Esteemed Contributor

Re: ShI opaholics - One Day At A Time (Monday, May 28th)

Linda--Changing time zones can create problems with sleeping. With your brother's death occuring on this date, it added more sadness to this Memorial Day. Great job on finding items for donation. Also, it is good that DH was  happy to see you, and you him.

I added up what I ordered last June, so my aim is to buy less this coming June. I definitely don't need summer sandals which was part of last June's purchases. Once school is over, I hope to have more time for inside of the house, decluttering, etc.  Summer passes all too quickly so I have to make the best of June and July as school starts in August..

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Monday, May 28th)

[ Edited ]

@twinny70 - my goodness, you got a lot done today!  Even though we live in different parts of the country, it got hot here today as well.  First time our AC's been on in 3 weeks.  You might try the gardening trick I mentioned a few days ago - when I transplant little plants and it's hot and sunny outside, I cover the plants with webbed lawn chairs to give them some shade.  Works great!  I counted my tomato plants and I have 6 cherry tomatoes and 14 heatwaves.  Good for getting the alterations done, too.  That's an easy job to procrastinate.

@LindaLatte - sorry that your sleep schedule is off.  Hope you get back to normal soon.

Well, I managed to get that little section of pruning and weeding done.  I realized that a red geranium had grown a baby, so I dug it up and replanted it a little farther away in a better place.  Hope it grows.  I did completely sew the peasant top I was planning on, and I listened to Dave Ramsey at the same time.  In addition, I hemmed some fleece PJ pants that my DH got for Christmas that were about 6 inches too long.  I think that the length was made for Bernie !  So, I'm glad that I accomplished all that was on my list.  Next up is dinner.  I have a couple of old boxes of Mac & Cheese that have been hanging out in my cupboard way too long.  So I think we'll have Mac & Cheese, spruced up with some chopped hot dogs and bell peppers (which are getting a little wilted in the fridge).  I'll cook up some broccoli as a healthy side.  Always good to use up food before it goes to waste.  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Monday, May 28th)

Jean, I never minded going the cemetery where one of my grandparents are at, but it was sad to go to my mom & dad's grave with just my DH 2 year's ago and last year.  This year I was glad that my brother made the effort to join us.  Interesting cemetery story too.

Linda L, I am glad that you are back home safe & sound & glad that your DH was glad to see you.  I didn't realize that your db  passed away 7 year's ago this weekend.  My DH 's dad's funeral was 29 years ago this weekend.  He was buried on a Friday, our ds had his graduation party on Saturday & his graduation day was on Sunday.  Wow.  I don't remember much about any of it.  

CERB, you got a lot done today too.  I did get the 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅 planted this evening.  They are big enough that my DH could put the metal cages around them.  I would love to have some of your different fruits growing in our yard.