Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Monday, June 10)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Trying to talk myself into some cleaning today.  I do have some running around to do, Costco is at the top of the list.  I ran out of my stock on all paper fronts.  I am hoping to just run in and get the 3 things I need.  We will see if Costco lures me in to more.

Not much going on around here.  I need to buy some more flowers for my large pots and I will be done planting.  I think that may be a tomorrow project since I need to do cleaning today.  I try to buy the flowers the day I will plant them because if I buy too much at one time I end up leaving them sit for a few days.  That never ends well for the flowers.

I need to wait until my banana bread is done in the oven then off I go.  What is everyone up to today?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Monday, June 10)

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Susan.  I know what you mean by buying a bunch of flowers to plant and not doing it for days.  I used to buy several flats...had good intentions of planting, I'd do a few then get tired.  Every day I'd look st the remainder to be planted and I'd say later...wellyou know what happened to later.  I finally got smart in my old age...and only buy a few plants st a time and plant them that day.  I hope you get out to your stores,

Jean I hope your hand is getting better, I had  read years ago how dangerous a cat bite can be...even a house pet.  

NOt much going on here, it looks to be a rainy day but we have had several beautiful days in a row so my flowers need the rain.

Have a nice  day everyone .....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Good luck on keeping your Costco purchasess to a list. I'll be heading there on Thursday weather permitting for an appointment, and I always find something  there to tempt me.

Marijane--We are facing another day of rain this afternoon also. I have this area  I've been wanting to clean out, put new landscaping fabric down plus rubber mulch but either work or the weather hasn't cooperated.

My finger is much better but I don't hold it against the culprit. He has been lapsitting me for the past two days. I just was too carried away with petting and missed a signal. Before this, I didn't realize how many problems a cat bte could cause if the canines penetrate the skin as they are needle sharp and can go deep.

I've been sorting some things out, and went to the local supermarket to get some boxes  to put things in. They are the big boxes in which egg cratons are packed and have hand holds on the side which makes for easy carrying.

I'm not tempted by the TSV despite my thinking it is pretty; it just isn't my style. I might, however, order that WEN mousse trio as I use it and I"m almost out.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies...it's been quite a while for me posting.  I have been reading almost every day to keep up with everyone.

Susan, good luck with Costco.  I always have a list, but I tend to wander off course once I am in the store.  Marijane, we are in for rain, like you.  I think the Met/Yankee game could be in jeopardy.  Jean, I am glad to hear your finger is healing.  I had no idea a cat bite could be that dangerous...so scary.

My daughter and I attended Beauty Bash on Saturday.  It was such a fun day and the gift bag and giveaways were amazing.  We had a great time visiting the booths and chatting with the reps from the different lines.  They were all so nice, even the baby goats from Beekman were there.  Philadelphia is only about an hour and a half from me, so we made a day of it.  If they do another one, and you have the chance to go, I highly recommend it.

Other than that, it's busy at work as we are getting ready for vacation.  It will be nice to get away for a week of sun, sand and relaxation.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...enjoy!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Karen--It is so good to see you posting. Your visit to the Q and the Beauty Bash sounds as if it was a wonderful experience. I attended one of the audience participation shows several years ago. We got a bag ful of goodies to take home. It was a Nutrisystem show with Marie Osmond. I was able to talk with her for a few minutes.

I cannot stand a hard sell; it turns me off. I'm not a big user of Sirius XM as most of my trips are local and just an hour at the most. I like listening to the local stations which might have news/weather alerts affecting me. I got an offer of "We want you back, etc" which consisted of 12 months for $60. Since I had two  very long distance trips planned within that time, I thought it might be worth it  

The offer said to go to the website where it was offered or to call. I went to the website where it was not offered, so I called. I made it very clear what offer I wanted. The person kept trying to push an upsell at which time I made it clear I only wanted the $60 offfer. At the fourth-time, I politely said since you don't want to give me the $60 offer, I'm not interested in enrolling again. Gr-r-r-r! I know she was just doing her job but I ddn't want all those extras.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Good luck at COSTCO.  The closest store is about a 45 minute drive, so I tend to go every two or three months.  When I am there, I end up looking at many things and often buy items not on my list.  Smart not to buy more plants than you can get planted right away.  

Hi Marijane.  Hope the rain is good for your plants and not too hard.  

Glad your finger is better, Jean.  I like to patterns/colors of the TSV, but not of the style.  So, like you I will be passing on it.  Glad you were able to get those boxes at the supermarket.  Like you, I am not a fan of hard sells, and your experience sounds like something I would want to avoid.

Nice to see you posting, Karen.  Your trip tot he beauty bash sounds like it was a lot of fun.  I took the studio tour several years ago and enjoyed it.

It was hot and cloudy this morning -- already over 80 degrees at 6:15 when I took my walk.  They are still predicting high temperatures starting tomorrow (100 plus).  Quite normal for this time of the year.

