Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Friday, July 22)

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - My dental surgery was cancelled the night before, the doctor was ill.  So I have to wait for them to reschedule.   Hope your temps aren't too high today.

Jean - Hope you are feeling better.

Glenda - Hope the PT went well.

Up early today, have to take my mom to an early appointment and then get back here to take the dog to her appt.  Sad, but my social calendar is nothing but doctor appointments for someone.

Well, off to get breakfast and get moving.  Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Friday, July 22)

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Hope your Mom's and dog's medical appointments went well.  I didn't realize your dental procedure had been canceled.  Pretty frustrating when that happens.  I think Jean's heart procedure is supposed to happen in September or October due to scheduling issues.

Our weather has not been nice today.  Hot and muggy when I got up and took my walk.  It was cloudy then and is now, but sunny in the middle.  We may have some thunderstorms later.

Sorry the crew didn't do a good job on your sidewalk, Bernie.  Wonder if they know they had an on-site supervisor (i.e. Ms. Handywoman) keeping track.

Hope you were able to dodge the rain, Fressa.  Good work on your decluttering.

I made some banana bread for the senior lunch program yesterday evening, and took it in today after I dropped off the hospice mailings at the Post Office.  I needed to drop off some materials at the hospice office as well, and I learned that one of my "regulars" (delivery) passed away a week ago.  Very nice lady.

Since I had an OLLI class this afternoon, I went to the gym in the morning, and it was fairly crowded. But, I was able to use the machines I like.  

The OLLI class was on decluttering.  The lady who gave the class (on Zoom) has written some books on the subject, and is a professional organizer.  I didn't get any exciting new information, but there are a few ideas that might help.  While I haven't looked at her website yet, she said that she posts "toss of the day" and other information.  I will check it out for more tips.

The pest control guy is supposed to come this afternoon, and I have yet more bananas from the senior lunch program -- need to make yet more banana bread at some point.  For some reason, they keep sending bananas for dessert, and people get tired of them.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Your OLLI classes always sound interesting to me. I like the "toss of the day" idea. I may try that with the cedar closet project and the floral supply project. I overdid it on the work room project. 

Glad you still were able to get to the gym at your preferred time. You certainly keep very busy.

Esteemed Contributor

PALady---Hope both appointments went well. Sorry your dental procedure was cancelled.