric.

It's a sunny day here but still pretty windy and I can tell the temps have really dropped.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Hope you did okay at the dentist.  Also hope you love your new windows.

Hi Bernie, hope you have a good day.

Glad the storm didn't do more damage, and I hope your son is okay, Marijane.

It is nice here, and our highs should be in the lower 80's, cooler weather expected tomorrow.

DH  was very sleepy yesterday, and is sleepy again today.  Hope he is better tomorrow for the Halloween party.  I did not make it to strong bones class today since I was having a test for glaucoma.  Not fun at all.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs, 

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good morning all -- we have 32 degrees for the lunchtime high today and it is trying it's best to snow on and off, breezy too.

Sounds like a perfect day to stay indoors for me.  I'll run out quickly to get the mail and the trash can, then run back in and have a quick cup of hot tea.

Perfect day for housework as well.  Won't get too hot moving about the house.  That, dinner in the crockpot shortly, and exercise soon, will put an end to my 'to-do' list for today.

@PAlady  I know how you feel about the chipped tooth.  I had a crown start to crumble away and of course had to make several trips to the dentist before 'insurance' would allow a replacement.  Had to have the crown smoothed out at least twice and it still bothered my tongue for weeks.  That kind of thing gets old in about 5 minutes.

I hope your dentist can fix you up quickly for comfort if nothing else.

Seems you are following in our foot steps all the way around today.  We had new windows put in on a rather chilly, snowy day years ago.  The windows were about 7 feet high and about 6 feet wide, that was an interesting day.

Good luck - I'm looking forward to a successful report from you on today's activities - ha.

@Genny1  Sounds like a truly wild day for you indeed.  Hope all is well with your DS, too.  Luckily your trees took it easy on you with damage anyway, always a big mess though.

Getting a late start today, so need to get off my chair and start throwing things around in here. Smiley Indifferent

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.  My CCs are staying in from the cold, hope you all can keep yours safe and warm as well.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Catching up on some chores, but, today in New Jersey is

Image result for windy weather images

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well with you.

The dentist appt went well, he just ground down the sharp edge and I was on my way.

The windows are coming along, the guy came today got 6 of 14 windows done.  It looks very differnet.  My old windows had grids in them and these do not.  I keeping thinking we left a window open.

Bernie -  We had Pella install the windows.  They are made in the USA and there is a "store" very near us.

Marijane -  Glad you came thru the storrn okay, hope all is well with your son.

Linda -  Sorry to hear DH was so sleepy today, hope he is doing better tomorrow.  I know he knows you are there and he enjoys that.  Hope your test comes out well.

3suwm5 -  Glad your insurance took care of your crown.  My tongue is feeling much better now.  You sound like you have some large windows,  Hope you don't have to wash them often.

Meallen -  We had a very windy day here also.

Not much happening here tonight, catching up on what we recorded.  Hope everyone has a great evening.

Trusted Contributor

@PAlady  I'm happy you solved the tooth issue. 

Most of the window was a windout, so that part was easy to wash.  The top was just a piece of glass, non-functioning.  So once on the ladder all was quite easy.