I'm back from "strong bones" class -- I ended up leading the group since the regular leader was a bit late.  The hospice coordinator e-mailed me to ask if I could answer the phones at the office later in the week, and I agreed to do so on Thursday afternoon.  It is shaping up to be a busy week for me.  This afternoon, I have grief group, and I hope to see a couple of my friends there.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Very happy that Bob Mackie won a Tony Award.

ETA -- The hospice volunteer coordinator has asked me to visit another patient staring this Saturday.  Her caregiver needs some time to do errands, etc., and the previous volunteer is no longer planning to volunteer. So, this will be my new assignment.  My week is getting even busier!

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You are so active and you are asked to do these responsibilitiies because you have been proven to be effective and responsibile. That is quite an honor as many retirees are not active in any way, and it is my belief that being active keeps you from aging faster. Great news on the Bob Mackie award; I also enjoy Bob who is a great designer and also a gentleman.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I was more than happy to sleep in until 7:15 this morning.  Yesterday I was up at 5:30 Woman Surprised  Most people don't look forward to rain however I was like a kid at Christmas when I saw the rain falling this morning.

I grabbed my umbrella and the 

Image result for vigoro tree food

and headed outside.  Hey, it needs to be watered in so why not let mother nature help me Woman Wink

I went through both bags of the stuff and fed the trees/shrubs in the front and back yards.

I'm trying to get things off that darn Bernie do list, lol.

I have some Miracle Gro lawn food that I thought I could throw in the spreader and run around the yard while it was raining.

Image result for miracle gro grass food

Sadly, this food is intended to go into one of those sprayer things that attach to the hose (I have one) and it is applied with water.  It dissolves and turns blue I think.  Oh well, I'll do that another day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, good luck with your Costco shopping.  My dd shops there a lot & likes it.   They just went to one of many graduation parties and she said that the best graduation cake so far was a huge double chocolate cake from Costco.  We don't have one near us, but I wish that we did.   I only buy a few  plants at a time too.   My garden  is 6 🍅🍅🍅plants.  They are my favorite.  The rest I buy from our local farmer's market.  banana bread.  yum.  yum.

Marijane, after a nice 70's weekend, we are supposed to get rain on Wednesday.  We were saddened to hear that David Ortiz had been shot in his hometown.  It sounds like he will have a complete recovery though.  I know that you love your Yank's.  Good luck to them too.

Jean. I am glad that your little finger is getting better.  Several years ago, the dd of some good friends of us got a very bad 🐱 bite.  The cat got caught in a business type chair and she was trying to rescue it.  See had a horrible infection and ended up with surgery & a hard cast on her entire arm for a few months.  I am sure that Midnight feels bad too.  I don't know what the TSV is for today.

Karen, how much fun to do a beauty bash with your dd.  We went on a QVC tour several years ago.  It was a lot of fun.  Where are you going on vacation?   We just recently got back home from a two week vacation to KY and TN. Although it was very hot, we enjoyed a few beach's & motels with A/C.  I am not a fan of hot weather.  

Linda L, it sounds like you have lots of things to keep you very busy.  Good luck with your new hospice assignment.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, congratulations on getting rain when you want it & need it.  We got a nice shower yesterday so my DH was able to fill his ice cream pails which he uses on my 🍅🍅🍅.  It's been in the fabulous 70's after a couple of 80° days.  They are saying 60's for Wednesday and rain.  I will gladly take it.  

I was also glad to hear that Bob Mackie won a Tony Award.  He is a class act for sure.

It was a busy week last week.  W went to hear our favorite little polka band on Friday afternoon and then we went to "Cars on the Square" on Friday night.  We wanted to take our 16 year old dgs the 🚗🚗 buff, but he had to work.

On Saturday afternoon, we went to a beautiful wedding about 30 minutes from here.  The bride and groom are so happy.  He is from the UK & so happy to be in America.  The meal was catered from our favorite Italian restaurant.  Since there was absolutely no drinking in this church, the bride said "you have to have wine with an Italian meal." So they had lots of bottles of wine all wrapped up.  She said each couple was supposed to take one.  I forgot to take one for my bf whom has been ill, but likes a good glass of  🍷🍷🍷now and then.

This morning I went to Wal-Mart and got a new card to add minutes for my Trac Phone.  I am always  so glad when that job is done for another year.

We were expecting company this afternoon, but my bf is still sick with a nasty cough.  She thinks that it's from being allergic to the fleece pillows that she stuffed for a benefit.  She said that it feels like she is trying to cough up a fur ball.

We are going to a musical performance on Wednesday and then it's our annual balloon rally on Friday & Saturday.  Hopefully it won't be rainy and too windy.  

This month is flying by way too fast.  

I don't know if I mentioned that I ordered a 2 pack of Bloom Plant Food last week.  It's supposed to be here on Wednesday or Thursday.  Now we will see how big my 🍅🍅 get & how many I get.  

It's such a beautiful sunny 70' s day.  If only it would stay like this all summer.  

Hugs to all of you.