Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Monday, 1/2/2017)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  Well, it is back to a normal schedule, and I am so ready for that.  Our lovely sunshine that we had beautiful yesterday is gone and clouds and rain are on tap for today.

Not much going on today, I do want to stop in at Costcos this morning, and then come back home and start cleaning.  My house needs a good cleaning from top to bottom.  What are your plans for the day?   Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Monday, 1/2/2017)

Susan, I am so ready to get back to normal too.  I thought that 2016 would never end & I am so happy to usher in 2017.  We had sunshine yesterday & it is partly cloudy now with a chance of light rain this afternoon.  They say sunny starting on Wednesday right through the weekend & colder temps.  I am ready for whatever January & February bring us as those are our coldest months.

Jean, I jumped ship & ordered the Dennis Basso faux leather turn key jacket in Amber.  It will be a good spring/fall color & the berry one was out of my size.  It is a birthday gift to me from me.  

Yesterday we did church, had lunch out & went into Qwik Trip for bananas.  My walking friend was working, so I told her to stop by sometime.  She came at 2:30 & we talked & laughed for 2 hours.  I won't be walking much until March.

I bought a large box of rubber maid containers yesterday.  On sale at a great price, so I will be busy today getting them filled & into the pantry.

Yesterday I took almost all of the Christmas things down except for the 3 little sparkly silver tabletop Christmas trees.  DH & I didn't miss the big tree at all.  The snowmen stay out until we are tired of seeing them.

Dinner tonight is chicken from our grocery store deli. I will do potatoes & veggie.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

http://www.sweeterthanserenity.com/2015_01_01_archive.html

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Normal is good, and I join you in enjoying the return to Normal, USA. 

Twinny--I have that DB coat in black. You will like it. I tried to get it in the berry color as it said it was in my size but each time I tried to put it in my cart, it said "Sold Out."

meallen--Love the graphic. It seems that there is always room for one more great purchase.

I'll be off to the city in a few minutes. I had planned to leave earlier but just enjoyed sitting here and planning a future trip....one that is over a year off but I need to plan, budget and save for it. I'm meeting a friend for a late lunch/early dinner as well as taking some items for donation.

I decided to go through my jewelry case to see what treasures have gone unworn for a long time. I pulled out two beautful rings. I definitely don't need the Or Paz TSV and matching earrings.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  I'm sort of glad we are back to a normal schedule.  Definitely need to clean the house, but I haven't had a chance just yet.  The dinner last night was nice, but needed to remind myself not to worry about political discussions, etc.  The hostess really goes out of her way to prepare a fancy meal, so there were lots of courses, special china and silverware, etc.  When got home a little before 8:00, I had a message from DH's facility.  He had fallen, but was not injured.  And, he was anxious so they gave him another anti-anxiety pill.

This morning, I stopped by to check on DH, and he was very confused.  Also, not able to walk, etc.  After a while, I left to go to the gym, and now I'm back visiting him.  He is still very confused and seems anxious.  He is also trying to talk to me but not making sense.  And, Larry is talking to him quite a bit. Nonsense, of course.  I'm trying to take it in stride, but it isn't too easy.

Hope you like you like your new coat when it comes, twinny.  Also hope 2017 is a better year for you.

I actually know women who hate shopping for clothes and shoes, meallen.  But, I'm definitely more like your graphic today.

Have a good time in the city, Jean.  I know you enjoy trip planning, and I hope the trip you are planning is a great one.

They are serving lunch now, so I need to help feed DH.  No big plans for today, but I need to get things done around the house for sure.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, the hot tub was wonderful at midnight with our wine coolers.  No wind & a beautiful  bright starry night.

Susan, how is your house cleaning going?  I am happy to say that I got the pantry in great order.  The rubber maid containers are wonderful.

DH is visiting an ailing friend & I am actually enjoying QVC today.  My friend that had her right kidney removed almost 2 weeks ago is recovering very slowly.  She is very fatigued & no appetite.

Off to do NOTHING!

Honored Contributor

Hello all, the day started on a gloriously sunny note and now it's dreary looking.  I don't know what the heck happened to the epson scanner I have, but nothing I did would get it to work today.  I downloaded drivers just in case and nothing.  I needed to scan proof of payment of my January health insurance premium in order to upload it to One Exchange for reimbursement through my HRA so I broke down and bought a new scanner.  I went with a Brother mobile scanner (no flatbed).  I got it from Best Buy and it was $110.  I checked out all in one printers and decided I couldn't part with my HP photosmart printer, so I went with a scanner only. Took maybe 5 minutes to get it up and running.  I like that it's small and takes little space on my desk.

Image result for brother ds 620

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Each morning I am trying on an item of clothing in my closet and if I can wear it -- I wear it immediately -- if I can't, then I put it in my "give-away" box before I have my morning coffee.

ALSO I am noticing which clothes are my favorites, and instead of buying just something because it is a good deal, I am instead buying another item of clothing similar to one I own that I wear and wear -- BETTER TO HAVE 2 (IN DIFFERENT COLORS) ITEMS I LOVE AND FIND COMFORTABLE AND ATTRACTIVE than to have 5 items that are so-so. 

I did this with a Barefoot Dreams sweater (the long straight one with pockets that was a TSV over the summer, not the curved hem one that was a TSV later in the year -- don't like that one at all -- sent it back). Unfortunately the second (my fore-mentioned favored Barefoot Dreams) I ordered the other day was at full price -- but the first one is my favorite sweater and at home I wear it multiple times a week. It's SO WARM AND COMFORTABLE! And I feel good in it.

I am also noticing that I repeatedly wear a few new items I have bought during the last few months, but am rarely wearing my older clothes. THAT INFORMS ME TO BUY A FEW ITEMS I LOVE EACH SEASON -- **A FEW** -- WEAR THEM AND WEAR THEM OUT! BUT -- don't buy too much -- because in a year or two I will be tired of them.

THANKS FOR LISTENING! Smiley Happy  ***What is your latest shopping revelation?***