Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Friday 12/11

Good morning ladies, hope all is well. 

I am watching the Q, was thinking about the TSV for winter slippers, but decided I will make due with what I have.  I have done more shopping for myself these past two months than I have for anyone else.   So now I need to get in control.

I didn't get any wrapping done yesterday, but, I did get my grocery shopping done.  I was getting ready to wrap and found out I needed tissue paper, so of course out I go for it and lost my desire to wrap by the time I got back. 

I do have "stuff" to do today, I am waiting for it to get light out here so I can get the dog out for her morning walk.  Hope everyone has a great morning, what is everyone up to today?

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Friday 12/11

Good morning all. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Thanks to PAlady for starting us off this morning. At least your grocery shopping is out of the way, that's a huge plus in my book.

I walked down the street, around the corner and brought my car back this morning, got it back parked where it belongs before the 'crew' started again today.  Fingers crossed they don't have any more issues today. Had light frost on the windows, ugh! My plan for today is to dust and shampoo the carpet downstairs, that will be another big job out of the way, laundry etc. Christmas gift shopping is about done, for me, with the exception of stocking stuffers for hubby (yep, we do stockings, it's fun). I think we both look more forward to the stockings than anything else, lol. Oh, almost forgot, also need to shop for a couple gifts for the dog. She does enjoy tearing open her presents. It's also fun to watch her.

Waves to everyone.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Morning, here I sit, but must get moving, grocery shopping, then home to make some cookies, think most of the gifts are bought, got to get my list out as we're getting down to the wire.

Beautiful weather here, 60ish & sunny, & it's December, some years ago we had this, then a blizzard on Easter

Have a good one, catch you later

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad you got the grocery shopping out of the way yesterday, and hope your morning walk was good.  I purchased some new slippers from the other channel, and I'm really enjoying them.  It is nice to keep my feet warm (I generally have cold feet and hands in the winter/cooler times).

You are certainly keeping up with the cleaning, snicks.  I should follow your example, but I am very easily distracted.

Glad you are having nice weather, spix.  And, good for you with your shopping.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (praying for you), Bernie, Marijane, LindaR, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

DH has a physical therapy session this morning, and I'm hoping for the best.  I spent some time this morning composing and sending an e-mail to his children -- explaining the medical and financial happenings.  I talk to his DD fairly often, but his son is pretty shy, so I wanted to make sure both of them know what is going on.

The Downton Abbey preview was so much fun.  If any of you are fans and have the opportunity to attend one, I would highly recommend it.  Most of the people there were devoted fans, and were so responsive to the show.  Some wore hats, etc. that were reminiscent of the period.  There were several people there to introduce the program (from the local public TV station and the venue), and they were well received as well.  When we left, they gave us decorated paper cups, coasters, etc. with the logo on them along with a tea bag for use while watching the program.  I was a bit nervous since it lasted longer than expected, but DH was fine when I got home, and he did sleep pretty well last night.  

No other big plans for the day other than the physical therapy session  I still need to do my Christmas cards, and I will want to take a walk and check out some produce at the grocery and 99 cent store.  

We are expecting cooler weather today, and much cooler tomorrow and Sunday.  I guess you can't have perfect weather for the whole winter, but....

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....another great day here...warm and into the 50's.....I took a walk around my yard yesterday and I see some plant life starting to push up from tne ground.....they will be getting a surprise when it turns cold and snows!  For all you ladies looking gor snow....when it comes to you DON'T send it my way.....I am very happy and delighted with the weather we are having....it was very foggy this morning but has turned into a nice sunny day,

As for wrapping presents I have been buying the QVC gift bags for the past few years....they are made out of Mylar..alike the balloons....and have a ribbon running thru it and you pull each side and it gathers up into a nice bag....there is a set of tnem in different sizes and also a few not Christmas themed .  I really like tnem.

I hope your DH has a good PT session LindaL...Sounds like you had a great night at the Downton party.....I love that show.....I usually watch it a few times a week ...we get 3 different PBS channels on here so it will come on different times during the week.....I especially like Maggie Smith...I will be so sorry when it ends.   Did you see some new episodes or what was it that you saw?  

tHats about all.....have a nice day...just saw a "notice "here about not being able yo complete  this action.....whatever that means so I will see if this posts!

