Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Friday, January 31st)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well. 

Up early today, hate those mornings I wake up and just can not get back to sleep.  Of course, at 9:00 I will be ready for a nap.

Jean - Hope you are feeling better today.

Twinny - Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Charlene - Wishing your DH the best with his surgery.

Linda - I am sorry about your Hospice patient.

Can not believe it is the end of the month.  I had a list of things to get done and accomplished some but not all of the list.  Oh well, next month is a new begining.  Not much happening around here, I have clothes to wash today and grocery shopping to do.  I dom hope to get some decluttering done also.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful morning.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (Friday, January 31st)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning @PAlady   I woke up around the same time that you posted this thread this morning Woman Very Happy  Guess I didn't need 8 hours of sleep last night.  

I'll probably pick up a few things from the grocery store before I head over to the home depot to pick up and order that I had delivered to the store.  It was ready yesterday but I was afraid to leave the house because I didn't want to miss the mail carrier.  My new phones were delivered and a signature was required.

Of course, once the new phone was activated, I lost a couple of hours by going through the pre-loaded apps and customizing everything.  Wow, I thought windows 10 was bad as far as wanting to 'help me'.  This is my first new phone in 5 years and I see that android phones have caught up with computers as far as trying to 'help me'.

The amount of data mining that goes on with these devices is frightening, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie - I hate to sit around to sign for something.  I ordered an item and it needed  a signature, about 8:00 that night I looked at the tracking and it said it was delivered.  I looked at the signature area of the tracking area - they threw it on my door mat and took a picture of it there as the proof of delivery.  Of course I stayed home from a meeting that night to sign for the package and really did not need to.  I was not pleased.

Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady   I lucked out because my mail carrier usually gets here before noon.  She also knocked on the door.  She said I wasn't sure you heard the doorbell and I said, yea I put that on my things to do list for this summer.  Currently the doorbell only seems to ring for people trying to sell me cable, windows or new gutters Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and overcast today. We did not get the snow as predicted. I figure that's because I stocked up at the store yesterday. LOL I have to make another trip back today because they are suppose to have one of my breathing prescriptions. I sure hope there isn't a snag or surprise. It seems like I've lost days on just trying to get my proper medication.

The Pier 1 store near me is closing. That's my favorite store. I can always find something in there that I like. They are only have 4 days for the close out sale so I'm not sure if I can squeeze that on my list for today. I don't "need" anything and I know if I go that I will out with "something". So tempting but I may try to avoid the temptation.

The house neds a good dusting but that will depend how long I'm at the pharmacy. I have a few little errands to handle but not sure if that will be checked off the list today. I can't believe it's the end of the month. I still have some lab work, etc. to check off my list. Here's hoping Feb is more productive.

Time to bring the winter decor in from the doors and porch. Our neighbor already has her hearts outside. I hope to handle that today. 

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Sorry you woke up so early this morning.  I didn't sleep well last night for a variety of reasons.  While lunch tasted good yesterday, I don't think my stomach was too happy.  Not sure why, but I think the barbecue had more fat in it than I am used to.  And, my knee was bothering me as well.  I got up and took an ibuprofen, and got to sleep around midnight or so.  Then, at 12:30 a.m. my phone rang.  My phone "announces" the callers, and it was Jo Ann who I am supposed to behaving lunch with today.  I answered the phone, but she did not respond and hung up.  Then, I spent quite a while trying to decide what (if anything) I should do.  In the end, I decided to call her later this morning.  Hopefully, she is okay.  I think I will ask her if she wants a ride to the restaurant since I don't think she should be driving.

Regarding having to sign for an item, when I lived in Maryland, I had ordered a computer.  I was out when it arrived (I don't think they told me that I would need to sign for it), and they left a note saying that I did need to sign.  So, I was sitting in wait for the delivery when they arrived and rang the doorbell.  I dashed up the steps, and they were already writing a note saying that they had attempted to deliver the package, but I was not there.  Yikes!  

It was cool this morning (30's), but should make it up to the 60's today and even warmer tomorrow and Sunday.  Starting Monday, we are supposed to have much cooler weather.  In fact, Tuesday it is only supposed to make it up to the 40's and lows in the lower 20's.  Not good timing for the economically important "gem show(s)" in Tucson where people come from all over the world.  To top it off, I know some are nervous about possibly being exposed to the coronavirus. I attended one year with DH, and it was very interesting, but I was not planning to attend this year.  

Other than (hopefully) having lunch with Jo Ann, I have no big plans for today.  I will go grocery shopping this afternoon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Good luck with your prescriptions, Fressa.  I am sorry your favorite store is closing.  I don't have many Valentine's Day decorations (none for outdoors), but I put out the ones I had yesterday.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just a quick update.  I called Jo Ann and left a message.  And, she called me a few minutes ago.  She did not mention my call or hers from last night.  I did volunteer to pick her up, and she agreed.  That is a weight off my mind.  Hopefully, we will have a nice lunch today.