Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - March 15th

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

No TSV for me today, not much for open toe shoes or boots.  I really need to clean out my shoes.  I read an article the other day on how you should wear your shoes routinly because the leather will crack.  I have a whole shoe closet of shoes I do not wear.  Years ago I worked as a receptionist at a company.  I went out and bought all these shoes to wear in the office.  No sooner did I buy the shoes, I changed job at the company and was down in the plant.  Of course, for the next 10 year I wore steel toe shoes.  Now all I seem to wear are my one pair of Clarks, and a couple other pairs of shoes (I wear them to funerals with my dress pants).  I know, I am just the most exciting of people.

Not much going on around here, I am going to make myself do some cleaning - not feeling real inspired today.

Marijane - I made Italian Vegetable Soup the other day.  It was very tasty.

Linda - I have been a wolf lover for many years, I find them a very fascinating.

Well off to do something constructive today.  Have a good morning everyone

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - March 15th

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  I agree with you about the TSV.  Not my style and not a need for sure.

I had heard something about that (shoes needing to be worn) a while back, but I had forgotten about it.  I have kept a couple of pairs of heels that I almost never wear, and I think I better either wear them or donate them.  I do sort of rotate other shoes -- black ones and navy ones mostly to match my pants. And, I wear my sandals during the warmer months. But, I know I should do more rotating or just get rid of shoes I don't wear for whatever reason.  In the past, when I have loved a style, I have purchased a "back-up" pair (same color, etc.) for when they wear out.  Problem is, when that happens I often have "moved on" to a different style.  Not sure if that makes sense, but.....

Glad your soup turned out well.  I love vegetable soup.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Yesterday's pre-birthday celebration for DH went very well.  I'll be visiting him this afternoon when the hospice nurse should be visiting, but before that I plan to go to the gym, my caregivers meeting, and coffee afterward.

DH received a notice from Medicare that the charges for the totally unnecessary ambulance ride to and from the hospital were denied.  I will wait to hear from the other insurance before I get too worked up.  That ride (just a short distance each way) cost more than $2,500.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I also tend to wear the same couple of pair of shoes all the time, with a whole "herd" waiting to be used but when I discover a shoe I love, it tends to be worn and worn!

Linda--Sorry about the ambulance charge. Medicare is very strict on what is considered "medically necessary." I do hope you find a resolution to these high charges. It would be easy to get upset over this charge.

I was supposed to work today but I didn't feel the best last night and it was a challenging assignment. As a result, I decided to cancel it. As it was, I must have needed the rest as I slept until 8am which is rare for me. Instead, I've been using this day to do odds and ends related to the upcoming trip, such as making sure I have my voltage converter and other trivial things that can create a nuisance later on.

I'm watching the Q which has been primarily background noise. I see they are pushing shoes right now. As I have enough for a personal "shoe store," I don't think I will feel any threat.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

https://www.askideas.com/media/06/Snoopy-Wishes-You-Happy-Thursday-Friends.pnghttps://i.pinimg.com/736x/b7/47/36/b747363ce9701c5f13a87f2f76513e64--guinea-daily-quotes.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan, no TSV either because I like a nice long boot for winter.  I have lots of summer slides in many colors.  That's funny about going from high heel's to steel toed shoes.

Linda L, I know that Medicare is very fussy.  When Mom went on Hospice, she didn't need insulin 3x a day & got lots of Sweet Treats.  All of her needs had to be done at her Assisted Living Home.

Jean, I hope that you are feeling better real soon.  I love getting ready for vacation.

Most of my body's aches are gone except for my neck pain.  My PT is going well though.

Our Pi anniversary was fun yesterday.  We saw our favorite polka band with friends & then we had a nice dinner out.  Then we enjoyed SF cookies & a cup of cappuccino.  No Pi!   Emily  our Pi baby was 13 yesterday & had a a Hurt's donut breakfast & pie at taekwondo last night.

My life is so exciting too. I am still enjoying the hot tub & the heating pad.

Our  weather is very nice.  40-50's & sunny.

Esteemed Contributor

Meallen, so cute. made my day.

The FL bridge collapse saddens me.

Beef stew is in the oven.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I'm happy that you had a great Pi celebration.  I am also glad that your pain is lessening and that the PT is going well. The hot tub is a great way to relax.

meallen--Thank you for the cute graphics. You always have such great choices.

I went to town to get the mail, and received the report of medical info to take with me on the International trip. The doctor went a little overboard as he also included the results from my last lab work.

I decided to relax by reading some but then remembered I still needed to organize the vouchers for our pre-paid activites.. Then I remembered, I still needed to do my taxes and also to send an email to the vet regarding the care of Midnight while I am gone.

I am getting ready to email the vet; the taxes can wait until the weekend but the vouchers are organized and tucked into carryon along with the 9 pages of medical info the doctor sent.

I see Martha is on; she has really re-bounded from her "vacation" in the women's Federal facility in our state.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.