Trusted Contributor

Snicks - Hope you don't have too much of a mess for Christmas with the work going on.  I would love to get my dog a few gifts for Christmas, but she is not much of a toy player.  Maybe I just haven't found the right toy yet, not sure.

Spix - We are also having beautiful weather, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Last year at this time we were freezing and had snow, we are supposed to hit 68 degrees tomorrow, I am loving this weather, I could take this until Spring.

LindaL -  Glad you had a good time last night, it sounded like a fun evening.  I love watching Downton Abbey, it was an interesting time and way of life.  Glad it worked out with DH being on his own.

Genny1 -  I would love to use gift bags, but DH thinks the gifts should be wrapped.  That is why I am waiting for him to come home from hunting so he can help me wrap.  Like you we are having beautiful weather, I will keep this as long as I can.

Have a good afternoon everyone. 

Trusted Contributor

Susan I had to laugh how you are waiting for your DH to come home and help you wrap....if that was my case waiting for my DH to wrap I'd be a much older ang grey hair lady than I am......he gets my adult daughter to wrap his presents for me, I don't think he would even know where to start.     Does your DH get a deer every year? I have had deer meat once in my life from neighbors when we lived up in Maine.... But I couldn't get past the Bambi thing!

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I wrote out the Christmas cards last night and mailed them this morning.  I put flag stamps on all of them and had to stop by the post office because I ran out, with three cards to go.  I buy my stamps at the kiosk and wouldn't you know I got Charlie Brown looking into a mailbox holiday stamps.  Guess Charlie Brown will be going out on my mortgage payments for the next 6 months, he he he.  Some folks will get Charlie on their Birthday cards next year too.  Oh well, postage is postage.

I went to the bank and got the money for the great nieces Christmas gifts.  I kicked in $15 towards a group gift to my manager and have a little cash left to pick up gift cards and candy to stuff in my sister's gift purse.

I need to get to a Barnes and Noble and buy my 2016 Audubon bird a day desk calendar.

I've used gift bags, but my preference is wrapping a gft box, be it holiday or birthday.

I used to go all out on my Ma's presents from me and her granddog Max.  I would hit Hallmark, regardless of the occasion and color coordinate tissue paper, gift tags, bows, and wrapping paper.  I never knew how much it meant to her until she died.  My sister came over with a big box - like a moving box - and said do you want this?

My mother had saved tags, tissue paper and wrapping for gifts from me throughout the years and tagged them by occasion.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - sorry I haven't checked in the past couple of days.  Hope that everyone is doing well.  Sounds as if doing Christmas activities is high on the to-do lists.  I've barely made a dent in gift buying.  The Downton Abby event sounded nice.  I've enjoyed the show, but I'm glad that this is going to be the last season.  At some point shows begin to "jump the shark" if they go on too long.  I'd like Downton Abby to end on a high note.

I went with my Mom to her doctor appt on Wed. and her test results were good.  Looks like she just has ovarian cysts - no sign of cancer.  Glad that's over with, at least for now.  After weeks and weeks of sunny warm days, we've finally gotten a bit of rain.  We really need it.  (No sign of El Nino yet...).  My kids are both coming home from college tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to seeing them, but it'll be weird too.  My DH and I have rather gotten used to being empty nesters.  I am about to go to the grocery store and I have some general cleaning to do today.  Just want the house in some resemblance of order before the kids come home and put it in disarray again.

Arlene - how are the pets?  I was thinking about you this morning as I cleaned up after our puppy.  It was sprinkling last night so she refused to go outside and do her business.  That meant a mess for me to clean up this morning in her crate.  Then our cat Abby (nicknamed Crabby Abby) kept attacking our cat Davis.  I've got Harper and Abby both outside for now.  I love our pets, but there are moments when they're a nuisance.  

Well, hope everybody has a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Charlene, I am so relieved that the growths on your mom's ovaries are just cysts.  I had a couple and they can still be bothersome, but at least they are benign.

What a load off of you and your Mom. Whew!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise