Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Monday, 3/19

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

We are having out last nice day for a while.  I saw we were supposed to get 5 or more inches between Tuesday and Thursday.  Not looking forward to that.  I am so over winter. I do keep telling myself that I haven't shoveled that much snow this year and it may have been cold some days, but it was not too bad.  I will telling myself that until May.

Not much going on here, I made some chicken soup for lunch, now I need to get enthused to do some cleaning.  I will work on that while I surf the net.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Monday, 3/19

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  I would not be happy with your weather.  DD said that they are expecting snow in Maryland (could be a little or a lot) as well.  It is supposed to reach 70 degrees today here, but was only in the 30's when I got up.  It should get warmer each day for a while.  Enjoy your soup -- sounds good.

I'm back from my strong bones class, and I'll visit DH next.  Nothing else planned for the day, but I have plenty of cleaning, etc. to do.

The past few nights, i have had pain in my left hip, and I have decided to cut back on my exercise a little in addition to taking some medicine at night.  Yesterday, I did not do one of my "regular" exercises and went slower on the treadmill.  And, today I didn't use my leg weights.  Hope this works, and it is just a passing thing.  The pain isn't strong during the day, but I hate waking up in pain.

After ordering the TSV yesterday evening, I canceled it before it was too late.  I really, really liked it, but I just don't need another pot or casserole.  The vast majority of time, I am cooking for one.  While I enjoy cooking, it isn't as fun when I am just cooking for me.  No temptation by the TSV today -- just not my style.  I may find some other item that is calling my name, but so far, so good for my budget.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Hearing we are getting 11+ inches of snow for New Jersey!

http://www.vickysun.com/product_images/uploaded_images/led-snowflake-sn12-11002.gifhttp://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/76980-Happy-Spring-Butterfly.gif?1

Trusted Contributor

Meallen - Please stay safe.  We are not "supposed" to get that much, keeping my fingers crossed.

Linda - Hope your hip is feeling better.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, it is windy & sunny so I'll take it.   I am having a fun day.  I had lunch with friends & my DH & I are having dinner out.  We joined our local art center last year & it is our first get together.

Meallen, I love snow & we need  some more or we will likely be in a drought situation.

Linda L, it is probably wise to cut back on your exercising if you are having pain.  Tomorrow I have my PT & I am told to not make myself more sore than I am right now.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was such a beautiful day with temps in the 60s. Unfortunately, a storm is expected to arrive dumping up to 6 inches of snow. If this happens, the road conditions may make it impossible for us to get to the airport an hour and a half away. If so, the trip to England will not take place. The sad thing is that the flight might take place but we won't be able to get there. Money down the drain if we can't get it rescheduled. The weather at this time is usually acceptable.

Susan--I am so sick of Winter. We are in the process of deciding that we will travel only during late Spring, Summer or early Fall.

Linda--Take care of yourself. Cutting back on the exercise might be very beneficial until the pain goes away. If you canceled the TSV, it means there some lingering doubt about the need. Good move!

meallen--Cute graphic but I wish Spring would be a reality without the biggest snow of Winter coming in Spring. 11+ is too, too much!!

Twinny--I would be quite happy to send our coming snow your way. It just seems like when we have an important trip planned, weather presents its nasty self.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Fingers crossed about your trip, Jean.  It is pretty late in the year for a big snowstorm -- hope they are wrong this time.

Honored Contributor

Man am I ever late.  I worked onsite today, lol.

I hope snow is behind me because over the weekend I caught site of Gerry the groundhog sunning him/her self on the front porch stairs. 

Nothing says welcome to Bernie's like a hairy weird looking animal sitting vigil on my front porch, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Jean - I hope there is no snow for you.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie - I am glad I am not the only one who names the local wildlife.