Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time (Friday, 7/3)

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Hope your day is going well.  Today is my 21st wedding anniversary.  I can not believe I have been married 21 years.  By this time on my wedding day the ceremony was just ending.  We got married at noon, and our reception was from 2-5.  DH and I did not want the dancing, bouquet toss and garter toss.  Never did like that even when I was younger.  Anyways, it is hot and humid here, the grass in everyone's yards is brown and crispy.  Funny how it rained forever and then bam -- the rain shut off.

What does everyone have planned for the Fourth?  My sister is having a very small party (11 of us) and that is about it here.  I have my carpal tunnel surgery on the 7th so I am waiting on a call from the hospital about it.  Of course they called yesterday when I was out and I returned the call and now I have to wait for them to call back.  

Well need to do something constructive here.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time (Friday, 7/3)

Hi Everyone!

Palady1---Happy Anniversary!!!! We celebrated our 31st on the 24th.  Hope you have a wonderful anniversary weekend.

It's hot and humid and in the 90's. That is the same forecast for the next 2 eeks.UGH!!!! I have my fingers crossed that the A/C keep their word and are here Tu/Wed to replace our system. This weather is not kind to my health issues so it's a day at a time for me and the dogs.

I was hoping to make a trip to an appliance store to look at a range but it's just too hot. The salesman did tell me that the sale price was good until next Wed. so that gives me a few days to think about this. The other appliance store is much larger and has more models.(some on sale and some not) I want to narrow down the options before I venture there and preferably next week. My head is spinning from reading a ton of reviews and then comparing it to consumer reports and the suggestions on the forums. (I find I get my best specifcs from the forum members and the CR narrows down some of the models)) 

Since I'm not a morning person then I'll havve to do the watering of the gardens in the evening. The poor plants are jus toasting in this sun. I did see a few roses bloom and 2 of the hummingbird bushes have grown. YIPPEE!!! It's a surprise every morning with my camo thumb and the wildlife. 

I am hoping to have enough energy to tackle some tiny projects over this holiday weekend. My husband is doing the same thing with the small fix-it projects. As long as they are indoors I think our odds are 50-50. ha ha!!!

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening and holiday weekend.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Happy Anniversary!  Have fun at your sister's party.  I have no holiday plans at all.  But, I have my decorations up, and I'll probably watch some special programs on TV.

Hi Fressa.  Sorry it is so hot there.  Good luck deciding on a range.  Nice that you have some flowers in bloom, and I hope you and your husband are able to do some things around the house this weekend, but if it is way too hot, just take it easy.

My Wal Mart grocery pick-up went very well, and I don't think there were any substitutions.  The only issue I had was getting out of the parking lot.  Friday morning is probably not the best time to do the pick-up.  But, I think I will use the pick-up instead of going into the store until things improve here.

I had an e-mail from my friend (since third grade), who had some sad news about one of our friends who found out she has cancer and is undergoing chemo.  She doesn't want any phone calls (too tired), but now I have her e-mail and snail mail address. My friend and I had not been in contact for a while, so we shared other news about our families.  Her son and family (wife and three small children) who were living in a tiny apartment near Central Park (NY), are spending the summer in California.  They are staying in her Aunt's house while she is away.  They had to quarantine when they arrived, but are doing okay now.

i just saw that Arizona now has more than 90,000 virus cases.  Hope more people are taking it seriously and wearing masks, etc.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Congratulations upon your anniversary. Enjoy your sister's party. It always seems telephone tag is often the mode when trying to finalize details for a surgery.

Fressa--There are many good sales right now on appliances; the problem is deciding on which one to buy. Reading reviews is always an important step, as well as things like delivery costs, etc.

Linda--I'm glad your WalMart grocery pick up went well. I've found mid-week seems to be the best for me. With all that is going on now, this method eliminates many possible virus contacts.

I ventured out today to go  to the city, five weeks after the rotator cuff surgery. It made me more tired than I expected. First, I parked at the mall entrance near the nail place but it was locked. I had to drive to the other end of the mall where one door was open. I then had to walk clear back to the other end to get may nails done, and then return. I'm not used to doing that much so I got very tired.

I did eat lunch at the Outback and then came home. I was so tired that I laid down to rest. I guess I'm good until I go back to the city on the 14th for my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. I also have a knee injection scheduled for that date and for the next two weeks for the gel to cushion the knee where it is bone on bone.

Today was my outing for the 4th. I'll take it easy tomorrow and perhaps watch some appropriate programming.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady 

Happy Anniversary Wishes

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

We're having the same weather @Fressa   I was up early this morning and had the oscillating sprinkler going by 6:30 am.  I soaked the backyard by quadrant and finished by 1:30 pm.  My water bill is going to be awful when it comes in next month (I'm billed quarterly).  I couldn't watch the robins scrounging for food in the dry ground one more day.

Honored Contributor

Hi @LindaLatte  I'm glad that your grocery pick up went well.  I haven't tried that yet.  I did go grocery shopping for the second time this week to pick up when they didn't have when I went on Monday.  I was in and out and saw a couple of people walking around without masks.  I'll never understand that, so I've stopped trying Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

That's alotta walking Jean @KonaKat  Glad you had a favorable experience at the nail salon and Outback.

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Thank you all for the good wishes.  We were going to go to our favorite restaurant and when I Googled it, it was closed.  So we had Anniversary Pizza tonight.  That was okay with me, I really did not want to sit at a restaurant with a mask on.

I waited all day for my phone call and they did not call.  I have a feeling they closed for the holiday, it would have been nice they would have told my DH that on the phone yesterday.  I am not happy.

Fressa - I hope you get your AC fixed soon.  I hope you can decide quickly on the stove you want.  I have an electric range and I like it, but sometimes I do wish I had a gas stove.

Linda - I am sorry to hear about your friend, I wish her the best.  Glad to hear your Walmart pick up when well I haven't tried that yet.  I don't go to our Walmart very often, I swear people turn stupid when they pull into the parking lot.

Jean - Glad to hear you were out and about today.  Hope you got some much needed rest after the outing.  Glad your shoulder is doing well.

Bernie - Our water bill is going to be very high this month, but we will take it.  I know the robins appreciated what you have done for them.

Well not much more to write here.  I just hit something to make my print smaller (hate when I do that).  Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I am late to the party, but I want to say Happy 21st Wedding Anniversary to you and your DH.   Anniversary Pizza sounds good.  Our 50th wedding anniversary was in March and the day before, we started to self distance & quarantine ourselves.  It's a good thing that we celebrated a week earlier, but we are still waiting to go for a nice sit down dinner.   Good luck with your carpal tunnel surgery on Tuesday.  I have a dental appointment for cleaning that day.  

It's been so hot that I do nothing.  It's too hot to walk, but the A/C is wonderful.  Fressa, I hope that you get A/C real soon & a new range too.  

Hugs to all of you.