Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time - Jan.2nd

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Hope everyone's holdays were safe and enjoyable.  We did nothing around here, it was just DH, dog and myself.  My sister did come down for dinner on Christmas and New Year, she has been home and not around any crowds like us.  I do have to admit, it was very enjoyable not going out for the holiday.  I actually enjoyed it so much more than I have the last couple years.

Now that it is a new year I need to decide how I want to us it.  I do have to do more declutteing and cleaning.  I got into a lull and haven't done much around here.

Need to do a couple constructive things today so I had better get going.

What is everyone up to today?  Have a good afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time - Jan.2nd

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Susan.  Glad you had a nice, if quiet, holiday.  Like you, I am planning to do more decluttering and cleaning in 2021.  In addition, I have started a daily Bible reading book.  I asked for, and DD gave me this book for Christmas along with very nice accessories.  I'm trying to keep my mind active, which is very important as one gets older.

Today I plan do to laundry and take a walk later.  My weekly financial review will take longer today since it is the start of a new year and month.  So, I plan to get started on that task earlier in the day than usual.  

Speaking of cleaning, I discovered that the painter had left tiny paint spots on the sliding glass door that goes from the dining room to the kitchen.  Today, it dawned on me that I could use the razor that I use for my glass cooktop.  It worked like a charm, and I feel dumb for not thinking of this before.  I had  tried all sorts of window cleaners to no avail.

One of my neighbors announced  on FB that her husband passed away this morning.  He was 91, and had not been in good health for years, so his death was not unexpected.  Still it is difficult to lose your spouse.  Speaking of which, my nephew's widow went on a solo trip to see Christmas lights in PA, and she posted pictures on FB.  She seems to be coping pretty well, but admitted she has had some very difficult times since his death two months ago.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, we had a quiet Christmas day here, but it was enjoyable.  NYE was fun.  We had a good carry out dinner from our favorite Italian restaurant.  Then we started to watch That's Entertainment at 7:00.  It was so nice to see Gene Kelly and Ginger Rogers and others.  It was 3 different segments 2 hours or so each without any ads.  At midnight, we were in the hot tub with a Wine 🍷🍷🍷cooler.  It was a nice relaxing 1/2 hour.  Then we watched the rest of That's Entertainment which went off at 2:00 a.m.  Then we went to bed.  We got up at 8:00 a.m. yesterday, but it caught up with us this morning.  We slept in.

Linda L, I am glad that you enjoyed your new book.  I have read "Through the Bible In a Year" a few times and enjoyed it.  

I am so glad that we got the Christmas decorations put away yesterday.  I am in the process of putting the family pictures back where they were.  

No big plans for the weekend.  My next infusion is on Monday afternoon and I am feeling a bit sluggish.  

We were going to get into the hot tub yesterday until we saw that the 1" of snow changed to a light freezing sleet, then another inch of snow on top of it.  Yuck.  

Today things are back to normal in hot tub.

Supper is leftovers from our NYE dinner.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda 

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Glad you had an enjoyable quiet New Year's.

Linda--Keeping your mind active is a great goal. Enjoy the Bible reading accessories and book.

Glenda--Your NYE sounds very nice with the carryout from your favorite resta urant and then followed by "That's Entertainment."

I guess I'll be joining the rest of you in decluttering but I haven't been motivated to do much the past few days. I think I have a case of "cabin fever" and experiencing "groundhog's day" day in and day out. A friend's husband is in the hospital with breathing issues and Covid. They were ones who were convinced the virus was just flu and would not take advantage of the free testing after some activities that were not overly safe. When the hospital hadd her  to take the Covid test, she said she didn't want to do it but the hospital insisted.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all and Happy New Year to those I missed yesterday.  It was a quiet day here.  I awoke a 1 am from a bad dream and debated on whether or not I should just stay up and watch TV.  Sounds extreme I know however I have a knack for picking up a bad dream where I left off when I fall back asleep.  I pondered for about 15 minutes then said, ahh go back to sleep.  Thank goodness I didn't dream the second time around.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise