Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Friday 11/13)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

We are enjoying a beautiful day here today, sunny but cool.  I will take this weather until May.  

Was out doing some shopping for DH's Christmas gift.  He knows what he is getting, he told me he needed a new driver, his broke.  So, off I go to Dicks Sporting Goods with the old driver (DH said only the head needed replaced).  Okay, so I go in and of course this driver is 8 years old and they don't make that one anymore, but, there is a new and improved one - Yes, paid for a new one - hope DH loves it.

I think Jean is working today - Hope the kids were good for you.

Not much else happening here, I almost have the wash done and need to to pick up the house.  

Hope eveyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Friday 11/13)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad your weather is nice, and hope your DH loves his new driver.  

I was expecting to do more hospice supply deliveries today, but when I went to the office they told me that the nurse was taking care of it.  So, I just dropped off their materials (including the box for the patient who died yesterday), and went to the Post Office to mail the bereavement letters I assembled last night.  Then, I made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up a couple of items I forgot yesterday.  I pick up a DVD from the library soon, and then I have the afternoon with no real agenda.  

It was chilly again this morning, but not as chilly as yesterday.  I really wish the crews were a little faster with making our sidewalks compliant with accessibility regulations.  While our streets are not all that busy, I am not comfortable with walking in them instead of the sidewalks.   And, today there were a couple of yard sales in the neighborhood that brought more cars.

I heard from my oldest DGS that he received his birthday card, and his wife posted a picture of him surrounded by his birthday gifts.  Certainly made me smile.

My webcam came yesterday (late), and I think it will be much better for my Zoom classes and meetings.  But, when it first came on, I thought I would need to get a facelift pronto.   Fortunately, you don't see all the wrinkles as much if you move back a little from the camera.

Hope Jean has a good day at work, and everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's a nice and mostly sunny day in my neck of the woods.  It's 46 degrees outside right now, so on the chilly side.  It's been a quiet and uneventful week for me.  The state's daily positive covid-19 cases is getting bigger by the day.  Since my sister is an essential worker I've been trying to minimize her time in the public by doing her grocery shopping when I do mine for the past 2 weeks.  She picks up her groceries on the way home from work (my house is not out of the way).  

Gotta be careful out there Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but cool today. YIPPEE!!  I just returned from a drive thru banking run in record time. WOO-HOO!!!  I hope to tackle a few more paperwork issues. I fixed a banking/credit card issue. It was odd because this one card seems to get hacked every other time I use it at one company. I've called and checked thru the bank and credit card companies and really am not sure it's "really" resolved. We'll see. 

I received an email from the dog food company about ordering ahead due to shipping delays. Normally, I don't like to stack up bags of chow but I will place an order for an additional bag. I'm hoping that will get them thru the end of the year. It was difficult to find a brand and a few flavors that they both could eat and digest. 

Not a ton of energy today. I guess I had too much fun grocery shopping yesterday. LOL

I did  few small decluttering the desk tasks that were bugging me. I ordered those car hooks from the Gifts with Dan show and they arrived yesterday. FAST!!! They are made well and hold my purse on the front seat. They are worth it for that. I put another one in the back to hold my shopping totes. One in the hubby's car to hold the dog lease if we have a run to the vet's with a sick dog. Good price and made well.

I resisted all the clothing items in Leah's show this morning. She mentioned that Amy with Clark's just had a baby girl. I wondered why we haven't seen her on the presentations. I must be watching less because this was all news to me. I'm taking that as a good progress. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Trusted Contributor

Hope everyone is having a great day and will have a wonderful weekend as well. Is Friday the 13th! After raining buckets yesterday is cooler and partly cloudy today. I am actually done my holiday shopping in record time! I have been reading a blog geared towards living as a minimalist and have made that my goal. One day at a time right? Husband and I arent going to buy each other gifts this year as we reallty have no wants and only few dire needs. Feels good from a one time shopaholic to now becoming a true minimalist. Am now in the process of cleaning out closets and donating items that we dont use, dont actually need....one day at a time, one item at a time. Cheers to all of you! xxxx Stormy

Honored Contributor

Hey @Stormygirl   it's been such a long time, good to see you posting Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone.I am quite exhausted. I have worrked every school day this week, with some nights of so-so sleep. I did want to drop in and say I am still around. I go to the city over an hour away tomorrow, an area in which Covid has quadrupled in a week. I'll be picking up my monthly Walmart grocery order and getting my hair cut before things might close down again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.