Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (December 25th)

Susan, what a bummer for both of you.  Hopefully your dh will be feeling better soon & you don't get it.  

We have plans for NYE, but they are starting after lunch tomorrow.  My bf since HS & a gf of hers (both are widow's) are coming up in the afternoon and we are going to play euchre.   It's our first NYE without my bf's husband so its kind of gut wrenching for my dh & I.  Then we are all going to our favorite Italian restaurant for an early dinner.  She wants to get back home before the drunks are on the roads.

At Midnight, my dh & I will be getting into the hot tub with a wine cooler🤔🤗🤔.  We are supposed to get an inch of snow overnight and ending tomorrow morning..  

Linda L,  your outfit sounded great.  It's fun to get dressed up now and then.   I have a few things in mind that we are hoping to do.

I just found out that our hometown is going to drop the ball on our hometown square at 5:00 P.M. I can't remember if it will be Swiss cheese or Limburger cheese.  Darn, I think we will be eating at that time.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

PALady--- I hope your DH feels beter sooner than later. The hubby has been off and on with a bad cold. (He hardly ever gets sick). 

We always love a quiet NewYears. He's a super early riser (4 AM and I'm up at 7 to feed the dogs. He and the dogs fall asleep shortly after dinner.I stay up late and watch tv. I always have trouble sleeping. I missed seeing the super moon because it was so foggy here. UGH!!1

I avoid going to the malls anymore., I can do enough shopping with the on line shoppomg/: Lol. Hopefully, the remainin purchases for the bathroom will show up on the doorstep. Right now they are still sitting in "fullfillment". ????

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Glad your caregivers lunch was enjoyable. I jujst saw an article on Bob Mackie.. I think he's still creating the stage outfits for Pink. Good to see a few of the "oldies but goodies" still designing. 

It's always a bonus (I think) when you can squeeze in some of your regular routines in the  middle of work and holidays. Those last few days before Christmas seem to frazzel me. LOL

I have such a stack of receipts and an error in my checkbook that is driving me crazy. I always have eveything in order and those last few days between the bathroom and Christmas had me just putting it on my desk. UGH !!! Today my goal is to get the spare room in order. I do all the gift wrapping in there, store the extra Lock & Lock in there, etc. It's my catch all for now. 

I did order one of the Pop-It storage shelves for the Holiday storage room. I'll finally be able to get those big bins off the floor and on a shelf. It will be so much easier when I'm moving the trees in and out of there. Can't wait. On sale and free S&H. YIPPEE!

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70---Your NewYear's plans sound like fun. What a difficult time for your friend. The "firsts" of all the holidays are so difficult with loss. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

It's been trying to snow but the best that has happened was some icy rain. Thank heavens that didn't last long. The temps are cooler so that's always good. I sure hope we do get the snow that has been forecast. The dogs and I are counting on it. I even purchased a heavier hoodie for our DGS and heavy sweatpants for our son for Christmas. I figure between putting the dog out and shoveling snow they will need something warmer to wear. 

They have multiple firewrorks around here. (all during the late evening) The dogs do not like them so it's a long night for them. Enjoy your time in the hot tub with the wine cooler. That sounds great!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  After a warmer than normal day yesterday, it is mostly sunny and cooler here today.  They a predicting it will make it up to 60 degrees but was only in the 30's when I got up this morning.  Rain may happen later in the week.  We can always use the rain, so I hope that happens.  Also hope you get snow rather than ice, Fressa.

Sounds like you have some great plans for the day and evening, Glenda.  I think it is a good idea to include your friend who lost her DH and is celebrating without him for the first time.

Church was good and I plan to go to the gym after lunch.  Planning to do some cooking and cleaning later today, and finish setting up my 2024 financial book, etc.  I know that many people do this on their computer, but this is one case where I much prefer pencil and paper.

Waves to Fressa, Glenda, Bernie, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Ladies, we've made it to another New Year's Eve.  I'm grateful for each of you. 

Happy-new-year GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

I just wanted to wish you all a Happy and Safe New Year!  

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening & Happy New Year to all of you ladies. 🎉🎉🎉

My bf & I had awful cards, but it was still fun. They won 6 games to our 3.  We had a great meal at our favorite Italian restaurant.   I had the Shrimp Pasta Bake, potato bacon soup with garlic bread.  Way too much food, so I am going to have leftovers tomorrow as is my dh.  He had spaghetti with 2 super big meatballs.

My dh is watching the Packers vs Vikings game & I am starting to read a book called "BEDE'S Book".  It was printed in 2019 & she was my algebra teacher in 1964. It's all about our hometown.   It's fun to read about my hometown as I have never left my  hometown.

We are waiting to get into the hot tub at 1I:30.  I 1/2 hours to go.   

Glenda