Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Friday 12/11

Genny1 - DH will help me wrap, I just don't look at the way he does it or how it looks when he is done.  No, he doesn't get one every year, it has been a few years since he got one.  I really don't like venison, but I am happy for DH when he gets one.  .

Esteemed Contributor

This was the first Downton Abbey of the final season (new episode).  Very good by the way....

DH's physical therapy went slowly -- he just could figure out the marching in place, toe lifts, etc., but then the therapist put him on a machine (sort of like a stationary bike, but not exactly).  You use both your arms and legs.  He did quite well on the machine --  took a couple of breaks, but did it for 15 minutes.  And, then she had him walk around the facility.  He did well then as well.

Fortunately, we have that type of machine in the fitness facility/gym, and I think I'll try to take him there at least a couple of days a week.  I won't try to exercise myself (which is what I was doing before -- taking him with me and putting him on a machine while I did my thing).  Anything that helps him get stronger is a good thing.

Honored Contributor

Have to laugh, LL, about me keeping up with the cleaning. If I kept up, I wouldn't be scrambling now to clean my entire house 1 week before my whole family (minus a couple people) comes for a dinner party. Lol. I spent the whole Spring, summer and Fall outdoors, only doing the daily basics, that is the problem. ROFL, I did get the shampoo-ing of the carpeting downstairs done today, just leaves the stairs and landing for one day next week. Also got a couple more things on my "list" done, so am within a half day of being on schedule. Made up a list for the next 7 days, hope I can keep a handle on it, if so, next weekend will go very smoothly. Have a great night everyone.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  We had such a beautiful day here - it was 75° last time I checked.  The last two days I've been running errands. That piece of junk Kindle is on its way back to Amazon; they agreed to take back the case as well, since I have no use for it.  Yesterday we took a ride out to Jasper so I could get reimbursed for postage for all the packages I sent to the troops. I did stop at Goody's, as every year they offer a really cute bear for just a few dollars and the profits go for Toys for Tots. I saw several tops and sweaters I loved (one sweater in particular), but I have no need of any more...and it doesn't matter how pretty something is if it's going to just sit in a drawer. My favorite bear did say he wanted to get me a new sweatshirt to knock around in, as I'm tired of the ones I have. I saw only Christmas sweatshirts, but then as I headed to the cashier with the bear I saw a very, very pretty one in the juniors' department - gorgeous colors, and it's soft fleece.  I must say Goody's has gotten quite expensive; the sweatshirt was $50, but was on sale for half off.  Still high for something like that, but I do love it.  At the register they asked for my phone number....Um...NO! I'm sick and tired of data miners and try to save as much of my privacy as possible. Cat Mad

Today I went to Sam's as the dog kibble is running low; I looked at the clothing and saw they had some sweatshirts, but there were nothing special, so I wasn't really tempted. I returned the tablet to Aldi with no problem, and was happy to find a cute stuffed dog to send to Alice for only $3.99. I'm going to write a letter to send along with it and tell her the dog is named Foxy, like her favorite dog was, and remind her of him and how he became a therapy dog after he lost a leg. Shopping for the YEAR is now done, except for some eggs.  They're more than a dollar a dozen cheaper at the Aldi in Georgia, and I need a lot for my baking.

I've heard of Downtown Abbey, but never got into it.  For those of you who like it, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Charlene, I put the naughty, destructive cats outside and fixed up the spare doghouse on the porch for them with a warm quilt, so things are a little bit calmer...although "someone" is still pooping right next to the litter box.  (sigh)  When I find out who it is, out he goes...  Of course they'll be well fed and cared for, but for what remains of my own sanity, some of them are going to have to remain outside cats...like Velcro, who liked to pee on small appliances and has been an outside cat for the last two years or so.

As for the dogs, I've got to tell you what happened - the most embarassing thing I can remember - but that's going to have to wait for tomorrow.  I'm really beat and need a nap; I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed evening! 

Honored Contributor

My sister called me later this afternoon with some sad news.  My mother's last cat Misty passed away this morning.  Misty turned 20 on Monday.  Today is the 5 year anniversary of my Ma's death - ironic.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh birdmama, I am so sorry, and yes that is ironic.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

She rebounded from the sinus infection like a champ last month.  That cat was a non stop talker and I just talked to her on the phone the other day.  When my sister is on the phone with me, Misty comes up and starts talking.

She didn't act odd until last night.  My sister had taken the day as her allowed corporate holiday.  They get one that have to use before year end or they lose it.  She told me she had no idea why she picked this particular date but was glad she did.  Sudden onset kidney failure.  Caught early enough to spare Misty pain, but not reversible.

I feel bad for my sister because my Ma's cats were all around the same age range.  Cuddles passed around this time in 2013, Rusty in September of 2014 and now Misty.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm glad Misty didn't suffer at any rate, still sad. I'm sure she will be missed. (hugs).
Trusted Contributor

Bernie - Sorry about your mom's cat.

Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry to hear about your Mom's cat, Bernie.  Hugs